Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #1,968 of 42,765
If I already received my Mojo, is it the 1st batch?

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #1,969 of 42,765
  I really wish Chord words on some after market cables to go along with its product. There was rumours that they were going to work with chord electronics (which are local to them) but nothing came out of it.

Chord Cable Co. is not a part of Chord Electronics, my apologies for the correction but best to clarify imo.

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #1,971 of 42,765
Lol first time I heard people saying Mojo is entry level sound, seriously if Mojo is entry level I doubt many dap is high end sound already.

That's exactly what I thought. If all those ak and zx2 user users are believing it's an improvement, entry sound has reached a brand new level :D

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #1,973 of 42,765
That's exactly what I thought. If all those ak and zx2 user users are believing it's an improvement, entry sound has reached a brand new level :D
More so, in that case today's entry level is yesterday upper midrange level, happy days for the consumer :)

I've just scared myself working out how much I've spent on portable gear (as an overall, not just what I walk around with) in the past 12 months... Could've saved so much money had I known what was coming out :wink:

Still the funniest moment for me recently was seeing a 2nd hand relatively decent E class Mercedes for sale for less than what I paid for my IEMs, that tells me there is something inherently wrong with the market, which by the looks of it, Chord are trying to redress.

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #1,975 of 42,765
  next up 'Clash of the Titans'... Mojo v Hugo v TT v Dave.

thats like comparing a sports car to a  purpose built track car and then comparing that to an LMP1 sports prototype.

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #1,976 of 42,765

Chord Cable Co. is not a part of Chord Electronics, my apologies for the correction but best to clarify imo.

O yea chord cable, that is what they are called. I think most know they are two different company but you guys are both in one country, it should be hard to collaborate. 

I swear I saw a post last year on their page saying that there was going to be a collaboration between the two to bring certain items to fit chord hugo. 
edit: here is the one of the links http://www.chord.co.uk/blog/chord-cables-and-the-chord-electronics-hugo-dac/

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #1,977 of 42,765
i would say. The way the information is transmited. I was skeptical until i tried it. U need to try to believe
As I mentioned in an earlier post, where this gets very complicated is if the source you're using can be EQ'd via its digital output, if it can then even if EQ is switched off, you're still getting the flavour of the source sent to your DAC...

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #1,979 of 42,765
  I'm finding my Mojo a bit of a pain with Windows (10) and wonder if a fellow Windows user could confirm if what I'm seeing is normal?

I have my Mojo connected via USB and when I view audio devices in the Sound tab I see 'Chord Async USB 44.1 kHz-768kHz' as the default device so that looks okay. However, when I right click and select 'properties' and then 'supported formats'  the only sample rates I can select are 44.1, 48.0, 88.2 & 96.0 kHz. Does that look right or should I be seeing 192 kHz and upwards too?

I've also selected the default format from the 'Advanced' tab as 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality) as most of the files I'll be using will be CD's or from Tidal. Correctly the red light displays on the Mojo.

If I try and play some HD Tracks samplers (88.2, 96, 176, 192 kHz etc.) using Foobar the bitrate light stays fixed at red unless I set the default format to something higher. Switching to 2 channel, 24 bit, 192000 Hz for instance correctly turns the light blue. I had hoped that by doing this the I would then see the light change depending on the bitrate of the incoming file but irrespective of what bitrate of file I play the light on the Mojo remains blue. Is there a way to get the Mojo / or PC to avoid up-sampling, which I presume is what's happening, all material to 192 kHz or do I need to manually set the default format each time?

I also tried playing a DSD 64 file (.dsf) but got an unsupported format message. Perhaps that's one for another day though...walk before you can run etc. :wink:

Thanks very much for any help. Happy to add some screen grabs if that helps.

Edit: should add that I unzipped & installed Chord's Windows driver + the ASIO 64 (iirc) add-on before attaching the Mojo to my PC.

I found opposite. I installed the Chord driver and shows new Audio Device & in properties/Advanced shows everything from 2 channel 16/44,000 to 32/384,000.

I did try Foobar2000 and got dsf files playing via headphone out but then couldn't be bothered to spend time getting correct out via the DAC with some add-ins so I purchased the JRiver software (only £33) and that works perfectly especially after setting Bitstreaming for DSD.  My XPS13 with 1TB and JRiver is now my home player (Note4 with 128SD/Mojo portable use). Not interference of any kind via USB connection with both.

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #1,980 of 42,765
Burning in 10 hours, find that soundstage on Mojo opened up. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back