Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 20, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #21,526 of 42,765
I totally cannot agree more with your statement about bit perfect output.i have compared between ibasso dx50»coax»mojo and foobar2000(dsd asio)»mojo and the result is really apparent.these comparo was done via HD800S and noble savant.foobar2000(dsd asio) is the best i have heard on Mojo..

I guess that any connections to Mojo is quite important and not exactly yield similar performance.of course USB cable also plays a major role

Can someone tell me why I don't have dsd option in windows 10 with mojo drivers. The highest upsample format I get is 384khz 32 bit. Is this everyone or just me?

Bytw, I am upsampling in windows sound properties. It's not native. I am playing a simple youtube videos.

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #21,527 of 42,765
Can someone tell me why I don't have dsd option in windows 10 with mojo drivers. The highest upsample format I get is 384khz 32 bit. Is this everyone or just me?

Bytw, I am upsampling in windows sound properties. It's not native. I am playing a simple youtube videos.

I'm not sure how do u do that on Windows 10. My laptop is using windows 7. Done installed chords driver and few additional plug ins from asio.Played it via Mojo across songs format of 44.1khz up to DSD 2.8 Mhz and it changes color accordingly on the power ball. Without asio plug ins(presumably upsamples) really didnt cut it on the SQ.sorry if this is not helping.just sharing my experience

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #21,528 of 42,765

Windows up-sampling will be far inferior to Mojo's internal processing. Also, converting to DSD isn't really going to add any fidelity either, actually, Rob strongly recommends you don't do that. Plenty of info covered in the third post regarding this.

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #21,529 of 42,765
Are you able to choose from 44.1 16bit upto DSD sample from windows sound properties when you play 44.1 files? (like simple youtube videos). I am able to choose upto 384khz 32bit with any files. does not matter if it's 44.1. It just stops at 384khz though, don't have any options to go any higher. Not using any 3rd party softwares though. Just straight from windows Internet Explorer to youtube. Then playing music videos there. Thanks,

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #21,530 of 42,765
Why you should be able to upsample to DSD (something pointless) in Windows sound properties? Where did you read that?

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #21,531 of 42,765
Windows up-sampling will be far inferior to Mojo's internal processing. Also, converting to DSD isn't really going to add any fidelity either, actually, Rob strongly recommends you don't do that. Plenty of info covered in the third post regarding this.

I am not clear in this issue. I am currently using Chord's own drivers that I've downloaded through their site. The upsampling is being done within chord drivers through sound properties in windows. Even with 384hz, it sounds far better than 44.1 to my ears. This upsampling isn't being done with windows default sound drivers that window come with, but with chords asio driver through usb input. (usb 3.0)

I just don't have any option to go higher than 384kz.

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #21,534 of 42,765
My apologies for spamming numerous posts but I just decided to download a DSD file and see if it plays through jriver21. It does so I don't think there is a problem there (white color light up on the far right ball). But just wondering why upsample rate is limited to 384hz in chord mojo driver in windows. I get much better sound upsampling through mojo driver to highest rate from any low res file.

I.e - I don't think youtube audio files are even 44.1 so if your not gonna output in bit perfect mode anyway, might as well upsample it to highest res in chord mojo sound properties. In which I did, and sounds much better than 44.1 (which is lowest is allowed in sound properties). Anyway, I am prabably in minority streaming youtube music videos but neverthless, it does sound much better upsampled using Chord's driver.

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #21,535 of 42,765
  Hi,
My mojo discharged since it wasn't used for over a month. I charged it but it does not power up now. All three balls flash every few seconds in a faint bluish colour. Any help would be appreciated.

From the post #3

I fully-charged Mojo & then left unused for a few days - why is it now drawing a charge again, even though it was left unused? (Click to hide)
There is a minute amount of battery usage when the unit is turned off as it has to monitor the button states. So it can be expected that it will need a small charge after not being used and off, this shouldn't be a problem as it will be a few months before mojo loses all charge when switched off.

With regards to the 3 buttons flashing, this is not a problem when the unit is charging. 

Mojo will discharge the battery - it will take about 6 months to do. But after finishing a charge, if you reconnect a bit later it will re-charge with the white light on. But it is only supplying a few milli-amps of current, as the last part of the charge is a trickle charge.

So the white light on is nothing to worry about.

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #21,536 of 42,765
..but for some reason, they put it on vinyl. *duck*

In another year or so, Neil Young will be able to use Davina to digitalise the album, and play it back through DAVE, and we will then be able to hear the album exactly as Young originally intended.

In the meantime, though, it does seem extremely ironic if (if) 'Mr PONO' has not released his own album in the very format he is claiming to champion...

I hear you guys - yes, Mr. Pono
biggrin.gif

But for reasons beyond the scope of this discussion / thread OT my analog chain still trumps my digital chain. Note that the "my" is the key word, here
wink.gif

Having clarified that, what makes little sense to me are "remastered LPs" created from a digital source (and here I am referring specifically to music that was originally recorded on analog media). ADC -> DAC -> Vinyl... argh.
beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #21,538 of 42,765
Has anyone compared the headphone amp in the Mojo with a dedicated portable amp like the Pico Power, Meier Quickstep or something similar or a desktop amp that's suitable for sensitive IEMs? Just wondering if it is worth getting a separate amp for home use. I'm a bit concerned with hiss from the Mojo.

I tried it with my own Fostex HP-V1 hybrid amp, connected with a Silverdream cable from Artisansilvercables: wider soundstage and a slight (veri slight) loss of details.
FYI Fostex have told me by means of their UK HQ that this amp accepts up to 5v input.
They go together pretty well :wink:

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #21,539 of 42,765
I have a little neoprene pouch that works as a snug protective skin for my Mojo, in its leather case. It also lets me slip in a short micro-micro OTG cable:

The case came with some truly horrible "rugged" earbuds that I bought to use while running. They failed after about 10km. The case is great, though- the neoprene protects the Mojo against dust and scratches in my bag, so I can just throw it in and relax.. so every cloud, and all that.

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #21,540 of 42,765

Hi,
My mojo discharged since it wasn't used for over a month. I charged it but it does not power up now. All three balls flash every few seconds in a faint bluish colour. Any help would be appreciated.

From the post #3

I fully-charged Mojo & then left unused for a few days - why is it now drawing a charge again, even though it was left unused? (Click to hide)
There is a minute amount of battery usage when the unit is turned off as it has to monitor the button states. So it can be expected that it will need a small charge after not being used and off, this shouldn't be a problem as it will be a few months before mojo loses all charge when switched off.

With regards to the 3 buttons flashing, this is not a problem when the unit is charging. 

Mojo will discharge the battery - it will take about 6 months to do. But after finishing a charge, if you reconnect a bit later it will re-charge with the white light on. But it is only supplying a few milli-amps of current, as the last part of the charge is a trickle charge.

So the white light on is nothing to worry about.

Also consider:

Sounds like the battery is completely flat.

When this happens, the charger charges with a very small current, as Li batteries can't be charged with full current with a low battery voltage.

So try charging for several hours with the unit switched off. You need to keep the unit off during this period, as the charging current is not enough to both charge and keep the unit on.

Hope this works, Rob

Quote:
  Try charging overnight with the unit off. The charging circuit looks at the state of the battery before charging. If the battery has a very low voltage, it will trickle charge the battery until it gets to a safe voltage, and then full charge will commence. This trickle charge mode can take several hours, and it is done for safety reasons, and it will appear that the battery is not working as the trickle charge mode takes some time. When in this mode Mojo must be off.

When charging make sure the battery light is white and not flashing - if it flashes, pull out the charging cable, count to ten, re-attach the charging cable. If it continues to flash, it is most likely the charger is not giving 1A at 5V, so use a better charger.

Rob 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back