1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. x RELIC x Contributor
    I want to let everyone know that although the MoJo is brilliant with IEMs.......

IMG_3200.jpg

....... It easily handles full size planar headphones as well. Here driving the LCD-2.2 (pre-fazor).

IMG_3202.jpg

There is ample control and the MoJo's laser focused timing is a clear advantage over other DACs I've heard/owned. I'd put the sound at slightly warm in a very tasteful way. Nothing bloated or bleeding in to the mids. The power from this solid DAC/amp is pretty amazing considering its size.

Very well done Rob Watts and Chord gang!!

2. beemarman

Not really as I still think Hugo is a better device for many reason. I wouldn't buy a new one now if I had tried the mojo first. For home DAC the Hugo still wins. The used value for the Hugo is going to take a tumble though. :mad:

3. NZtechfreak

Unfortunately I've not owned any of those, so not familiar with them, however probably not vital since the variable of interest is the dac/amp. Whichever is the least sensitive would probably be the most informative for me.

4. sp3llv3xit

If you're familiar with the Hugo sound, this is going to be a short and sweet reply.

It shares the same presentation style with the Hugo with a slightly reduced soundstage.  Mid-bass to midrange is where the drama happens.  It has more body than the Hugo.  Sub-bass sounds a little softer than the Hugo's though.  Treble is friendlier and more conducive to longer listening.

As to those pairings, I can only report what I have heard out of my AK100 (first gen), DX50 and AK240SS.

Of the three, the biggest improvement it brought to the dap is with the AK100.  The best synergy however, is with the AK240SS -- because I like the brighter sound of the SS.

5. Duncan Moderator
    Okay, SRH1840 that'll be then haha!

Crazy at work at the mo, drop me a PM over the weekend to remind me if you see no update from me

6. Uncle E1
    launched in Hong Kong ...

12079170_1063554837010683_6501325695280226463_n.jpg

7. musicday
    What Rob has achieved with the Mojo is incredible. To pack so much power,and so many features into such a small device is incredible.Can even drive headphones such as HE1000 with authority.
    Another successful product from Chord Made in England.
    Worth every penny.

audionewbi likes this.
  8. PhilW

I do yeah....note 4 currently. Seemed really bad when running EDGE. Dissipated when jumped on 3/4g

9. Raika
          These Questions for mr : Rob Watts :
    1-what about Dave will you update the same new chip from Xilinx Artix-7 chips or you will use the old model Spartan 6 ?

2-How many taps you put inside MoJo ?

3- Any plan to release a Dap ?

10. audionewbi
    Seen Ak100 make me wish I still had mine.

11. NZtechfreak
    What's the sensitivity of the LCD2.2c pictured above? Used to own them, but can't recall off the top of my head and Google didn't readily return the answer (on mobile, so less convenient to search).

12. maxedfx
    Anybody tried the HD 800 with the mojo???

13. JohnStamin
    Sony ZX1  ZX2  ZX100 it's Support Chord Mojo With FiiO L5 [ Dock To Mini Cable ] ?

14. x RELIC x Contributor

They are 60 Ohm and 93db efficiency. Not very efficient but the MoJo powers them with great authority.

15. NZtechfreak

Thank you, good to know. Ether C at 96 should be absolutely fine then.

(even if I wish one of the contenders would easily knock itself from contention by not being up to driving full-sized cans!)

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last