Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #24,676 of 42,765
mojo with new extender kit....just add the cck cable and bob's your uncle (this is my ipod touch 6 on top)

still trying to find a nice portable bag to carry it around in...handle and shoulder strap

going to be approaching a local seamstress who might make me some custom bag made of neoprene.

Would neoprene be breathable? Eastpak do some nice bags.
http://mobile.eastpak.com/uk-en/shoulderbags/shop-by/satchels-c303.html

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #24,677 of 42,765
Would neoprene be breathable? Eastpak do some nice bags.

better pic with cck

....if there are holes in the neoprene, then why 
not...like this design

now imagine these with both a carrying handle/shoulder strap option.
maybe even a open mesh design on both sides ...or with an open design or has a flap you an open/close
so you can change your music selection or adjust the volume without having to remove the items

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #24,678 of 42,765

Mojo looking good with his stablemates.

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #24,679 of 42,765
better pic with cck

....if there are holes in the neoprene, then why 
not...like this design

now imagine these with both a carrying handle/shoulder strap option.
maybe even a open mesh design on both sides ...or with an open design or has a flap you an open/close
so you can change your music selection or adjust the volume without having to remove the items

Thanks for the pic. I guess that's exactly what the extender is for! A shame the CCK still isn't very neat. A right angled lighting plug would be good.
Also a pity the extender can't be used with the Mojo case.
Regarding the bag. The little pouch looks very neat. From experience, small shoulder bags are a PITA. There isn't enough weight to hold them on your shoulder. Maybe a belt clip would be better.

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #24,680 of 42,765
Thanks for the pic. I guess that's exactly what the extender is for! A shame the CCK still isn't very neat. A right angled lighting plug would be good.
Also a pity the extender can't be used with the Mojo case.
Regarding the bag. The little pouch looks very neat. From experience, small shoulder bags are a PITA. There isn't enough weight to hold them on your shoulder. Maybe a belt clip would be better.

if i'm correct, a right angled cck is a custom cable from apple that would mean chord having to give up their designs to apple.

so this is why we have to use existing tech as is...for now...they are said  to be working on a carrying case for the future to fit with the extender
(most likely it'll also arrive in and around when the advanced kit comes out sometime in the new yr...who knows when that is....so don't ask, lol)

this said there is penon audio who does a custom cck cable without the need for the extender ,at a cost of us100 or more

i also like a strap as an accessory...this brick is not light...weighs 365g....also if i'm walking about and then go into a store i can
keep the brick with me by attaching the shoulder strap...i have a terrible track record of entering a store with, say, a water bottle
or coffee or whatever, browsing an item, and setting whatever is in my hand down and getting distracted, forgetting about it.
a shoulder strap ensure i won't be 'losing a $1000 combo any time soon.
...plus many of us dont' always wear belts, as per the clip..again, the weight / 365g would make it awkward on one's waist imo

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #24,681 of 42,765
if i'm correct, a right angled cck is a custom cable from apple that would mean chord having to give up their designs to apple.

so this is why we have to use existing tech as is...for now...they are said  to be working on a carrying case for the future to fit with the extender
(most likely it'll also arrive in and around when the advanced kit comes out sometime in the new yr...who knows when that is....so don't ask, lol)

this said there is penon audio who does a custom cck cable without the need for the extender ,at a cost of us100 or more
You don't happen to know if the L19 cable works? Much cheaper and right angled plugs.

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #24,684 of 42,765
Although I have one and love it, I cannot see me ever being bothered to use the Mojo as a portable carry. I'm gonna continue to use my ZX2 for that. :wink:
The Mojo sits nicely next to me on the settee whilst I use Qobuz to stream on my iPhone 6S+ and for that, that combo is killer, truly superb sounds.
On the move, ZX2 and TRRS are the way to go.

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #24,686 of 42,765
You need a control group to draw conclusions from this test. Would capacity be significantly different if you left the device on the charger for extended periods of time? Then we could make an informed determination.

This may help answer your question:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

"Once the charge is terminated, the battery voltage begins to drop. This eases the voltage stress. Over time, the open circuit voltage will settle to between 3.70V and 3.90V/cell. Note that a Li-ion battery that has received a fully saturated charge will keep the voltage elevated for a longer than one that has not received a saturation charge.

When lithium-ion batteries must be left in the charger for operational readiness, some chargers apply a brief topping charge to compensate for the small self-discharge the battery and its protective circuit consume. The charger may kick in when the open circuit voltage drops to 4.05V/cell and turn off again at 4.20V/cell. Chargers made for operational readiness, or standby mode, often let the battery voltage drop to 4.00V/cell and recharge to only 4.05V/cell instead of the full 4.20V/cell. This reduces voltage-related stress and prolongs battery life.

Some portable devices sit in a charge cradle in the ON position. The current drawn through the device is called the parasitic load and can distort the charge cycle. Battery manufacturers advise against parasitic loads while charging because they induce mini-cycles. This cannot always be avoided and a laptop connected to the AC main is such a case. The battery might be charged to 4.20V/cell and then discharged by the device. The stress level on the battery is high because the cycles occur at the high-voltage threshold, often also at elevated temperature.

A portable device should be turned off during charge. This allows the battery to reach the set voltage threshold and current saturation point unhindered. A parasitic load confuses the charger by depressing the battery voltage and preventing the current in the saturation stage to drop low enough by drawing a leakage current. A battery may be fully charged, but the prevailing conditions will prompt a continued charge, causing stress."

I know, I know... :deadhorse:

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #24,689 of 42,765
I just want to know what I can do about RF (even when my phone is in airplane mode with WiFi on for streaming Tidal... I hear from time to time noise... And I need them stacked... Damn

Are you 100% sure that you are hearing RF?

Another big cause of noise and clicks, is delays to the data flow, which require the app (whether Tidal, UAPP, Foobar etc) to have to pause the data stream to the Mojo. Mojo then is effectively trying to convert an empty data packet, and this can sound like white noise, until the data flow is resumed.
These delays to the data flow can be caused by the system priorities for the phone, or laptop etc (so you can adjust them if you know what to look for, but it can involve some trial and error), or possibly by dropouts in your wifi signal.

The topic has been raised/discussed several times in this thread, but the potential solutions may be scattered around a bit. 

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #24,690 of 42,765
Are you 100% sure that you are hearing RF?

Another big cause of noise and clicks, is delays to the data flow, which require the app (whether Tidal, UAPP, Foobar etc) to have to pause the data stream to the Mojo. Mojo then is effectively trying to convert an empty data packet, and this can sound like white noise, until the data flow is resumed.
These delays to the data flow can be caused by the system priorities for the phone, or laptop etc (so you can adjust them if you know what to look for, but it can involve some trial and error), or possibly by dropouts in your wifi signal.

The topic has been raised/discussed several times in this thread, but the potential solutions may be scattered around a bit. 

I think it's RF because when I pull the phone away from mojo even just 1 foot the noise is gone. So my guess is rf.... But I just use WiFi... I don't understand why rf, no normal phone radio is on in airplane mode... This is a big deal for me as I need to stack my setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back