Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 31, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #20,716 of 42,765
How did we end up writing about fruit pies? pmsl 
What? Fruit pies? yummy. Be messy plugging Mojo in to that though.

Well at least it's better than what happened in that famous apple pie scene from the teen flick "American Pie" ...remember that lol.
"We'll just tell your mom that we ate it all" lmao .. could there have been any dad better than Eugene Levy for that series ... Like really...his comedic brilliance nailed it.

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #20,717 of 42,765
  How did we end up writing about fruit pies? pmsl 
  Guys, I have just bought a Mojo and was wondering if you could recommend the best way to connect it up. I intend to use it in my bedroom for listening to headphones, but am planning on storing my music of a NAS and using a Raspberry Pi as a streamer. How would i go about sending the digital signal from the Pi to the Mojo?

What? Fruit pies? yummy. Be messy plugging Mojo in to that though.

Here's something 'Jammy' you can safely feed Mojo:

I already did, and Mojo drives the bassline superbly (I hope you like jammin', too..!)

beerchug.gif

Aug 1, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #20,719 of 42,765
Swiss National Day - a little present for you.

I made a Mojo SD card adapter thanks to my new 3D printer. Was a bit tricky to find the right measurements for the top plate/plugs. It's a USB hub/SD Card reader that works fine with Android:

You can print it yourself, need some soldering experience, find the infos here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1698550

would be fun to see other adapters for the mojo, have fun.

Aug 1, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #20,720 of 42,765
Here's a little bit of Mojo eye candy too then.

Picture shows Mojo with its QED Reference Audio J2P cable which goes to the amp in my active speakers. There's showing the bottom of PC monitor, and my Meridian Explorer, just behind my Mojo.

You can see the lower part of my Q Acoustics BT3 (left) desktop speaker, which is set on bubble-wrap and foam for acoustics. It's to stop the speaker loosing energy into the desk, and therefor making the desk boom, which would muddy sound. (I need a better solution than foam though really.)

blu tak is your friend

Aug 1, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #20,721 of 42,765

I made a Mojo SD card adapter thanks to my new 3D printer. Was a bit tricky to find the right measurements for the top plate/plugs. It's a USB hub/SD Card reader that works fine with Android:

Hahaha very nice. happy listening :D

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #20,722 of 42,765

kudos...i have a strong feeling we're going to see something very similar from chord, released soon enough.

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #20,723 of 42,765
I've tried everything, this phone definitely does not have USB out. Does you or anyone have a list of cellphones with USB out so I can narrow my search. The goal is to buy the cheapest Android device with USB out so I can use my Tidal offline with the Mojo.
Thanks in advance!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #20,725 of 42,765
Hi Mython,

I'm using the mojo with Mac mini. I read about audioquest, Supra but do they sound different or superior than the other?

I have also read about the Lifatec Silflex Glass optical? Do you guys have any experience with them?

Regards Wayne

the lifatec silflex is the best sounding I have used and I have several glass and quite a few plastic.  Works ok with mini, but gets it pants blown off by usb.  Toslink on a mini is last resort, imho

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #20,726 of 42,765
Nice! I'm also making a move from Bifrost Uber to Mojo, although I'm keeping mine for the time being so I can hook my speakers up to my television.
How would you compare Bifrost MB to Mojo?

Read my bimby review on my blog and note the parts mentioned that were not quite up to par for me.  The Mojo sounds quite different, basically being more open and clear.  Not sure about the depth with speaker setup yet, waiting for a good mini cable to arrive.  All the tests I have done using adapters and cheap cables give cheap results so far with the Mojo. 

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #20,727 of 42,765

the lifatec silflex is the best sounding I have used and I have several glass and quite a few plastic.  Works ok with mini, but gets it pants blown off by usb.  Toslink on a mini is last resort, imho

I'll second the Lifatec recommendation.

They're sensibly priced, and easily out-spec even the highest-end AudioQuest cables (and they measure much better too ... well beyond their spec).

I'll disagree on the optical/USB point though, at least out of my 2012 Mac Mini ... USB is, so far, always my last-resort ... unless you need higher than 24/96, since you can't do that out of the Mini via TOSLINK.  This does, of course, depend on other parts of the system and how they've implemented their USB interfaces.  But that's just for me, in my system.

Aug 1, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #20,728 of 42,765

Here's a little bit of Mojo eye candy too then.

Picture shows Mojo with its QED Reference Audio J2P cable which goes to the amp in my active speakers. There's showing the bottom of PC monitor, and my Meridian Explorer, just behind my Mojo.

You can see the lower part of my Q Acoustics BT3 (left) desktop speaker, which is set on bubble-wrap and foam for acoustics. It's to stop the speaker loosing energy into the desk, and therefor making the desk boom, which would muddy sound. (I need a better solution than foam though really.)

You really need to get the woofer higher off the desk to minimize lumpy bass response.  And here is a cheap solution.

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/7637/dektop-pics/

Aug 1, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #20,730 of 42,765

You really need to get the woofer higher off the desk to minimize lumpy bass response.  And here is a cheap solution.

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/7637/dektop-pics/

Love the industrial look 
etysmile.gif
- don't try this at home or else!!!
confused.gif

Another option is to use 3 steel nuts under each speaker (as in nuts and bolts) with some blutac on both sides of the nut.

This helps to isolate the speaker from the desk or speaker stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back