Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 15, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #21,318 of 42,759
I'm starting to think I've joined a community of loons here!!

Don't knock it til you try it
blink.gif

Aug 15, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #21,321 of 42,759
highlighting high sample rates over 192khz is just marketing. In a true blind test nobody can percieve difference between 96khz/192khz enough times in a row for it to not count as luck

I can. But that's after going back and forth - back and forth (A/B) on a 10-20 second audio clips that I saved up and use. But when I stay away from audio for 20-30 mins and come back I can't tell difference or know what sampling rate I'm listening to. But hey, I can also see difference between 120hz and 144hz monitors. :D

Hello,

I am not sure how relevant this is but I thought I would share it based on a conversation I had with Chord today.

I called Chord today and asked them what frequency bit rate should I use on the Apple iMac computer Audio Midi software. I play Apple Music streaming and playing via iTunes.
The Chord engineer said I should make sure the bit rate in the Apple AudioMidi settings is at 44.1kHz which matches Apple Music source and iTunes Music Player.
He was very adamant not to increase the bit rate higher than the audio source music and music player.

The Chord engineer said that by default in some cases the Apple AudioMidi might be at a much higher rate when first connecting the Mojo and insisted that this should be reduced to match the Audio music source and Music player.

Aug 15, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #21,322 of 42,759
Hello,

I am not sure how relevant this is but I thought I would share it based on a conversation I had with Chord today.

I called Chord today and asked them what frequency bit rate should I use on the Apple iMac computer Audio Midi software. I play Apple Music streaming and playing via iTunes.
The Chord engineer said I should make sure the bit rate in the Apple AudioMidi settings is at 44.1kHz which matches Apple Music source and iTunes Music Player.
He was very adamant not to increase the bit rate higher than the audio source music and music player.

The Chord engineer said that by default in some cases the Apple AudioMidi might be at a much higher rate when first connecting the Mojo and insisted that this should be reduced to match the Audio music source and Music player.

Yes, this is bit perfect playback and has been discussed extensively in this thread. There is a great section in the third post of this thread where Rob Watts discusses the reasons why you should feed his DACs a bit perfect source,

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #21,324 of 42,759
Think I've found my perfect iem for pairing with Mojo. Noble Katana, picked up at Canjam on Saturday, is fast, open, extended and attacking. Combined with the Mojo's truly musical signature, Muse, The Eagles, and Joe Bonamassa never sounded more exciting. Can imagine some poorly produced tracks being pushed over the edge, but can't imagine a portable stack setup bettering this lively sound.

Aug 16, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #21,325 of 42,759
Think I've found my perfect iem for pairing with Mojo. Noble Katana, picked up at Canjam on Saturday, is fast, open, extended and attacking. Combined with the Mojo's truly musical signature, Muse, The Eagles, and Joe Bonamassa never sounded more exciting. Can imagine some poorly produced tracks being pushed over the edge, but can't imagine a portable stack setup bettering this lively sound.
Mojo gives it a little more bottom ?

Aug 16, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #21,326 of 42,759
Mojo gives it a little more bottom ?

Many would find that nice
biggrin.gif

More a touch of warmth, that say Mojo adds over Hugo.

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #21,330 of 42,759
I have tested Mojo as a standalone DAC in my speaker / headphone system and it sounds amazing. I am curious if anybody tested it against Schiit Yggdrasil. It's been a while since I've heard Yggy, but from what I remember I think Mojo could overall be better with stronger dynamics and dynamic range, better textures, details and less grain/cleaner sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back