1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. KT66
    Why so long? eac is simple to use

2. KT66
    if you like Come Away With Me you must check out the Classic Records 200gm pressing.

Traveller likes this.
  3. Deftone

the ui is not very modern nor user friendly but it doesnt take very long to get used to.

dbpoweramp is much better.

aangen likes this.
  4. GreenBow

I love Come away With Me. I didn't care much for the criticism on the last page for this album. It's a classic in its own right now. It's one of the albums I put on when I absolutely must have slower gentler music. The track Nightingale should be a in a hall of music somewhere. Long Day is Over should not be far behind.

To be honest though it did take me a long time to get to liking that album. Initially it left me nonplussed and I just didn't get it.

5. miketlse

Thanks for the suggestion, but I would need to buy the album, plus a turntable and cartridge, before I could listen. [​IMG]

I think that money is probably already allocated to my next chord DAC, but which one is where the uncertainty lies.

6. Deftone
    a while ago i did an AB test with mojo and galaxy s6 and i couldnt tell any difference, that was using Final Heaven 2 but when i bumped up to higher tier iems the difference hit me in face, lower quality transducers will mask the source. i already knew this i just wanted to mention it.

mojo wont transform your sennheiser HD201 but its worth it if your other gear can show what its capable of.

remember you cant fit a hippo through a cat flap [​IMG]

7. miketlse
    I think you misinterpreted my comments - I was trying to understand the musical makeup of the track, ie was it hiss or intentional brushing, or what?

Asking questions is not the same as negative criticism!

8. Mython Contributor

interface might be more user-friendly, but it doesn't mean it's as good or better when it comes to actual ripping quality. EAC can be set as paranoid as the user wants it to be, which can be very handy for many discs.

9. GreenBow

Yeah sorry, I nearly did add a comment about the fact I thought you were aiming at the engineering. I guess I don't have the trasducers to hear what you hear though. It sounds normal to me. As someone wisely said above you can't fit a hippo through a cat-flap.

I only have Grado 225e and Q Acoustics BT3, attached to my Mojo.

EDIT: Plus I find it hard to defend Norah Jones since her second and third album went downhill consecutively.

10. miketlse

i was using a pair of beyer T51i, which are quite good at the higher frequencies, so much so that i suspect that some people would find them too bright. 
    Nevertheless they are good at resolving fine detail.

I have listened to two of her other albums, and they did not appeal to me as much.

11. x RELIC x Contributor

This highlights nicely my previous point about perceived sound differences reported from individuals. :wink_face:

Mython likes this.
  12. maxh22
    A buddy of mine owns Actionpie iems. They cost $27 on amazon and they are marketed as a high resolution heavy bass in ear monitor. I couldn't even find the company's website but they are based in China. I didn't think much of it when I ordered it for him. But when I plugged it into his Iphone, it sounded pretty good. Into my V10 and the sound quality went up several levels, into the Mojo and it further improved and actually sounded convincing! The IEM reproduces the whole frequency range pretty well and it's bass has a nice kick to it without muddying up the midrange

The same couldn't be said about the $30 Sennheiser earbud I own so YMMV.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016L0DRXE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

13. Soundizer
    Is the Chord Mojo better suited to general Music listening rather than Movie?

The reason I ask is because it seems limited on Surround Sound Soundstage compared to my Linn Amplifier, but the Mojo is much much much better on Music.

14. masterpfa

Nora Jones album 'Come away with me' I have always liked and similar to above, some of the lesser mentioned tracks.
    I think most of the above I also agree with, will have to research Manu Katche

15. captblaze
    another female vocalist worth a listen to is Radka Toneff