1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Mojo ideas
    Hi my original point was really about misinformation about the tonal qualities was being dripped into the thread in a rather deliberate way over a few weeks. Comments which were picked up and perpetrated. To my veiw point what was being said made no sense in engineering terms and so the original information was not being countered properly I'm naturally sorry if, as some sugested I've given offence. I'm pleased to say we Brits don't take offence very easily. So I guess we are more apt to annoy those perhaps with more sensitive natures.

miketlse likes this.
  2. jaibautista
    I don't know if this has already been asked before. But I hope someone can answer my query:

Am I double amping if I connect my Mojo to a desktop amplifier and I don't use line level out, i.e., I lower the volume from violet (line level) to blue?

I just bought an Audio Technica ATH-R70x and noticed that the highs are buried in the background if i use the Mojo's line level with the Lake People G109A (the latter's volume knob rests at 12 o'clock). In order to feed more power to the R70x, which are power-hungry cans (they are rated at 470 ohms), I decided to lower the Mojo's volume level by six to seven clicks until I see two blue balls; doing so allows me to crank up the volume knob of the G109A to 3 o'clock to reach the same loudness as with line level. In the second setting, the highs are much more prominent without sounding sibilant or fatiguing.

I don't notice any noise or artifacts that are usually associated with double amping.

If my understanding of how the Mojo is incorrect, please let me know.

Thanks a lot! :D

3. Mython Contributor

No.

That's no problem at all.

4. jaibautista

Thanks @Mython for the quick response!

Based on my very basic understanding of the Mojo's architecture, it doesn't have a dedicated amp section (unlike most portable DAC/amp units available). Hence, there's really no double amping happening since the Mojo's DAC section is also its "amp section". I hope I am making some sense here. Hahaha :)

Thanks again! :D

5. Delayeed
    There still are 6 transistors in the output stage but idk how much that affects things.

6. GRUMPYOLDGUY

No. Flat is flat. 

7. GRUMPYOLDGUY

Great post.

Of course it only makes sense to discuss Mojo measurements into extremely high impedance loads (i.e. unloaded)... otherwise you're no longer talking about the Mojo but Mojo AND some other equipment. 

8. jonlad1
    Is anyone using USB Audio Player Pro + Android + Mojo here without issues?

I heard there are problems with music fading in/out

Torn up between the Mojo and Oppo HA-2...

9. Mython Contributor

Thousands of people around the world are successfully using USB Audio Player Pro + Android + Mojo without issues

10. jonlad1
    Cool - would love to hear from a few of them

11. tangents
    I'm running HTC 10 with USB Audio Player Pro and Mojo — haven't experienced any fade in/out.

12. jonlad1

Awesome - all different sampling rates work ok?

Cheers

13. tangents

Yup, sampling rates get picked up automagically. Having said that, I only have flac files in my collection — mainly 16/44 and 24/96, with I think a few 24/192.

14. jwbrent
    I connected my new Mojo to my main system to see how it sounds there, and the results are very good. I'm taking the output of the Mojo and connecting it to the fixed level inputs on my Luxman MQ88 amp which drives a pair of Raidho XT-1s.

I tried using the variable level inputs on the MQ88, but the sound is noticeably better letting the Mojo control volume level.

AK240SSMojo.jpg

RaidhoXT-1.jpg

Mython and DBaldock9 like this.
  15. kydu
    IMG_4011.jpg

Chord mojo with Ra2.0 amp from venture electronics and their zen2.0 earbud is the best combo I've heard to date