Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 26, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #21,721 of 42,765
I received my Mojo 2 days ago and haven't been able to hook it up to my iPhone yet. I have a cable coming that should be here Saturday or Monday so I may just have to wait. I tried to get a CCK from Best Buy yesterday but they didn't have one in stock. Ugh. 
I did listen to it for a few minutes from my desktop but I am pretty well covered there already with separates. It sounds good but not the big difference I know I will get when I route the phone through it. I can't wait to use it with my phone!

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #21,722 of 42,765
Peter makes a good point regarding not putting stress on the ports. I'm quite paranoid about it and I always take the Mojo out of my pocket before bending or sitting. Not ideal. I also orient it in my pocket so that the pressure from the bottom of my pocket is placed on the lightning jack of my iPhone, rather than the port on the Mojo. That add-on module can't come soon enough for me, and will hopefully make this issue a thing of the past. 

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #21,723 of 42,765
He doesn't sound happy in the review. Actually, he says nothing for 90% of his review. Rambles about the 'glass' balls and clicking 100 times for the volume steps and has fun saying 'Chord Mojo' as many ways as he can. There is nothing informative there, regardless of his opinion. Actually, the amount of misinformation is staggering. He shouldn't be doing reviews. I watched it just now out of curiosity... I'll never get that time back, good grief.

He seemed to enjoy the visuals of the Mojo and constantly played with Mojos balls which came off as being slightly entertaining to watch. But he primarily listened through the computer even though someone sent him a penon usb cable for the phone. I tried regular micro usb cables that came with my phone on the Mojo plugged into the computer and the result was a sound that lacked much musicality and dynamics. It sounded just okay. The sound was a mix of the noisy electronics and the average cable. But with the optical cable it was as engaging as the penon usb cable plugged into my phone.

The point is I feel he didn't get the most out of the unit since he straight up plugged a regular micro usb cable into the pc and evaluated it that way. He even said in the video that he likes it when things are straight and simple, but the truth is that everything in the audio chain contributes to the overall sound. That could be the reason why he thinks all gear sounds the same across the board.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #21,724 of 42,765

Just a heads up, Dyson Audio's website is down. Not sure what's going on but thought it should be brought to attention.

I placed an order last week and when I saw the site down I tried several ways to contact him with no luck.  I'm going to dispute the charge with my creditcard company.  The funny thing is last week I text him and ask if he was still in business and he said yes.  

Edit:  He just texted me back saying he's sending my cable today.  I asked if his site was coming back and whether he was still in business.  I'll let you know what he says when he replies.

Edit 2:  He replied saying he temporarily shut the site down because he's working sound at a music festival.

Thanks for the info. Please let me know (you or anyone) if you see he gets back up&running
beerchug.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #21,726 of 42,765
  I placed an order last week and when I saw the site down I tried several ways to contact him with no luck.  I'm going to dispute the charge with my creditcard company.  The funny thing is last week I text him and ask if he was still in business and he said yes.  

Edit:  He just texted me back saying he's sending my cable today.  I asked if his site was coming back and whether he was still in business.  I'll let you know what he says when he replies.

Edit 2:  He replied saying he temporarily shut the site down because he's working sound at a music festival.

Not as lucky as you... placed an order on Aug. 3, and tried to contact him 5 times since. ZERO response. No cable. Disputing the charge... 
frown.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #21,727 of 42,765
theres a serious lack of information in that Zreview

i felt like i was taken the longest route possible to find out what he thinks of the sound and then never really says anything anyway.

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #21,728 of 42,765
@Soundizer, jitterbug manual says if you use more than one jitterbug , use it in parallel instead of series . attaching jitterbug to spare USB ports further cleans the USB power as I guess all USB ports have common power source .

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #21,729 of 42,765
oh man, i placed an order few days ago with dyson cable, should i be concerned?

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #21,730 of 42,765
I had posted dust caps on the USB ports to help protect them. 

I recently came across and got to see some magnetic plugs/adapters and was blown away. I decided to grab a set and try them out and I'm blown away! For desktop use these things are very convenient. If you're going to be using it on the go you will want a more secure connection but at least for charging I'd recommend one of these or two if you're using it at your desk like I tend to do. 

Here is the link to them: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DLUYXEO/

I am not affiliated with anything other than wanting to share it! 

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #21,732 of 42,765
  I had posted dust caps on the USB ports to help protect them. 

I recently came across and got to see some magnetic plugs/adapters and was blown away. I decided to grab a set and try them out and I'm blown away! For desktop use these things are very convenient. If you're going to be using it on the go you will want a more secure connection but at least for charging I'd recommend one of these or two if you're using it at your desk like I tend to do. 

Here is the link to them: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DLUYXEO/

I am not affiliated with anything other than wanting to share it! 

Reviews are not so good.  Magnet issues and connection drops when using for data.

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #21,734 of 42,765

Reviews are not so good.  Magnet issues and connection drops when using for data.

I've bought a few packs of those cables and they are identical. It's funny but one cable are from the link above with the bad reviews and the gold cable is from this link: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E71YE4K/

The gold cable link has 4.5 star reviews from 16 total. 

It connects and stays connected unless you move around with it. Connection has never dropped out for a split second unless I move it. 

I'd say that yes, it is not as solid as it could be but it is solid as you'd want it to be because it'd likely pull the adapter out of it were much stronger. 

Reviews are trivial but I've got several cables and now have them on my phone, tablet, and my Mojo and my only regret is that I didn't grab some sooner.

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #21,735 of 42,765
  I don't have the guts to read 15 hundred pages. 

So my silly question is: 

- is mojo compatible with Windows 10? 
I mean: is there a driver for Windows 10 for mojo if I connect it to my PC with Windows 10? 

on the official page of mojo I found this picture in the drivers section: 

is that it? 

Has anybody installed the drivers on Windows 10 and used mojo out of PC with Windows 10? 

Sorry for the silly question again... 

I use the Mojo with Windows 10.  Just download the win 10 driver you have pictured and go.  I use Foobar and Waspi event, sounds very good.

Apologies if this has been covered already on this excellent thread.

Is there any benefit in getting a USB Noise cancelling device such as the Audioquest Jitterbug- it is not very expensive and if there is any reduced noise i will buy it. To use it between my Computer and the Chord Mojo.

What sparked me off on this area is watching the YouTube interview with Rob and John where they talk about galvanic isolation on the Hugo to deal with noise from a USB input device.

Apologies again if this has been covered.

Here is the YouTube link which was also on Post 3 (Rob and John talk about RF noise / Jitter from 21:20 minutes into this video)
https://youtu.be/10k_yMHCncY

I tried the jitterbug on several usb device and in each case there was an audible deterioration to the sound. ymmv

Agreed, Magnets near signal lines is usually not a good idea unless carefully controlled to attain a particular result

Users who are viewing this thread

Back