Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 24, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #19,096 of 42,765
Isit just me or does mojo make your music take on a live sound? I swear my music (which varies across alot of genres) has a live quality to it. It sounds as though the singers are performing a perfect live rendition? It's hard for a noob such as myself but it sounds superb... chad kroeger voice out of nickelback sounds immense as do so many others

Jun 24, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #19,097 of 42,765
Isit just me or does mojo make your music take on a live sound? I swear my music (which varies across alot of genres) has a live quality to it. It sounds as though the singers are performing a perfect live rendition? It's hard for a noob such as myself but it sounds superb... chad kroeger voice out of nickelback sounds immense as do so many others

This may be partly due to Rob's 'WTA' (Watts Transient-Aligned) filtering, in his current line of DACs. The timing of reverberations and subtle resonances, transients, micro-dynamics, etc. is greatly improved, thus leading to music subjectively taking-on a greater and more natural sense of realism.

Glad you are enjoying your Mojo!
beerchug.gif

I made a remark, many moons ago, about Hugo, which seems to be true for you, with Mojo:

A friendly word of advice:   Clear your schedule for Saturday, because you'll be sleeping all day, having stayed awake all night, listening to most of your music collection, anew, with the Hugo, until daybreak on Saturday morning.

Ask me how I know this will happen
etysmile.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #19,098 of 42,765
This may be partly due to Rob's 'WTA' (Watts Transient-Aligned) filtering, in his current line of DACs. The timing of reverberations and subtle resonances, transients, micro-dynamics, etc. is greatly improved, thus leading to music subjectively taking-on a greater and more natural sense of realism.

Glad you are enjoying your Mojo! :beerchug:

I made a remark, many moons ago, about Hugo, which seems to be true for you, with Mojo:
your spot on, I thought maybe it was just me. The more songs im listening to the better the sound is getting lol.

Alot of the songs sound different to when you hear them on the radio. If I close my eyes I can picture the artist in the booth actually singing into the mic or playing the guitar.

A few months ago I bought the mojo and posted in here that I couldnt tell the difference between it and my current set up etc. NOW I can tell the difference and understand others comments better since I upgraded my IEM's and listening through Tidal hifi.

Only thing Ive noticed is I get an EMI interference sound between songs which is prominent. Whether its the wifi in my house im not sure but if theres a way to reduce it that would be great...

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #19,099 of 42,765
One thing you can try is applying a small ferrite choke to your interconnect cable, between your transport and Mojo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clip-On-EMI-RFI-Noise-Ferrite-Beads-Split-Core-Choke-Clip-Filter-5MM-USB-Cable-/281961820637

(make sure you choose one with a core diameter suited to the thickness of your cable)  - you might already have one you can borrow from an old USB cable

Obviously, ferrite chokes are not relevant if you use an optical cable!
wink_face.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #19,100 of 42,765
  One thing you can try is applying a small ferrite choke to your interconnect cable, between your transport and Mojo...

A ferrite choke helps me reduce noise quite a bit, the other thing that really helps is to stretch the usb cable out to a straight line so that the mojo is as far from my phone as possible. Obviously that's not going to work if you have the two in your pocket, but sitting on the desk it's pretty easy to do. 

gary

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #19,101 of 42,765
I have to agree on the WTA filter. Going the road untraveled to better sound is what has made Mr. Rob Watts and Mike Moffat so successful. They were able to deliver superior filtering which makes up a big chunk of the music experience. Ringing, post ringing, phase accuracy, etc. etc. is why off-the-shelf chips sound like off the shelf chips until they've corrected these problems.

Usually cheap filters don't do this well enough or Parks-McClellan and a DAC with a selection of multiple filters is kind of intimidating. It's like.. can't you just get one filter right? I don't need 10.

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #19,102 of 42,765
Jun 24, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #19,103 of 42,765
Jun 24, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #19,104 of 42,765
your spot on, I thought maybe it was just me. The more songs im listening to the better the sound is getting lol.

Alot of the songs sound different to when you hear them on the radio. If I close my eyes I can picture the artist in the booth actually singing into the mic or playing the guitar.

A few months ago I bought the mojo and posted in here that I couldnt tell the difference between it and my current set up etc. NOW I can tell the difference and understand others comments better since I upgraded my IEM's and listening through Tidal hifi.

Only thing Ive noticed is I get an EMI interference sound between songs which is prominent. Whether its the wifi in my house im not sure but if theres a way to reduce it that would be great...

Mojo paints a moving picture inside one's head. Whether the recording has a plethora of instruments all playing at the same time, or singers taking turn singing their part of the song, Mojo conveys their presense in a movie like way that keeps you imerssed and addicted. It has given me goosebumps countless times.

The one thing that takes you out of the illusion is EMI and RFI. There have been many instances where I have been immersed and enjoying the music until suddenly I receive a new email and hear static running into my iems. As others have stated, you can put your phone on airplane mode and all would be fine. Except that there are many of us who have Tidal or Spotify accounts and enjoy discovering new music. If you have an android player as a source then you must choice between having airplane mode turned on and android natively upsampling your music thus comprimising the timing integrity or tolerate RFI noise. None are adequete and both are a compromise.  

I'm using a Lifeatek optical cable and running that from my pc. I experience no RFI and am consistently happy with the music. This way I could have my cake and eat it too!
darthsmile.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #19,105 of 42,765
If any of you have a particular favourite album, that comes to life through Mojo, please consider adding it to Peter's thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/802832/mojos-greatest-hits

Jun 24, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #19,107 of 42,765
All I have is me and my Mojo....

My wife made be dump my stereo amplifier and speakers, DVD player, and desktop set up (Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Vali, LH Labs Geek Pulse Sfi) in a closet...

She hates cables more than she loves me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back