1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. Duncan Moderator
    That is a much better analogy than mine (town car vs Grand tourer) :)

For IEM users this is an absolute boon, like having an amp with an IEM card inside :)

2. deuter

Iam planning to use my ZX1 with Mojo, any good ?

3. Duncan Moderator
    As long as you've got the relevant digital cable that you'd use with other DACs then you're all set (on the logical assumption that the WM-Port is configured the same on the ZX1 as it is the ZX2)

4. tomscy2000
    I remember talking to Rob Watts about them working on this thing way back in September last year. Glad to see that it has come out.

5. obsidyen

It's not strange if they used some kind of attenuator.

6. deuter

I ordered thr digital cable from Japan, not sure on port configuration.

7. Duncan Moderator
    I cannot begin to imagine the implications to ANY business if that ethos took hold, Intel, your new processors are better than mine, Samsung, your SUHD TVs are better than my UHD...

All companies would be bankrupted in a week!

8. Rob Watts
    No attenuator as it would upset transparency.

I just reduced the noise - it is 125 dB dynamic range now. That said "just reduced the noise" was not easy, it's one reason Mojo took so long to develop.

Rob

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  9. obsidyen
    Thanks for the explanation Rob, I know your designs are excellent, it was just a poor guess. [​IMG] I'm going to get myself a Mojo as well, for home and portable uses. 

10. NZtechfreak

Anyone had a chance to try this? Should work.

11. Duncan Moderator
    Rob, good for the economy, bad for my wallet, if I had known what your genius was cooking up I wouldn't have spent £3k chasing improvements in DAPs haha!!!

Thinking about that, had I not done so, could've bought a TT :)

You Sir, should be knighted by the queen for services to the music industry!!

12. NZtechfreak
    Duncan, do you have some full-sized cans to try? I suspect the QP1R is going to win out there with the slightly less sensitive ones, but would love some comparison. This, the Geek Out V2+ and the QP1R are vying for my portable duties currently (likely with my Ether C). This has the advantage of possibly being available for me to buy right now.

13. Raika
    Well
    Let
    Me say
    This From
    The bottom
    Of
    My heart
    I
    Feel
    Sorry
    For
    The wners
    Of
    HUGO

14. Duncan Moderator
    I have Denon D7100, Sony Z1000 and SA5000, Shure SRH1840 and Philips X1, any preference out of that selection?

15. Raika
    In the first place : mojo's price should be the price of Hugo , now mojo should cost 250$ at best .
    Can you remind me how many taps inside MoJo ?

First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last