Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 18, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #26,011 of 42,759
Interesting :)

Now i have hd800. It is heaven for acoustic. Thinking of letting go mt th600 which is really superb except the highs. I have heard th900, my housemate just bought it and it is kinda too bright for me, the treble.

Maybe i need to add a ward and smooth sounding headphone to replace my th600 but also has a punchy bass or i will miss something in my inventory. Does NH has a lot of bass? Been wondering to get LCD 2.2 and will actually keep HD800 and LCD2.2 if lcd can satisfy me.

LCD 2.2 was my other candidate before I bought the Nighthawk, but I never had a chance to try them. Some folks however in NH thread prefer NH to LCD 2.2, but you probably can find examples for the opposite in LCD 2.2 thread.
The best would be if you could try them before purchasing, although you need to spend a few days exclusively with NH to be able to fully appreciate what these headphones are capable of. (Natural, organic, life-like presentation.) LCDs are also quite heavy, while NH is one of the most comfortable headphone ever made.
In my case wallet made the decision, as the cheapest available LCD2s were around £600-700, while I luckily found a mint condition Hawks with only 20hrs in them for £290. My two best purchases ever are Mojo and the Nighthawk.
I do not miss anything from NH's bass, even with EDM. Being semi-open it has more authority in the bass department than open headphones, but less slam than the Fostex series. For my preference they are absolutely perfect. Great pairing with Mojo. Mojo's clarity helps darker headphones, and both NH and Mojo provide a very life-like and smooth sound, which the most obvious to hear is with vocals.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #26,014 of 42,759
You can do it with parametric EQ in UAPP. Q factor control slider is on the bottom right.

Would you help me operate it? It really is complicated if you don't know what your doing... I'm afraid to lower general quality... I just want more slam.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #26,016 of 42,759
Previous poster already told you what to do. Just make sure you attenuate 2dB globally before gaining the freq 2dB with the EQ. That's the only other thing you need to know.

Sorry Grumpy but I think he was talking about this type of slam?
blink.gif

I reminisce about my younger days when I did a wheelie on my new moped - I luckily averted embarrassment with my new girlfriend. 
wink_face.gif

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #26,018 of 42,759

Rig for tonight. ... Mojo + custom USB cable (one direction) + custom earbud + onkyo DP- X1 = soul night...
which earbud is that ? please care to share ..

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #26,020 of 42,759
Nov 18, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #26,022 of 42,759
On subject of earbuds mine (Akg/Sennheiser etc) especially Atomic Floyd sound very nice with Mojo. Great clarity and warmth with a more open sound than the average in ear

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #26,023 of 42,759
Interesting :)

Now i have hd800. It is heaven for acoustic. Thinking of letting go mt th600 which is really superb except the highs. I have heard th900, my housemate just bought it and it is kinda too bright for me, the treble.

Maybe i need to add a ward and smooth sounding headphone to replace my th600 but also has a punchy bass or i will miss something in my inventory. Does NH has a lot of bass? Been wondering to get LCD 2.2 and will actually keep HD800 and LCD2.2 if lcd can satisfy me.

I would recommend you try the nighthawk. Amazon has it on sale for $348. Totally worth it and sounded good out of the box. The bass is a bit punchier then the HD 800 from my memory but doesn't quite reach planar levels (at least my not fully broken in unit).

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #26,024 of 42,759
The Nighthawk is £500 or $617 around 77% more expensive in the UK. Not quite so tempting

Another fact I wish our cousins wouldn't keep rubning in:joy:

Maybe with The Donald and a strengthened 'special relationship' the exchange rate might improve a little in our favour?!??

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #26,025 of 42,759

Interesting
smily_headphones1.gif

I would recommend you try the nighthawk. Amazon has it on sale for $348. Totally worth it and sounded good out of the box. The bass is a bit punchier then the HD 800 from my memory but doesn't quite reach planar levels (at least my not fully broken in unit).

I be honest. I am surprised so many recommend the Nighthawk, since it reviews not so well on What Hi-Fi. http://www.whathifi.com/audioquest/nighthawk/review

WHF give it three stars, most other only four stars. I wouldn't touch those headphones with money.

Hi-Fi Choice aren't over enamoured. http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/audioquest-nighthawk-headphones/?page=3

I am stuck for choice as to what full size headphones I would buy if I was in the market. Nothing jumps out at me. I think if I were pushed I would maybe get Grado PS1000 (not e version).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back