Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 13, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #19,876 of 42,765
Thanks for your clear explanation. So I can use either TRRS to TS cable or TRRS to TRS cable to connect FiiO X3ii and Mojo, right?

To be absolutely clear, not in stock form for a regular TRRS to TRS. You need a custom cable made to make sure the wires are soldered properly. Dyson Audio will know what to do.

Here is the pin-out for my cable for the X5ii to Mojo using the coaxial out of the FiiO DAP:

Again, if you want right angle connectors and the metal TRS plug looks better to you then you just have to specify that and Dyson Audio will be able to solder it properly.

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #19,877 of 42,765
Jul 13, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #19,878 of 42,765
  So the balanced connector is different from A&K?

A&K and many other recent DAPs use a TRRS pin config to do Balanced for Headphone Out. So the TRRS pin config is something like this:

T - Left +
R - Right +
R - Left -
S - Right -

The TRRS socket in the Fiio X3ii, X5ii and X7 double as both Line Out port(Analog Out to Amps) and Co-Axial Out port(Digital Out to DACs). The TRRS pin config for these devices is like this:

T - Left Analog Out
R - Right Analog Out 
R - Ground
S - Coax Signal

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #19,880 of 42,765
Perhaps slightly off topic - so what is the point of releasing the Hugo TT when Dave is just slightly more expensive?

More than double the price is "slightly"? C'mon. :rolleyes:

TT was released to satisfy Hugo fans who wanted a more robust desktop solution. DAVE was available later as Rob's end game DAC.

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #19,881 of 42,765
depending on your dap, it might work. for first gen fiio x players, it could, but for my x5ii it wont, it needs trrs to mono

Yes It works on my dap.
I am currently using it with the fiio L17 right angle.

Correct me if I am wrong as I unable to go through every page of this mojo topic, but it seems like mojo hv weak jacks.
With most plug protruding out, they put stress on the jacks when it is used on the go. I read issues with the usb Jack. For me it's the coaxial Jack.
This is my 2nd time RMA the mojo due to mojo losing signal from the dap while I am on the move, with the stack inside my backpack.

So now I am looking for some 'flat' plugs to avoid the problem.
If not I think I will need to sell off the next rma unit since its not suitable to be use on the go for my situation.

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #19,882 of 42,765
Anyone have the fostex-th600 paired with mojo? Does mojo power it well in synergy, does it have enough juice to get thr best out of th600.? For electronic music and old and modern pop is it a good combo? Mainly I'm looking for clarity and resolution

I use it with my th900 and absolutely love it. Best it's ever sounded. Not exactly what you were looking for but close. Especially with those genres.

I use mine with X00s and can tell the same as warrior1975.

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #19,884 of 42,765
More than double the price is "slightly"? C'mon. :rolleyes:

TT was released to satisfy Hugo fans who wanted a more robust desktop solution. DAVE was available later as Rob's end game DAC.
"end game" ? Nope the game never ends unless death, broke or loss of hearing.

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #19,886 of 42,765
"end game" ? Nope the game never ends unless death, broke or loss of hearing.

Given the price, I suspect going broke isn't an issue if you buy the DAVE. Then again by the time most of us can afford one hearing loss will likely have already kicked in. You can't win.

:wink_face:

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #19,888 of 42,765
Given the price, I suspect going broke isn't an issue if you buy the DAVE. Then again by the time most of us can afford one hearing loss will likely have already kicked in. You can't win.

wink_face.gif

I am curious whether my Esoteric K-01 (which is even more expensive than the Dave) sounds better.  I guess details vs musicality. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #19,889 of 42,765
Also - although at totally different price points - I would appreciate if anyone with BOTH the Dave and the Yggdrasil can compare and comment - after all, the latter is said to be comparable to DACs of many times its price, but I have been seriously in doubt.

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #19,890 of 42,765
Also - although at totally different price points - I would appreciate if anyone with BOTH the Dave and the Yggdrasil can compare and comment - after all, the latter is said to be comparable to DACs of many times its price, but I have been seriously in doubt.

In the DAVE thread....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back