1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Dithyrambes
    it works but it's not great. I had the combo when I bought the mojo first and was underwhelmed. The mojo will sound much better with a gustard h10 which synergies well with the he560. Please no more mojo has enough power and I don't like the transparent sound of the analog stage please. I understand your view points. I had the experience before and he560 sounds better with the h10 amp. Better soundstage, bass and more body to the sound. Don't care if it's distorting the mojo .00003 thd. It sounds better. If you can't get h10 get a Burson Lycan amp with v5 opamps.

2. GreenBow
    I was wondering this sort of thing when I was just recently looking at the Beyer Dynamic T1 2nd gen. They are 600ohm headphones. Like the Senn HD800(s) I think.

There seems to be mixed responses to this. Many say the Mojo can drive them fine, while others disagree.

I sometimes think about getting a hi-fi amplifier (for desktop speakers) and using the headphone port on the amp. Have the Mojo connected to the amp. I think most amplifier headphone ports have enough power for all headphones. I don't know for sure though, so it's back to square one.

3. Deftone
    Mojo powers most headphones more than just fine it's just a synergy problem people are having.

4. Naugrim
    Ya'll see these cases?  I don't speak or read Japanese, but check it out: https://twitter.com/dignis_jp/media

moj.jpg

5. Mython Contributor

Yeah, that was released a few months ago, specifically to stack Mojo with the AK70.

(above quote also archived in post #3)

If I had an AK70, I'd definitely get one of these Dignis combination cases, as they're a nice stacking solution, and nicely made.

Delayeed likes this.
  6. Mojo ideas
    we thought about that but decided it had to go on to both parts of the case work especially the most complicated and expensive part. To increase the cost of duplication! There's always a good reason for what we do and usually and it's been thought through. Even though at first glance it might not seem that way.

jwbrent and Peter Hyatt like this.
  7. tangents
    I received my Dignis Mojo case today. Really well made — I wasn't expecting the fit to be so precise!  [​IMG] 
    Sadly it covers up the new code tattoo.

8. canali
    http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/

they've got some nice cases....wonder if the ak70/mojo case would fit my ipod touch/mojo?....
    they have dap pouches, and other good things too...hmmmmmmm.

i've sent off an email to them...will share once i receive a reply.

9. willowbrook
    I also have experience with HE-560 and mojo and H10 with full single&dual Burson V5 opamps. I don't know if you already have mojo, but If you can stretch that $200 for Gustard H10 w/ V5 singles op amps, I recommend it very much. Mojo as DAC and H10 with V5 singles match the HE-560 perfectly.

10. rkt31
    mojo drives my beyerdynamic dt880 600ohm very easily. I barely need to go beyond light blue color of mojo volume balls.

11. musickid
    apologies first of all if this has been covered before. i'm thinking of pairing a mojo with an oppo pm1. the pm's are planar so would the mojo drive them to high volume levels with plenty of dynamics and no strain? where does such a small unit get the power to drive dt880 600ohm so well. i actually have these cans. its difficult for me to audition the mojo with oppos. last things ill be using it with my imac and i am used to long listening sessions. will the mojo really give me 8-10 hours at loud levels on a single charge. this is the deal maker or breaker for me and if battery runs out can i just plug it in and continue. does anyone here use usb decrappifying stuff like intonas or ifi stuff to clean the pc usb signal or is this not needed with the mojo. i read it has its own jitter removal algorithms etc. i know theres lots of requests here but any short replies would help immensely. im very keen to go for the combo early new year as i tried the pm1 for comfort and SQ and it rocked. that was with an Oppo ha1 amp but i figure i can close performance with the mojo. 

12. x RELIC x Contributor

The PM-1 is very easy to drive and the Mojo will do fine with them. Also, I used to own the Oppo HA-1 and I find the Mojo is superior in terms of musicality, timbre, timing, and transparency, at least for me. The Oppo HA-1 has more power than the Mojo with it's balanced outputs, but that's all I found to be better from the HA-1, and you'll very rarely need 4W of power for headphones, especially not necessary for the PM-1.

13. betula

I would expect Mojo to drive PM1 with ease. Battery lasts rather 8.5 hrs than 10, but you can charge and listen at the same time, or just use Mojo as desktop DAC, plugged in 24/7 (according to Chord it has no negative effect on battery due to special design). Mojo has extremely low jitter by default, but adding a Jitterbug won't hurt.

14. x RELIC x Contributor

Sigh, here we go again..... Just to be clear the Jitterbug doesn't correct Mojo's jitter according to Rob. It does help with RF noise if you are using a noisy source. Rob's DACs are pretty much immune to jitter and have a much more sophisticated jitter handling than other devices.

15. musickid
    MANY THANKS,

Can anyone identify a similar priced mains powered dac/amp that would power the pm1 equally as well. im drawn to the mojo from what ive read about its excellent dac. ive always used mains powered amps/dacs till now a earmaxpro tube amp/yulong u100. ive never charged anything apart from my phone,laptop etc not hifi stuff. do you all enter a cycle of daily charging with mojo and i know the battery life is approx 8 hours but is that on high volume i like to listen at louder levels. its very reassuring to know i can charge and listen if need be so is it common people use the mojo as a desktop machine only.