1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. miketlse
    which model is that?

2. opienor
    Anybody using the Mojo with a Sony Xperia X Performance?
    I recently made the switch from Iphone 5s to Android and thought using USB DAC´s with Android was easy (maybe it is), but I have found no way to get the phone to recognize the Mojo as a DAC. Just installed USB Audio Player Pro and it doesnt recognize the Mojo either. I have searched the phone settings menu without finding anything regarding OTG.
    The Mojo plays audio through Tidal and the phone´s music app, but the point is of course to stream bit perfect and "untouched" audio files to it.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: by the way I´m using the Moon Audio Black Dragon formfit OTG cable.

3. miketlse

It can use a 200Gb SD card, so that is interesting.

Simple questions first:
    1 - is the phone OTG enabled? OTG is required to work with external DACs.
    2 - are you using an OTG cable? OTG cable is required.
    3 - if 2 is yes, then have you plugged the correct end into your phone? OTG cables are directional, in that one plug has 4 pins connected, and the other has 5 pins connected. The correct plug must be connected into your phone.

4. jmills8

20160404_184026.jpg

20160401_185431.jpg

Mate 8 connects the Mojo to every music app.

5. opienor

Thanks for your input!

Now this is a head scratcher: I just tried connecting them once more, and now (5th attempt maybe?) the Mojo suddenly was recognized as a USB unit and the USB Audio Player Pro works like a charm. The Moon Audio cable seems to work fine both ways (tried switching it around).
    I made no changes in the phone´s settings menu. Something magical just happened automatically:)

6. miketlse
    Sometimes things need to be done in a specific sequence, in order to recognise the dac and establish the signal connection.

KT66 and opienor like this.
  7. KT66
    I found with my Z5 that they had to be plugged in and switched on in a certain order for it to work.

opienor and miketlse like this.
  8. GreenBow

Is there a significance with having no optical. I assume Optical will do bitperfect. Are you postulating whether it will run bitperfect through micro-USB? Or do you know it won't please?

EDIT: I am googling, "how to get android phone to play bit perfect through usb".

(Please note I did go to the third post. To see if I could find a link to determine what a phone needs to run the Mojo and bitperfect. I didn't find a link. I am looking again.)

I am sort of on the lookout for a phone for myself. I only have a very old handset that is not capable of storing any files really. I would like a newer phone with a better camera. My attention was caught by this one because Which? said it has excellent battery life. That's why I put it up here to hopefully get some ideas, for me or anyone else looking.

In the end though I think I am waiting for the SD-card module, but I don't know. It may be a ridiculously expensive module. Plus I still really sort of want a new phone. Talk about being indecisive.

9. opienor

Thanks to both of you. Yes that definitely seems to be the case here. Couldn´t find an answer to my issue on the internet, but you can always trust the knowledge of Head-Fi:)

10. miketlse

Read the section 'starting the app'
    http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/2015-07-22-12-01-14/usb-audio-driver

The links to a lot of useful UAPP info are found in post #3

11. opienor
  12. Mojo ideas
    oops defined! I know sorry I often press the button too early without checking what I'd just written

13. sheldaze
    Wow - a while ago.

Gumby for dedicated (3 or 4 amplifiers, and having multiple analog and XLR outputs assists with this), Mojo for everything else - Mojo even for the occasional local meet, where the pain of traveling with a UPS is too much. And definitely Mojo for travel.

14. silvrr
    Some Mojo eye candy for the thread.

IMG_5929-Edit.jpg

IMG_5966-Edit.jpg

Traveller, EagleWings and opienor like this.
  15. jarnopp
    Nice!