1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. twiceboss
    Thank YOU! 

just read somewhere is not gonna be a big difference but yeah, at least I try to have a new experience :)

2. spook76
    You are right it is not a night and day difference, the master is far more important. A tip to listen to on high resolution files is both the transients and the decay of the notes which to my "lead ears" sound more natural on 96/24 than redbook 16/44.1.

You might find this article interesting from Steven Wilson one of my favorite current musician/recording engineers: https://www.google.com/amp/www.digitaltrends.com/features/interview-steven-wilson-on-high-res-hand-cannot-erase/amp/?client=safari

3. jmills8
    Mojo + Dap for transport is not a great idea. 1. Its a thick stack to carry around and 2. Soundwise is not as good compared to Mojo + Phone which 1. This stack is much thinner, 2.sounds better. Another option would be Mojo + Android Dap but wont be as thin as Mojo + phone.

4. x RELIC x Contributor

X5ii+Mojo sounds just as good as the AK240+Mojo which sounds as good as the iPhone 5S+Mojo to my ears. Personally I absolutely can't stand using my phone with the Mojo. My phone is my phone. My music players are my music players. The two will never do double duty for me.

All personal preference. There is no wrong or right.

5. jmills8
    Agreed, in my case I walk with two phones and Mojo instead of one phone, one dap, mojo.

6. twiceboss
    Agree, i just solved the poblem. 
    The setting of sample rate needs to be set in the properties of sound in windows. I set to 96KHz, there's slight difference. More pronounce which more refine. But not a day and night difference!

Still a good experience :) listened to MJ 96KHz such pleasant !

7. GRUMPYOLDGUY

How can anything + Mojo sound any different than anything else + Mojo? Mojo is the source in this chain, the other device is simply a digital transport.........

Sent from my E5803 using a highly trained, special forces carrier pigeon

8. jmills8
    Try it and let me know what you experienced.

9. GRUMPYOLDGUY

I will tomorrow for the sake of argument...

But you will need to explain your reasoning to me. Unless I apply some EQ on one device not present on the other, then the sound is literally identical. The digital data is the digital data. Period.

10. jmills8
    I am not argueing, I am just stating my experience.

11. GRUMPYOLDGUY

I'm not arguing either. I'm stating the fact behind my reasoning and looking for an explanation. Things don't magically happen, there is always a rational explanation. I'm trying to figure out one for why two digital transports would sound different playing through the exact same DAC. Since you have experienced it, I figured you'd have one.

12. jmills8
    20160708_121737.jpg

20160923_095538.jpg

20160908_110103.jpg

edited_20160330_123001.jpg

13. EagleWings

I was under the same impression. I had heard reports that, Soundaware M1 Pro had a very clean digital out. I had a chance to review the M1 Pro and I put it to test. M1 Pro -> Mojo vs Fiio X3ii -> Mojo. M1 Pro doesn't have an EQ and I turned the EQ Off on the Fiio. Here's what I wrote a few days back about the comparison after direct A/Bing:

jmills8 likes this.
  14. EagleWings

As to your question on "why there is difference?", there could be whole number of reasons that I am not technically sound to answer. But if I have to guess, it could be the material quality in the chain right from the SD Card pins in the device, to the materials on the PCB, to the digital out socket.. I wish I had a definite answer..

15. maxh22
    NO! Please do not upsample to 96khz through windows. It has been discussed multiple times on this thread, refer to post #3. 

Feeding Mojo an upsampled signal will mess with Mojo's excellent timing capabilities.