Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 11, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #21,091 of 42,765
I'm concerned about the condition of the serial number sticker on my mojo I received today.  As you can see in the pictures, its pretty wavy and originates from that lower left corner.  It continues to be wavy in the same orientation like someone either removed the sticker once before or at least attempted to.  The unit was purchased as new from gramophone off of amazon.  Gramophone confirmed they are an authorized dealer.  I'm considering returning the unit and buying elsewhere.

Hmmmm. When you got the package, was the white box where mojo lies whithin sealed?

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #21,092 of 42,765
Hmmmm. When you got the package, was the white box where mojo lies whithin sealed?

Yeah, that is the interesting thing...It was sealed.  There was one seal on one of the long sides of the box.  The box did have some play where you could move the lid a bit, but I just don't know how it could have been opened without leaving obvious signs.  But that S/N sticker looks awfully suspicious.

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #21,093 of 42,765
Yeah, that is the interesting thing...It was sealed.  There was one seal on one of the long sides of the box.  The box did have some play where you could move the lid a bit, but I just don't know how it could have been opened without leaving obvious signs.  But that S/N sticker looks awfully suspicious.
It works? No humming when charging? If it works and no humming then enjoy it.

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #21,094 of 42,765
It works? No humming when charging? If it works and no humming then enjoy it.

it works!  No humming that I can hear.  If I plug it in and put my ear right up against it I can hear a sound like coils tightening lol, but why would I ever do that normally.  

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can I use a charger with greater than 1A output?  My understanding (EE background) is the mojo should draw the current it needs, as long as the wall wart can supply it.

Also, do I really need to charge it for 10 hours before I use it for the first time?? (already too late, but I want to listen again and its only been a few hours!)

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #21,095 of 42,765
it works!  No humming that I can hear.  If I plug it in and put my ear right up against it I can hear a sound like coils tightening lol, but why would I ever do that normally.  

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can I use a charger with greater than 1A output?  My understanding (EE background) is the mojo should draw the current it needs, as long as the wall wart can supply it.

Also, do I really need to charge it for 10 hours before I use it for the first time?? (already too late, but I want to listen again and its only been a few hours!)
I read 2A and up is good.

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #21,096 of 42,765
  I'm concerned about the condition of the serial number sticker on my mojo I received today.  As you can see in the pictures, its pretty wavy and originates from that lower left corner.  It continues to be wavy in the same orientation like someone either removed the sticker once before or at least attempted to.  The unit was purchased as new from gramophone off of amazon.  Gramophone confirmed they are an authorized dealer.  I'm considering returning the unit and buying elsewhere.

I used to work in a PC Assembling facility. While working there, I realized, how our products are actually handled. The products are always placed on a foam/sheet to protect it from scratches and the assemblers wear gloves for the same reason. But except for that, the products are pretty much handled with speed and vigor as the assembly lines have production numbers to keep up with. The speed at which these workers perform their tasks will amaze you. And in that speed, a lot of things can go wrong and labels go skew all the time. Also when it comes to Serial No. labels, there is a limit on how much can be trashed in a day due to errors. And every label must be accounted for. One of the possibilities is that the person, when he was trying to apply the label, a part of the label attached itself to something else or the mojo itself in a different orientation or place due to static electricity. And when you try to remove the half attached label, such as the ones found on Mojo, they leave those streak/bent marks on the label. Now instead of trashing the label, the person must have just applied it and sent it through.

Had they picked your unit for Quality Control, they would have failed it immediately. But they pick 1 in a 100 units randomly. And units like these slip through all the time. 

Much like a commercial for a burger place you see on TV. The commercials show like each burger is handled like burgers. But when you go to the restaurant you come to know how it is really made.

Aug 11, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #21,097 of 42,765

I used to work in a PC Assembling facility. While working there, I realized, how our products are actually handled. The products are always placed on a foam/sheet to protect it from scratches and the assemblers wear gloves for the same reason. But except for that, the products are pretty much handled with speed and vigor as the assembly lines have production numbers to keep up with. The speed at which these workers perform their tasks will amaze you. And in that speed, a lot of things can go wrong and labels go skew all the time. Also when it comes to Serial No. labels, there is a limit on how much can be trashed in a day due to errors. And every label must be accounted for. One of the possibilities is that the person, when he was trying to apply the label, a part of the label attached itself to something else or the mojo itself in a different orientation or place due to static electricity. And when you try to remove the half attached label, such as the ones found on Mojo, they leave those streak/bent marks on the label. Now instead of trashing the label, the person must have just applied it and sent it through.

Had they picked your unit for Quality Control, they would have failed it immediately. But they pick 1 in a 100 units randomly. And units like these slip through all the time. 

Much like a commercial for a burger place you see on TV. The commercials show like each burger is handled like burgers. But when you go to the restaurant you come to know how it is really made.

Makes sense.  Just sucks to get that kind of luck...

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #21,098 of 42,765
Makes sense.  Just sucks to get that kind of luck...

I think you're fretting about nothing really. All it is, is a slightly misapplied label, which quite frankly you'll probably never even look at again when you start using the Mojo.

I know that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. What would bother me is if a unit came without a serial number, as then you may well have problems getting warranty, should you ever need it.

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #21,099 of 42,765
I think you're fretting about nothing really. All it is, is a slightly misapplied label, which quite frankly you'll probably never even look at again when you start using the Mojo.

I know that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. What would bother me is if a unit came without a serial number, as then you may well have problems getting warranty, should you ever need it.

Thanks I needed that.  sometimes I get a little 
confused_face_2.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #21,100 of 42,765

Thanks I needed that.  sometimes I get a little 
confused_face_2.gif

beerchug.gif

You are not alone, I think we can safely say that Head-Fi has its fair share of people with a little OCD.
wink_face.gif

Having read the last few pages of this thread - I think these gifs are quite relevant and may be food for thought!
angry_face.gif

Aug 11, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #21,101 of 42,765
While there is no chemistry memory with Lithium batteries there does need to be a calibration of the voltage meter from time to time. On this thread, a couple months ago, there were a few reports of users who have had poor battery performance and this was corrected when a full battery cycle was done. I'm not sure exactly how the implementation of the Lithium Polymer battery indicator is done in the Mojo, but it indeed seems to be helpful to do a battery cycle if the indicator shows poor performance.

Thanks Relic.
Do you think it is possible to do it without any in/out connection?

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #21,102 of 42,765
Get the Mojo cover, leave your unit inside there and problem (sorta) solved

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #21,104 of 42,765
Get the Mojo cover, leave your unit inside there and problem (sorta) solved

The label on my Mojo is pulling up in one corner and drives me nuts when on the go. For me, the case took care of that. I do plan to use a tiny bit of super glue on that corner just so it stops getting snagged on things. Other than that it's a non-issue really although annoying.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #21,105 of 42,765
OCD? I was up all night running frequency tests on all my Earphones to check for unusual rattles. Yup. I got issues.

Perhaps try this track instead and if you don't get a rattle, then you know you have a problem! 
blink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9eeIHgvvGA

Regarding the battery in the Mojo, any issues usually sort themselves out after about 3-5 full charge cycles.

Guys, try not to unduly worry about your Mojos, just enjoy them and worry more about being attacked by seagulls when walking down the beach, etc. 
angry_face.gif
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back