Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 8, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #21,016 of 42,765
Have you run it through a complete battery cycle? Run the unit down to blinking red, charge full, run to blinking red again, charge full again. Earlier this helped some users restore their batter run time.
Thanks for the reply. I will pay attention it charges cortectly. Today I notice while charging the charging light was blinking. I have used the same charger ever since I bought the mojo with no issues. Wonder why now it blinks?

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #21,017 of 42,765
Thanks for the reply. I will pay attention it charges cortectly. Today I notice while charging the charging light was blinking. I have used the same charger ever since I bought the mojo with no issues. Wonder why now it blinks?

I had an iPhone charger recently go on the fritz. It could be your charger is bunk. In town picking up supplies while camping, so this is all I've got for now.

:beerchug:

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #21,018 of 42,765
I had an iPhone charger recently go on the fritz. It could be your charger is bunk. In town picking up supplies while camping, so this is all I've got for now.

beerchug.gif

Relic, enjoy your camping trip, I hope you did not bring too many of your extended family with you.
beerchug.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #21,021 of 42,765
hope you can reach out to Chord directly and then share the info back on here with us, once you get a reply.
New charger and will charge it over night.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #21,022 of 42,765
If I want to connect Mojo to MHA100 via RCA, does it need to set Mojo to 3v or 1.9v

Product page says maximum unbalanced input is 8V so I would go with 3V.  See how that sounds and then try 1.9V.  From that I would say you certainly don't have to worry about any issues with the 3V setting.  

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=newproducts&ProductId=MHA100

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #21,023 of 42,765

Is that connector 30pin + micro2micro usb works with mojo?

No, that probably won't work. That looks like a basic USB-charging adapter.

Hello. Looked through this thread, but unfortunately didn't catch exectly is it possible to connect my iPhone 4 to mojo through USB??? To use Tidal...

Chord cannot officially recommend the use of 30-pin i-Devices, with Mojo, but it seems some people have succeeded in using them:

30-pin works fine - I use the adapter on both the iPhone 4 as well as the iPad 2 - compatibility is an iOS issue - iOS 7 or later is required.

(bold emphasis added by me)

I am struggling to find an appropriate adapter to suit your needs, on Apple.com, as it seems they have removed it, at the link eenecho provided:

Cool. Which adapter do you use? Could you point me in the right direction?

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MC531AM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

However, I can see it still listed on Apple's UK site, although it is stated as 'unavailable':

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

This should, theoretically, allow you to then plug a standard male-USB plug into the above adapter, and a micro-USB connector into Mojo, if you buy a suitable cable for that purpose or just use the one that is actually supplied with Mojo (it would not need a CCK/MFI chip in it, because the Apple CCK adapter contains the MFI chip already)

Again, this is not officially endorsed by Chord Electronics
wink_face.gif

Good luck with actually obtaining one of those 30-pin CCK adapters, since Apple like to make their devices obsolete, and make it difficult for people to use old devices with new connection protocols.

Just did a quick search for you, and it seems John Lewis, in the UK, still have them in stock
beerchug.gif
:

www.johnlewis.com/apple-mc531zm-a-ipad-camera-connection-kit/p231024923

Please don't make the mistake of buying one of the cheap male-30-pin-to-female-lightning adapters (all over eBay and Amazon), since, as well as not including an MFI chip, they would not work for you, even if you obtained a 3rd-party male-lightning-to-male-microUSB cable with MFI chip soldered into it, since the cheap male-30-pin-to-female-lightning adapters are not designed to handle digital audio signals.

Finally, please understand that I am not personally confirming that the proposed connection method functions correctly with an iPhone 4 and Mojo. All I have tried to do, in this post, is draw your attention to the fact that some people (as you can see from the quotes) claim to have successfully done so, and I've then proceeded to illustrate what they probably did.

If you try this, it is at your own risk. Neither I, or Chord Electronics, are formally endorsing this method.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #21,024 of 42,765
Thanks. I've also considered this. I don't want to give up on the Mojo as well! Unfortunately, I think what I'm asking for is technically impossible: using offline Tidal/Spotify music with an external DAC.

90% of the time I use the Mojo for desktop audio but when I am on the go I use Mojo with spotify and tidal even though I know it upsamples the audio. It still makes the sound quality on bus rides highly enjoyable and is only slightly behind the bitperfect mode. A few things I have noticed when using the Mojo in upsampled mode is that the timing is just a notch behind but its less evident in pop songs. You really have to do critical listening to hear the differences but they are there. I would say that Mojo delivers atleast 95% of its potential when fed audio that is not bitperfect.

Since most people don't do critcal listening on the go it would still make sense to buy a Mojo and use it with your android phone as a secondary source when you're on the move. I wouldn't worry about it too much. But given the option, I would use the bitperfect mode everytime. 

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #21,025 of 42,765
  90% of the time I use the Mojo for desktop audio but when I am on the go I use Mojo with spotify and tidal even though I know it upsamples the audio. It still makes the sound quality on bus rides highly enjoyable and is only slightly behind the bitperfect mode. A few things I have noticed when using the Mojo in upsampled mode is that the timing is just a notch behind but its less evident in pop songs. You really have to do critical listening to hear the differences but they are there. I would say that Mojo delivers atleast 95% of its potential when fed audio that is not bitperfect.

Since most people don't do critcal listening on the go it would still make sense to buy a Mojo and use it with your android phone as a secondary source when you're on the move. I wouldn't worry about it too much. But given the option, I would use the bitperfect mode everytime. 

A very helpful post.  Thanks for this.  So to clarify, assuming my Galaxy S6 supports OTG (which I'm fairly sure it does), I can just use the native Tidal/Spotify apps to play OFFLINE Tidal/Spotify files (but with the caveat of some upsampling)?

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #21,026 of 42,765

A very helpful post.  Thanks for this.  So to clarify, assuming my Galaxy S6 supports OTG (which I'm fairly sure it does), I can just use the native Tidal/Spotify apps to play OFFLINE Tidal/Spotify files (but with the caveat of some upsampling)?

Yes you can do that. My friend has a Galaxy s6 edge and the Mojo plugged in and played right away. The differences are not big and you will easily enjoy music on the go. I only have some songs saved on my phone and when I play those songs I use UAPP to play them in bitperfect mode. Even when the music is upsampled natively I prefer Mojo to my LG V10 by a significant margin. These days I just use the V10 on the train or when I can't or won't bring Mojo with me for convience reasons.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #21,027 of 42,765
  Yes you can do that. My friend has a Galaxy s6 edge and the Mojo plugged in and played right away. The differences are not big and you will easily enjoy music on the go. I only have some songs saved on my phone and when I play those songs I use UAPP to play them in bitperfect mode. Even when the music is upsampled natively I prefer Mojo to my LG V10 by a significant margin. These days I just use the V10 on the train or when I can't or won't bring Mojo with me for convience reasons.

And just when I thought all hope was lost for me owning a Mojo!

Perhaps I'll get the Mojo now to at least get some sonic benefits and then an iPod later to get bit perfect streams.  

Thanks gain.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #21,028 of 42,765

ZX2 to Mojo.  Sounds about the same as my other sources for Mojo - Note 4, Nexus 6P, DX90.  Mojo still sounds more alive to me, but ZX2 with TRRS wins in soundstage and separation.  Strictly talking IEM's of course, ZX2 can't really handle any big cans.

Haven't tested the KSE1500 with mojo yet, will do so later.

What cable are you using to connect Mojo to Nexus 6P? I have 5X and was wondering if there are any good USB-C cables around.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #21,029 of 42,765

And just when I thought all hope was lost for me owning a Mojo!

Perhaps I'll get the Mojo now to at least get some sonic benefits and then an iPod later to get bit perfect streams.  

Thanks gain.

Sounds like a plan! When I first got the Mojo I was unknowingly feeding it upsampled data and It just BLEW ME AWAY with its sound. Goosebumps, Chills, you name it and Mojo delivered with spades! I can't say everyone will get it when they own one but that was my personal experience with it and I definitely won't ever consider selling it.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #21,030 of 42,765
  Sounds like a plan! When I first got the Mojo I was unknowingly feeding it upsampled data and It just BLEW ME AWAY with its sound. Goosebumps, Chills, you name it and Mojo delivered with spades! I can't say everyone will get it when they own one but that was my personal experience with it and I definitely won't ever consider selling it.

Nice!  And when you started giving it bit perfect data, was the difference less dramatic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back