Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 23, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #21,631 of 42,765
Why so long? eac is simple to use

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #21,632 of 42,765
I have just listened again to the track, and you are right about the brushing fading in and out.

Just a year ago, before i discovered good DACs, I never heard enough detail in tracks, to think about brushing (whether cymbals or drums).  
if you like Come Away With Me you must check out the Classic Records 200gm pressing.

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #21,634 of 42,765
if you like Come Away With Me you must check out the Classic Records 200gm pressing.

I love Come away With Me. I didn't care much for the criticism on the last page for this album. It's a classic in its own right now. It's one of the albums I put on when I absolutely must have slower gentler music. The track Nightingale should be a in a hall of music somewhere. Long Day is Over should not be far behind.

To be honest though it did take me a long time to get to liking that album. Initially it left me nonplussed and I just didn't get it.

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #21,635 of 42,765

Thanks for the suggestion, but I would need to buy the album, plus a turntable and cartridge, before I could listen. 
beerchug.gif

I think that money is probably already allocated to my next chord DAC, but which one is where the uncertainty lies.

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #21,636 of 42,765
a while ago i did an AB test with mojo and galaxy s6 and i couldnt tell any difference, that was using Final Heaven 2 but when i bumped up to higher tier iems the difference hit me in face, lower quality transducers will mask the source. i already knew this i just wanted to mention it.

mojo wont transform your sennheiser HD201 but its worth it if your other gear can show what its capable of.

remember you cant fit a hippo through a cat flap 
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #21,637 of 42,765

I love Come away With Me. I didn't care much for the criticism on the last page for this album. It's a classic in its own right now. It's one of the albums I put on when I absolutely must have slower gentler music. The track Nightingale should be a in a hall of music somewhere. Long Day is Over should not be far behind.

To be honest though it did take me a long time to get to liking that album. Initially it left me nonplussed and I just didn't get it.

I think you misinterpreted my comments - I was trying to understand the musical makeup of the track, ie was it hiss or intentional brushing, or what?

Asking questions is not the same as negative criticism!

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #21,638 of 42,765

Why so long? eac is simple to use

the ui is not very modern nor user friendly but it doesnt take very long to get used to.

dbpoweramp is much better.

interface might be more user-friendly, but it doesn't mean it's as good or better when it comes to actual ripping quality. EAC can be set as paranoid as the user wants it to be, which can be very handy for many discs.

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #21,639 of 42,765
  I think you misinterpreted my comments - I was trying to understand the musical makeup of the track, ie was it hiss or intentional brushing, or what?

Asking questions is not the same as negative criticism!

Yeah sorry, I nearly did add a comment about the fact I thought you were aiming at the engineering. I guess I don't have the trasducers to hear what you hear though. It sounds normal to me. As someone wisely said above you can't fit a hippo through a cat-flap.

I only have Grado 225e and Q Acoustics BT3, attached to my Mojo.

EDIT: Plus I find it hard to defend Norah Jones since her second and third album went downhill consecutively.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #21,640 of 42,765

Yeah sorry, I nearly did add a comment about the fact I thought you were aiming at the engineering. I guess I don't have the trasducers to hear what you hear though. It sounds normal to me. As someone wisely said above you can't fit a hippo through a cat-flap.

I only have Grado 225e and Q Acoustics BT3, attached to my Mojo.

EDIT: Plus I find it hard to defend Norah Jones since her second and third album went downhill consecutively.

i was using a pair of beyer T51i, which are quite good at the higher frequencies, so much so that i suspect that some people would find them too bright. 
Nevertheless they are good at resolving fine detail.

I have listened to two of her other albums, and they did not appeal to me as much.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #21,641 of 42,765
I have just listened again to the track, and you are right about the brushing fading in and out.

Just a year ago, before i discovered good DACs, I never heard enough detail in tracks, to think about brushing (whether cymbals or drums).  

This highlights nicely my previous point about perceived sound differences reported from individuals. :wink_face:

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #21,642 of 42,765
  a while ago i did an AB test with mojo and galaxy s6 and i couldnt tell any difference, that was using Final Heaven 2 but when i bumped up to higher tier iems the difference hit me in face, lower quality transducers will mask the source. i already knew this i just wanted to mention it.

mojo wont transform your sennheiser HD201 but its worth it if your other gear can show what its capable of.

remember you cant fit a hippo through a cat flap 
wink.gif

A buddy of mine owns Actionpie iems. They cost $27 on amazon and they are marketed as a high resolution heavy bass in ear monitor. I couldn't even find the company's website but they are based in China. I didn't think much of it when I ordered it for him. But when I plugged it into his Iphone, it sounded pretty good. Into my V10 and the sound quality went up several levels, into the Mojo and it further improved and actually sounded convincing! The IEM reproduces the whole frequency range pretty well and it's bass has a nice kick to it without muddying up the midrange

The same couldn't be said about the $30 Sennheiser earbud I own so YMMV.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016L0DRXE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #21,643 of 42,765
Is the Chord Mojo better suited to general Music listening rather than Movie?

The reason I ask is because it seems limited on Surround Sound Soundstage compared to my Linn Amplifier, but the Mojo is much much much better on Music.

Aug 23, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #21,644 of 42,765
while many people consider Norah Jones come away with me as audiophile stuff but imho it is far from it. I never liked the old record kind of sound which always felt deliberately done. I have other newer popular jazz albums recorded much better than Norah Jones . try albums of manu katche or fourplay or even Diana krall , all have better dynamics and transparency.

Nora Jones album 'Come away with me' I have always liked and similar to above, some of the lesser mentioned tracks.
I think most of the above I also agree with, will have to research Manu Katche

Users who are viewing this thread

Back