Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 27, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #2,581 of 42,758

Reporting on the battery life, after pretty much second full charge in off position, disappointingly i got not more than 3 hours before the red started blinking..not happy
frown.gif

if I could suggest letting it charge for a full 10hrs this might improve things, my understanding of new batteries is that sometimes they have to bed-in (not an excuse)... my ZX2 was a bit temperamental when I first got it battery wise, took 4-5 full charges before it got going properly... not saying it will help but worth a try, please let me know the outcome.

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #2,582 of 42,758

Thats what im about to find out, dont think I've charged it properly yet.my zx100 goes quite fast via the Sony dugital out cable into mojo,gets me thru 7-10 albums in hr ot just flac.
do you get out the quoted 10 hours or so on mojo?

Reporting on the battery life, after pretty much second full charge in off position, disappointingly i got not more than 3 hours before the red started blinking..not happy
frown.gif

What's wrong with those Sony music players? When connected to DACs they always seem to have the worse battery life.
Such a shame as I really like the form factor of ZX100. I wish Lotoo Paw can be connected to Mojo :frowning2:

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #2,586 of 42,758
I'm onto this now, things will be sorted man-flu or not (I'm hoping not to die before I get a solution)... :beerchug:  

If you feel you are slipping away, just relive that last few minutes of Hammers holding on Saturday. Soon re-sussitate you :).
Seriously, get well soon mate.

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #2,590 of 42,758
Oct 27, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #2,591 of 42,758
i am getting confused, sorry guys.. i am talking about Mojo's life, i am getting about 3 hours, will charge it all night again, but if it goes red soon, will contact Chord to get a replacement.
Zx100 is fine, great dap

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #2,592 of 42,758
Even though I'm hugely sceptical of hi-res, seeing that I had some space left on the internal memory of the AK120, just spent £51 on HD Tracks :D

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #2,593 of 42,758
i am getting confused, sorry guys.. i am talking about Mojo's life, i am getting about 3 hours, will charge it all night again, but if it goes red soon, will contact Chord to get a replacement.
Zx100 is fine, great dap

When charging do you get a solid white light or does it blink every 5 seconds or so? Need to make sure you use a powerful enough charger. Cheers

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #2,595 of 42,758
  Once you have safely procured your second hand AK100, and perhaps a second one as backup (!), can you share with us, ignoring cost considerations, the relative merits of AK100 vs AK120 for pairing with the Mojo? And whether it matters if it's the Mk1 or Mk2 versions of those two? (Not the II models). Thanks

The MKII AK100 only fixed the headphone output impedance. It wont affect the optical output. I would have loved to have found an original, non-MKII version for even cheaper.

How do I connect this thing to my Fiio X3ii and X5?

Using a coaxial cable, 3.5mm to 3.5mm

Here's another one: http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-mini-coax-digital-cable-hifiman-player.html You can order it from them to suit any coax-output DAP/Mojo combination. The X5II I have here has a weird pinout for coax output, for example, as the output is shared with the headphones. Other DAPs that have a dedicated coax output just use a regular 2-connector 3.5mm plug.

sorry probably i missed these topics but the thread moves so fast....

i have some questions

1. For connection to mac, what is the best connection method? 

USB or optical. There shouldn't be anything in it unless you're playing high-res files and your mac doesn't support 192k out from optical.

Is anybody using this plugged into their laptop? Anybody having heat issues?

It gets significantly warm (think pocket hand-warmer level) but nothing that concerned me.

Anyone know how to reset the mojo,  the volume led is discoloured and playing very low volume. 

The volume has two stages. To allow for sensitive IEMs, when it gets to the lowest level (both LEDs the same colour) the "+" button LED will stay at brown, and the "-" button LED will go through all the colours again for the extra low volume levels. Just hold down the "+" button for a while until you get to the point both LEDs are red.

I have had many orders like Toxic Cables and Cavalli Audio. They have informed IF there are further delays and emailed that time frame I would expect the shipping information. Hope not my only deal with Moon Audio?!

They are likely overwhelmed. They run out of a small place and deal with a crap-load of orders. I really doubt that they could inform what is likely hundreds of people about delays without causing further delays in shipping. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back