1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. jmills8
    Velcro it to a desk.

2. jmills8
    20160927_123725.jpg

20160927_123710.jpg

3. x RELIC x Contributor

You seem interested in the tech in the Mojo yet also seem reluctant to read the ocean of information posted in these forums by its designer, Rob Watts. I suggest you start with the third post of this thread, and then move over to the 'All Posts' by Rob Watts. He has generously shared a mountain of information on his DACs.

4. Jazic
    Mine fits nicely on top of my Lyr 2 stack. Not ideal but it works. 

IMG_20160927_004347.jpg

5. JWahl

It's the Artix 7.  The Kintex is the next step up I believe.  Both are in the 7 series based on the 28nm process.  The Spartan 6 is on a 45nm process.  Interestingly, the smaller Artix 7 15T chip that's in the Mojo has double the logic cells of the Spartan 6 LX9 in the Hugo (16,640 vs 9152) and 45 DSP slices vs. 16.  Gotta love Moore's law.  I'm guessing there is still plenty of room left over in that FPGA.

6. hung031086
    My mojo will come tomorrow. Should i charge first before using it ?

7. jmills8
    yaaaa.

8. music4mhell
    BIG yES!!

9. hung031086
    Ok thanks :D

10. shootthemoon18

11. shootthemoon18

How's the detail levels and transparency of the HO of Lyr2 as compared with Mojo? Would you say Lyr2 has a higher transparency amp?

12. x RELIC x Contributor

Adding components to the audio chain will only reduce transparency. Strictly speaking, with regard to transparency, you simply can not add a component with its own distortions and increase transparency, it can only reduce transparency to the source. If you were to ask if the tonality gets brighter, thus giving the perception of more detail, then that would be a more accurate question to ask. Any device, not just the Mojo, will have the same thing happen when adding components in the chain. The nice thing with the Mojo is you typically don't need to, and certainly not for transparency sake. Of course I am not talking about tonal preference here, just transparency in the technical sense.

Edit: It's precisely this reason that the Mojo forgoes a separate internal amp and drives headphones directly from it's uniquely implemented 'line-out' stage. Much simpler design, much more transparent.

13. Forty6

Cheap 10usd apiece like these @ Alibaba should do the job well .

Auto-Magnet-Universal-Mobile-Phone-Car-Suction-Cup-Mount-Holder-for-Iphone-5s-4s-Smartphone-Desk.jpg_640x640.jpg

Auto-Magnet-Universal-Mobile-Phone-Car-Suction-Cup-Mount-Holder-for-Iphone-5s-4s-Smartphone-Desk.jpg_640x6401.jpg

Screenshot_2016-09-27-15-51-10.png

14. jmills8
    Yours is a lot better and smarter. Ha, the velcro I can push it hard and it stays in place.

15. Delayeed