Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 14, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #24,046 of 42,765
George, it works, I've tested the Mojo using the supplied TRRS to RCA coaxial adaptor to RCA to another TS adaptor to the Mojo. The Mojo end is a standard mono TS jack where the X5ii has the lineout shared with coaxial. Make absolutely sure you are using the supplied TRRS adaptor that came with the X5ii as the coaxial signal is on the Sleeve and the ground is on Ring 2.

Yes, it works

Or you can use a cable like this one from Dyson Audio.

Relic, that is a nice short cable that you have got there, I could rewire my entire house with the excess cable - if only I was not such a danger to myself. 
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #24,047 of 42,765
  It can be customised/eq with knowles dampers and the synergy is good with mojo although i wouldn't go past green and probably stick with brown,elevated bass from stock withour losing clarity,go to se535 mod thread.Generally mojo is so laid back and smooth in treble region that pairs better with trebly/sparkly iems that's why i prefer ie800 with mojo rather than se846.

Jeez, I generally won't go past red with the SE535, with a decent pair of tips. That sounds like it's around 80dB(A) or so (roughly) for me, and that's the upper limits of what I'd consider safe for my ears. No point having all that fancy audio gear if you deafen yourself.

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #24,049 of 42,765

Jeez, I generally won't go past red with the SE535, with a decent pair of tips. That sounds like it's around 80dB(A) or so (roughly) for me, and that's the upper limits of what I'd consider safe for my ears. No point having all that fancy audio gear if you deafen yourself.

I'm talking about the knowles dampers here and the different colours (white,brown,green,it's like eqing your 535 only better,try it)not the mojo balls :)

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #24,051 of 42,765
Is the mojo significantly better than the ak240?

Well its a fifth of the price so it really shouldn't be but....

....sorry no idea

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #24,052 of 42,765
Well its a fifth of the price so it really shouldn't be but....

....sorry no idea
I had the 240 and (imo) the Mojo soundwise is a lot better.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #24,053 of 42,765
Is the mojo significantly better than the ak240?

If you believe the people in this thread, it depends on the cabling, the storage device for the audio files, and possibly your astrological sign.

If you believe actual measurements, then yes... Mojo might be a little better than AK240. Larger harmonics in the Mojo than the AK240 would be the ones negative for Mojo. Lower noise floor, and better noise floor distribution in the Mojo than AK240. For USB input, AK240 definitely has better spurious performance, but for optical they are comparable but this isn't really an apples-to-apples test. Mojo has much better rejection of intermod products. Both are completely flat 20Hz-20KHz

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #24,054 of 42,765
I had the 240 and (imo) the Mojo soundwise is a lot better.

Think I'll stick with the Mojo then as I haven't the odd couple of grand to spare !

Surely it makes a mockery of the 'high end' DAP market other than the convenience of the one box less hassle solution. When or if the SD card module arrives even that advantage will be in the Mojo's favour.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #24,055 of 42,765

If you believe the people in this thread, it depends on the cabling, the storage device for the audio files, and possibly your astrological sign.

If you believe actual measurements, then yes... Mojo might be a little better than AK240. Larger harmonics in the Mojo than the AK240 would be the ones negative for Mojo. Lower noise floor, and better noise floor distribution in the Mojo than AK240. For USB input, AK240 definitely has better spurious performance, but for optical they are comparable but this isn't really an apples-to-apples test. Mojo has much better rejection of intermod products. Both are completely flat 20Hz-20KHz

Not to start **** but you can't compare 2 products by just measurements... Measurements only mean so much. One product might measure horribly yet still sound better due to preference or whatever reason that can't be measured.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #24,056 of 42,765
Not to start **** but you can't compare 2 products by just measurements... Measurements only mean so much. One product might measure horribly yet still sound better due to preference or whatever reason that can't be measured.

He didn't ask which sounds better he asked which is better. That's a question about performance. Performance is measured with, well, measurements.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #24,057 of 42,765
Think I'll stick with the Mojo then as I haven't the odd couple of grand to spare !

Surely it makes a mockery of the 'high end' DAP market other than the convenience of the one box less hassle solution. When or if the SD card module arrives even that advantage will be in the Mojo's favour.

A DAP is more than a DAC. A lot more. The DAC is just one component.

Are DAPs overpriced? Some are, absolutely. Should they cost more than an equivalent performing DAC? Absolutely.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #24,058 of 42,765

If we rated a products sound quality solely on measurements, a Modi 2 would sound better than a Modi multibit :joy:

But measurements are still very important nonetheless.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #24,059 of 42,765

Are DAPs overpriced? Some are, absolutely. Should they cost more than an equivalent performing DAC? Absolutely.

Maybe but 2, 3 or 5 times the price?!?

I'd argue the Mojo is the more versatile device. Can be paired with lots of humble devices, in my case. CD or Dvd player an old ipod (via dock), TV and phone and give first class sound quality for headphones or even as part of a Hifi system?

When the module is available the Mojo should be able to perform the mobile duties of the High End Players I would have thought

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #24,060 of 42,765

Also the Mojo is a DAC/Amp so is 2/3 of the system just add sauce source!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back