1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. betula
     I own Mojo for half year now. Been using it almost daily. I love the sound, the natural, effortless smoothness they provide, while keeping all the details.
     But men are men, we will never stop wondering, whether something could be improved or not, even if we couldn't be happier at the moment.
    To treat this bug, I found Mojo to be a good cure so far.
     Every once in a while I get the chance to listen to other amps/DACs, in Mojo's price range. (+/- 50%)
    And every time I get back to my Mojo I realize, the sound I hear is just at least twice as better as anything else out there in this price category. 

2. maxh22
    What amp do you have it paired with?

3. tretneo
    My home office listening station... Mojo is right at home with my HE560s and Ether C.

IMG_0035.jpg

maxh22 likes this.
  4. maxh22
    I recently heard the Ether C at the NY headfi meet and really really liked them! They sounded so fast and smooth! I was listening to a guitar song with fast transients and the Ether C reproduced it immaculately. But ofcourse it was driven by the Cavalli Crimson Fire and Auralic Vega so they played a huge part in it's sound. I actually prefered the Closed version over the Open. Not sure whether to get the HD 800S or the Ether C because I like both of them a lot.

5. Super Pang
    Got my case today. Nice work Chord! Lovely little thing.

6. Delayeed
    I run the Ether C + Mojo and the pairing is just insanely good, never fatiguing yet effortless details and very smooth.
    The imaging is also really solid and precise.

7. Mython Contributor

8. simonm

One's a desktop amp.  One isn't.  I suppose they can be compared for being a similar price but Mojo is remarkable for what it does in an ultra-portable, battery-driven form factor I can put in my pocket and take anywhere.

Wow Chord really abandoned its cool, futuristic, alien organic design language with that TToby!

9. theveterans
    Schiit Asgard 2. It excels best with low impedance, low sensitivity headphones like planars and AKGs.

10. PrinceOfEgypt
    Guys silly question...
    I connected my Mojo to my Samsung S7 and opened USB player audio pro...i get the error 'error initalizing usb system'

Any ideas please?

Thanks

11. Mython Contributor

First thing I'd check is if you have the USB OTG cable the right way around - the OTG end of the cable should be inserted into the phone.

12. PrinceOfEgypt
    I have the moon audio cable and both ends look the same?

13. Mython Contributor

Just swap the orientation, to see if it helps.

If it doesn't, then that's one thing eliminated and you can consider some other potential cause [​IMG]

14. PrinceOfEgypt
    tried that too...no joy :frowning2:

15. Mython Contributor
    BTW, I don't mean this insultingly, at all, but can you check you are definitely using the data-input socket on Mojo, and not accidentally using the charging socket? (easy mistake to make)