Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 2, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #20,746 of 42,765
I thought I'd share a pic of my mobile stack (iPhone 5s > FiiO L19 cable > Chord Mojo) for those interested in stacking an iOS device with the Mojo. I used a single 3M Dual Lock outdoor 5 LB fastener strip to attach the two. It's bulky but extremely stable and a pleasure to use. I imagine the current gen iPod touch would work a little better even since the dimensions are similar but significantly thinner than the iPhone.

Note: I have not experienced issues with the FiiO L19 cable any more so than with the Apple CCK adapter. One the rare occasion the Mojo connection isn't recognized I just disconnect the cable, reconnect and all is well.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #20,747 of 42,765

Here's a little bit of Mojo eye candy too then.

Picture shows Mojo with its QED Reference Audio J2P cable which goes to the amp in my active speakers. There's showing the bottom of PC monitor, and my Meridian Explorer, just behind my Mojo.

You can see the lower part of my Q Acoustics BT3 (left) desktop speaker, which is set on bubble-wrap and foam for acoustics. It's to stop the speaker loosing energy into the desk, and therefor making the desk boom, which would muddy sound. (I need a better solution than foam though really.)

Nothing beats Blu Tack. A thick blob under each corner will hold it firmly in place and improve the sound

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #20,749 of 42,765
Fantastic pairing. Plenty of power for the ether. Let me know if you want specifics. There are a few people in this thread with the combo.

I have this combo (Mojo + Ether C 1.1) and think it's fantastic. Have the Ether Flow on order and will be upgrading my Ether C to the Flow version as well. Very excited about it.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #20,750 of 42,765
...I recommend Kimber Kable. You appear to be in the UK so I would suggest Russ Andrews: http://www.russandrews.com/eu/cables-kimber-kable-interconnects-digital-audio-interconnects-digital-coax-interconnects/

Even comes with a Mojo-Quick-Start "guide"
biggrin.gif

28099890144_9b7c5573ac_z.jpg

Kimber seems really expensive for a digital cable. I'll give it a miss.

Yes, but look - they even have it pictured with our beloved Mojo... isn't that alone worth the 90 quid???
biggrin.gif

I jest.

I started out in this crazy hobby with lots of ambition but little cash to back it up and given the somewhat shady $$$-interconnect business, I found salvation in Kimber-Kable's PBJs (Peanut Butter and Jelly) analog* interconnects. At the time, I think they went for ~ $45 for a .5m pair. I bought them during a trip to the U.S. which helped to keep the costs down
smile.gif

*Of course, it's MUCH easier to justify quality analog interconnects and a much harder battle for digital. Some (including Rob Watts, if I'm not mistaken) may agree that RF *could* still hitch a ride on the digital signal but this is certainly more a question of reasonable insulation and not a need for super-duper 110% pure OF Cu / Ag / Adamantium / Vibranium  and whatnot.
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #20,751 of 42,765
  Yes, but look - they even have it pictured with our beloved Mojo... isn't that alone worth the 90 quid???
biggrin.gif

I jest.

I started out in this crazy hobby with lots of ambition but little cash to back it up and given the somewhat shady $$$-interconnect business, I found salvation in Kimber-Kable's PBJs (Peanut Butter and Jelly) analog* interconnects. At the time, I think they went for ~ $45 for a .5m pair. I bought them during a trip to the U.S. which helped to keep the costs down
smile.gif

*Of course, it's MUCH easier to justify quality analog interconnects and a much harder battle for digital. Some (including Rob Watts, if I'm not mistaken) may agree that RF *could* still hitch a ride on the digital signal but this is certainly more a question of reasonable insulation and not a need for super-duper 110% pure OF Cu / Ag / Adamantium / Vibranium  and whatnot.
tongue.gif

I think this is the appropriate place to add a caveat.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/accessories/poor-russ-andrews

For many years Russ Andrews has been ridiculed on the What HiFi forum, because he keeps advertising expensive HiFi equipment/accessories, making claims which cannot be verified/validated. This example does date back to 2008, but his name does keep cropping up every few months. For those living outside the UK, the ASA was the Advertising Standards Authority.

Some people swear by his products, others swear at them, so you must make your own mind up - it is your money.

Aug 2, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #20,752 of 42,765
...For many years Russ Andrews has been ridiculed on the What HiFi forum, because he keeps advertising expensive HiFi equipment/accessories, making claims which cannot be verified/validated. This example does date back to 2008, but his name does keep cropping up every few months. For those living outside the UK, the ASA was the Advertising Standards Authority... Some people swear by his products, others swear at them, so you must make your own mind up - it is your money.

Sorry to hear that.

But just to be clear, I am backing Kimber Kable's products, not Russ Andrews. Kimber Kable is a U.S. based company but I am fairly certain "distributors" like Russ Andrews are responsible for selecting the length of the interconnect (or speaker wire, etc.) and terminating them with KK connectors (and finishing it up with OEM KK heat-shrink wrap).

By all means, if interested in KK, one should select their preferred distributor / seller:
http://www.kimber.com/wheretobuy/

Having said that, Russ Andrews sell their own power cords but Kimber Kable is Kimber Kable at the end of the day
beerchug.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #20,753 of 42,765
  Sorry to hear that.

But just to be clear, I am backing Kimber Kable's products, not Russ Andrews. Kimber Kable is a U.S. based company but I am fairly certain "distributors" like Russ Andrews are responsible for selecting the length of the interconnect (or speaker wire, etc.) and terminating them with KK connectors (and finishing it up with OEM KK heat-shrink wrap).

By all means, if interested in KK, one should select their preferred distributor / seller:
http://www.kimber.com/wheretobuy/

Having said that, Russ Andrews sell their own power cords but Kimber Kable is Kimber Kable at the end of the day
beerchug.gif

That has clarified things. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #20,754 of 42,765
I have this combo (Mojo + Ether C 1.1) and think it's fantastic. Have the Ether Flow on order and will be upgrading my Ether C to the Flow version as well. Very excited about it.

I'm thinking of pulling the plug and going with the Ether C Flow.. I'm just worried that it will underwhelm me. I think if it retains the magic if Ether 1.1 but with more bass slam and a little more warmth I could be sold. Its just that its so expensive and my Fostex ThX00 with Alpha pads do such a fine job for less than 1/4 the price.

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #20,756 of 42,765
My Mojo arrived today and it sounds amazing. I have it plugged into my Intel NUC mini-PC via USB just now and it is playing through my Sennheiser 565 Ovation headphones. The clarity and separation of instruments is breathtaking. It sounds very musical and is a pleasure to listen to.

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #20,757 of 42,765
  My Mojo arrived today and it sounds amazing. I have it plugged into my Intel NUC mini-PC via USB just now and it is playing through my Sennheiser 565 Ovation headphones. The clarity and separation of instruments is breathtaking. It sounds very musical and is a pleasure to listen to.

Welcome to the party - you will have much fun listening to music using mojo.

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #20,758 of 42,765

I think this is the appropriate place to add a caveat.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/accessories/poor-russ-andrews

For many years Russ Andrews has been ridiculed on the What HiFi forum, because he keeps advertising expensive HiFi equipment/accessories, making claims which cannot be verified/validated. This example does date back to 2008, but his name does keep cropping up every few months. For those living outside the UK, the ASA was the Advertising Standards Authority.

Some people swear by his products, others swear at them, so you must make your own mind up - it is your money.

Yes, way back over a decade ago i used to buy Russ Andrews stuff, and would enjoy browsing his catalogue. But sooner or later you realise that even if some of the items he sells do improve sound slightly, they come at a huge cost! And I personally do not believe the cost is justified.

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #20,759 of 42,765
Hello, does the Ether C midrange sound cold or analytical at all? I prefer warmth than neutral/more details.

You'll want the ETHER C Flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back