Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Sep 21, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #22,996 of 42,765

I go TOSlink from my computer to the Mimby (or occasionally Mojo), so I don't need additional drivers. If you want to use a Bimby, Mimby or indeed Mojo with Windows over USB, you should install the drivers, yes.

Thank you.

When you say, "If you want to use a Bimby, Mimby or indeed Mojo with Windows over USB, you should install the drivers, yes".  I'm new to this so my queries and responses must be tiresome but I'm not getting it.  I want to play my already ripped audio files that are already on my laptop through a USB cable into Bimby or Mojo into integrated and out passives and for this you say I need drivers. 

For my aforementioned described purpose, will I need the Windows driver download or the USB driver download? If indeed these are separate drivers. 

I know answering a newbie is like eating dirt but I just want to get a handle on this so I know what I'm up against.  Some have had issues with the downloads.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #22,997 of 42,765

Thank you.

When you say, "If you want to use a Bimby, Mimby or indeed Mojo with Windows over USB, you should install the drivers, yes".  I'm new to this so my queries and responses must be tiresome but I'm not getting it.  I want to play my already ripped audio files that are already on my laptop through a USB cable into Bimby or Mojo into integrated and out passives and for this you say I need drivers. 

For my aforementioned described purpose, will I need the Windows driver download or the USB driver download? If indeed these are separate drivers. 

I know answering a newbie is like eating dirt but I just want to get a handle on this so I know what I'm up against.  Some have had issues with the downloads.

It's fine, don't worry, I'm sure you're a nerd of something I don't understand yet, too 
cool.gif

OK, in order to use a USB DAC like those above as a sound card under Windows, you should install the Windows driver for that DAC on your computer. It's a driver for the specific DAC, not for USB in general. The DAC then appears as a named sound device in windows, just like your onboard sound. 

To find out how to do it for the Mojo, you could consult the manual:

http://chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo/manual/Mojo-User-Manual.pdf

Information for the Schiit DACs may be found at:

http://schiit.com/drivers

It is supposed to be really painless, though I can't rule out things going wrong- this is Windows we're talking about after all.

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #22,998 of 42,765

It's fine, don't worry, I'm sure you're a nerd of something I don't understand yet, too 
cool.gif

OK, in order to use a USB DAC like those above as a sound card under Windows, you should install the Windows driver for that DAC on your computer. It's a driver for the specific DAC, not for USB in general. The DAC then appears as a named sound device in windows, just like your onboard sound. 

To find out how to do it for the Mojo, you could consult the manual:

http://chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo/manual/Mojo-User-Manual.pdf

Information for the Schiit DACs may be found at:

http://schiit.com/drivers

It is supposed to be really painless, though I can't rule out things going wrong- this is Windows we're talking about after all.

Thanks Ancipital.  I don't believe I've reached the rank of nerd yet, but someday with a lot of sweat and hard work I might one day stand up proud and loud in the crowd and declare my elevation to nerd hood; until then the little school kids kick sand in my face, and run laughing.  But hey, life is good.

Thanks again.

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #22,999 of 42,765
Ok guys. I need to confess that I didn't try hard enuf yesterday. Actually there's no issue with the driver or whatsoever. I only found out today the cable is faulty. Now, with the new cable it is working fine.

c3b5eb3a8dbf2b537217c6ba9ebd5cbb.jpg

Thanks all for the inputs & helps. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #23,000 of 42,765
A note of caution for those considering a purchase from amazon.co.uk...be prepared to fork out some cash if you need to return for any reason.  Amazon reimburses up to ~8GBPs for shipping but it costs ~$48 via USPS w/tracking and over $100 via UPS to send back!  Found this out the hard way while processing a return for a Mojo ordered via amazon.co.uk.  The sound is sublime but haven't found a good solution to avoiding interference from my AT&T iPhone 5s (airplane mode is not an option).  
Makes a great desktop DAC but I already have a Centrace and will certainly consider parting with the Mojo if anyone's interested. 

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #23,001 of 42,765
Just arrived this morning. One very slight annoyance is that the module does not actually cover all of the iPhone CCK which I find strange, for the sake of only approx 0.4mm on the length of the module, the end of the CCK would be level with the end of the module. Anyway, with that said, it works, matches the Chord and adds hardly any weight at all. Well, it shouldn't do should it? lol. I wanted a picture of it attached to my phone, however the phone is the camera so that aint gonna work! 

Having it with the iPhone and using Chord's elastic bands, makes it better for the added length of the module, however items like this stacked together will never be a light or compact carry. Not sure if I will be taking this outside or not. I have the luxury of the ZX2 for travel.

Sep 22, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #23,002 of 42,765
So, i've been using Mojo with the stock cable and i was wondering what improvements could a cable upgrade give since i've heard performance improvements from cable before. So i just bought a Audioquest Forest usb cable and a Fiio L19 for portable use. I'll compare both of them and the stock cable once the cables and my brain have been fully "burn in". My first impression is that the bass seems tighter and treble is sweeter. I'll report back in two weeks.

I've an issue with charging Mojo. It seems that some power adapter does't charge Mojo sometimes. I've no issue with cheaper power adapters, however, my nexus and iphone chargers exhibit the same issue where charges some times and some times not. I've to unplug and replug the power cable to initiate charging again. Also it seems that they are charging at normal usb power (0.5A) because they take a long time to charge.

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #23,004 of 42,765
I've an issue with charging Mojo. It seems that some power adapter does't charge Mojo sometimes. I've no issue with cheaper power adapters, however, my nexus and iphone chargers exhibit the same issue where charges some times and some times not. I've to unplug and replug the power cable to initiate charging again. Also it seems that they are charging at normal usb power (0.5A) because they take a long time to charge.

Yep me and others here have the recharging issue as well. And yes, unless I unplug and replug I can't guarantee that the unit will charge when I switch it off. It's a minor thing but can be annoying non the less. I found that the charger I use makes no difference. I guess, since it's the only issue I have, it's better to have this one compared to the problems other users deal with hahaha.

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #23,005 of 42,765

Yep me and others here have the recharging issue as well. And yes, unless I unplug and replug I can't guarantee that the unit will charge when I switch it off. It's a minor thing but can be annoying non the less. I found that the charger I use makes no difference. I guess, since it's the only issue I have, it's better to have this one compared to the problems other users deal with hahaha.

Have you tried charging straight from the wall?

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #23,006 of 42,765

Have you tried a different charging cable?

Although it may sound strange, some USB cables have a level of resistance that can cause problems for high charging current.

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #23,007 of 42,765

Have you tried a different charging cable?

Although it may sound strange, some USB cables have a level of resistance that can cause problems for high charging current.

To be honest since I stopped using the mojo outside this has stopped being a problem. Now it's always connected to a plug so it doesn't matter anymore. It's just a damn shame that charging can be so charger/cable dependent. If I don't have the same problem with a n y other rechargeable appliance why should this little wonder suffer from it? If my phone was playing games like that it would have ended in a collision with a hard wall.. but with the mojo all is forgiven hehehe

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #23,008 of 42,765
  Just arrived this morning. One very slight annoyance is that the module does not actually cover all of the iPhone CCK which I find strange, for the sake of only approx 0.4mm on the length of the module, the end of the CCK would be level with the end of the module. Anyway, with that said, it works, matches the Chord and adds hardly any weight at all. Well, it shouldn't do should it? lol. I wanted a picture of it attached to my phone, however the phone is the camera so that aint gonna work! 

Having it with the iPhone and using Chord's elastic bands, makes it better for the added length of the module, however items like this stacked together will never be a light or compact carry. Not sure if I will be taking this outside or not. I have the luxury of the ZX2 for travel.

nice to see finally after 3 weeks ongoing delay people are finally getting these...are you in the UK?

will be interesting to see how this compares portability wise against my dragonfly red.
would be using a carrying pouch to carry the mojo/ipod/extender...anyone already trying this?

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #23,010 of 42,765

Is that extender thing actually helps prevent the usb from getting loose? Such as sluding it in my pocket and all the weight will be on the end where the usb is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back