Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 11, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #25,576 of 42,759
This infamous quote should clear things up nicely - once and for all - regarding break in, burn in, etc. etc.........................................................   ............         ....................... . ......... 

[COLOR=333333]"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR]

Wow. Donald Rumsfeld quoted in reference to burning in audio gear?

Donald-Rumsfeld.jpg

Got the Mojo yesterday. Connected to the S7E and SE846, it sounds superb, streaming Tidal via the Tidal app or UAPP.
In order to add bass punch, I did connect the Mojo audio out to my Arrow 5Tx amp. The audio resolution is not harmed and now I have it with very good bass.
I did try to set the Mojo to Line-Out, but the volune strength via the 5Tx is unbearable. I use the Mojo volume with the 5Tx.

The only issue with the Mojo is it lighted buttons which at night in a dark room emit noticable light even when set to low.

Thanks this forum for the detailed information.

I didn't see the bolded part at first and was going to suggest setting the lights on low, then I noticed you've already done that. And upon further reflection, I do think it would be nice to have a truly low led setting, giving us low, medium, and high options. Perhaps in the next iteration...

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #25,577 of 42,759
Wow. Donald Rumsfeld quoted in reference to burning in audio gear?

I didn't see the bolded part at first and was going to suggest setting the lights on low, then I noticed you've already done that. And upon further reflection, I do think it would be nice to have a truly low led setting, giving us low, medium, and high options. Perhaps in the next iteration...

Nik, your guess is as good as anyone's regarding what he was taking about - it seems that he did not know what he was talking about so he would likely fit in well here.
biggrin.gif

Yes agreed, those led spheres could be dimmer - maybe they can do something about that in the next production batch but I would not hold my breath - perhaps it is best to wear sun glasses in bed just in case we get arc-eye.
wink_face.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #25,579 of 42,759
No intention to derail this thread at all, I just know alot of knowledgeable people follow and are active in this thread.

If any of you know how to EQ so that vocals are brought more forward please pm me.

I use UAPP and want to increase my vocal presence slightly through my vibro labs Aria using UAPP and mojo.

Thanks

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #25,580 of 42,759
No intention to derail this thread at all, I just know alot of knowledgeable people follow and are active in this thread.

If any of you know how to EQ so that vocals are brought more forward please pm me.

I use UAPP and want to increase my vocal presence slightly through my vibro labs Aria using UAPP and mojo.

Thanks

http://www.behindthemixer.com/how-eq-speech-maximum-intelligibility/

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #25,585 of 42,759
You might not believed it (fwiw me too
blink.gif
) but no need to be too grumpy about others opinion, or do you believe no one should post their opinion or impression on things, unless it agrees with your own personal view point? 

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #25,586 of 42,759

Thanks

You might want to try adding slight peaks in the mid bass and upper mids. The lower and higher extremes and middle should be untouched. Just a little bump up 1/3 and 2/3 of the way thru. Try that see if you like it, and move the points up or down on the frequency range to suit your tastes. That is a pretty simple EQ trick to emphasize the mids without actually boosting them.

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #25,587 of 42,759
  You might not believed it (fwiw me too
blink.gif
) but no need to be too grumpy about others opinion, or do you believe no one should post their opinion or impression on things, unless it agrees with your own personal view point? 

Who's being grumpy? I made an early new year's resolution... I'm all aboard the hype train. 

I even got a harry potter wand from disney world so I can start experimenting with different audio spells. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #25,588 of 42,759
You might want to try adding slight peaks in the mid bass and upper mids. The lower and higher extremes and middle should be untouched. Just a little bump up 1/3 and 2/3 of the way thru. Try that see if you like it, and move the points up or down on the frequency range to suit your tastes. That is a pretty simple EQ trick to emphasize the mids without actually boosting them.

I'm using JRiver (Media Centre 22)...anyone know how I can set my EQ?

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #25,589 of 42,759
  Just got my Audioquest Cinnamon Micro USB Cable.  Hoo yeah!   Big improvement.  Amazing sound.
biggrin.gif

Sorry I should have added "to my ears'. I realize cables are controversial.  I assume a few people on this thread are interested and to those few I recommend the Audioquest Cinnamon Micro USB.  I can hear the difference.  But perhaps that's just because I have more audio discernment.  YMMV

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #25,590 of 42,759
My £6 Lindy USB cable is sounding great after a months intense burn in. Might actually start using it in anger soon:grinning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back