Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 18, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #18,827 of 42,765
it's so annoying....

it's so annoying that Mojo is THAT good.

My other DAC/Amps costs a lot more...

Mojo sounds better.

haha.

that proves 1 thing, price =/= awesomeness

Jun 18, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #18,828 of 42,765
The inside is velour, followed by a hard plastic body, at the ends around the openings it is coated with a rubbery material to act like a bumper and the central strip with the logo is leather. Feels like a very well thought out design which should make the already tank like Mojo even more protected. Hope that helps.

Mine sharing your experiences regarding the heat of MoJo with the case? Thanks! Not now of course, give it a few days trial and see how the MoJo heats up easily when using/charging with the casing on. Would love to know how fast it heats up and how hot it gets. 

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #18,829 of 42,765
Mine sharing your experiences regarding the heat of MoJo with the case? Thanks! Not now of course, give it a few days trial and see how the MoJo heats up easily when using/charging with the casing on. Would love to know how fast it heats up and how hot it gets. 

Not the same user but here are some impressions of the official Chord case. The second link is their report on the heat.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/18555#post_12639924

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/18570#post_12644378

No new version of Mojo, it's just the official Case from Chord.

Last night I had Mojo running inside the case connected to my Riva turbo x, I ran it 5 clicks down from line level and after several hours the case was only a little bit warm... So good news for all of you fearing to get burned by Mojo :wink:

Cheers

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #18,830 of 42,765

Well I use my Mojo in my pocket on my commute to work during the week so I will report back Tuesday next week after I have had time to use it thoroughly. During my commute over the time I have owned my Mojo (was one of the first to get it and got it during the first week of release) it has only over heated once as far as I can remember which was because I was holding it in my hand using my phone on a very hot day (+30°C); whenever it is in my pocket it gets warm but never shuts down. 

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #18,831 of 42,765
The inside is velour, followed by a hard plastic body, at the ends around the openings it is coated with a rubbery material to act like a bumper and the central strip with the logo is leather. Feels like a very well thought out design which should make the already tank like Mojo even more protected. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the detailed information, i think i will stick with my Dignis leather case as for me it seems more elegant. Cheers

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #18,832 of 42,765
it's so annoying....

Mojo sounds better.

haha.

Schiit's Bifrost Multibit sounds better or more natural than Mojo IMO. In my ears, Mojo can't touch Schiit's 3D holographic imaging and depth.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #18,833 of 42,765

it's so annoying....

Mojo sounds better.

haha.

Schiit's Bifrost Multibit sounds better or more natural than Mojo IMO. In my ears, Mojo can't touch Schiit's 3D holographic imaging and depth.

It's certainly interesting that different people hear audio equipment differently (and there will always be the confounding variable of different people using different transducers, be they fullsize loudspeakers, cans, IEMs or CIEMs, and sometimes using additional amplification).

I believe you are sincere in your remarks, but I also believe others are sincere in their remarks, too:

I've had the Mojo for two days now and here's are my impressions compared to the Bimby (Bifrost Multibit).
I used the line out of the Mojo to Gustard H10 with JH13pro and Grado GH1.

At first they sounded similar, similar tonality, presentation and similar details. But there was still something more about the Mojo. Upon further listening this is the difference, focus. What do I mean? It's like the lens of a camera.
With the Bimby I see everything but it's a little out of focus. It's slightly blurry. Therefore, the Bimby sounds soft and warmer compared to the Mojo. The Mojo on the other hand is like a camera lens perfectly focused. No blur at all. It's clear and clean.
In this way, the Mojo compare to the Bimby sounds more colder and clinical. Not in a harsh way but it the sense that it's more transparent--more focused. 

Honestly, this little Mojo as a Dac is amazing. The imaging and resolving power is astounding. 

So, it really comes down to a situation where it's best to audition both pieces of gear, if possible, in order to make a decision with which one will find longterm happiness.

And, of course, it is only fair to consider the size of a DAC-Amp - Mojo is truly tiny by comparison with a desktop device like the Bifrost Multibit.

Jun 18, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #18,834 of 42,765

To each of our own.

I agree with your impressions as well. It's just I use a bright headphone (AKG K712) and Bimby clearly pairs better with it, hence the more natural sounding impression than Mojo as a DAC.

Both of those DACs punches above their price points anyway. Synergy with other components plays a huge role as usual.

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #18,836 of 42,765
I love my Mojo !!!
Sounds damn good !!!

OeuI0ms.jpg

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #18,838 of 42,765
  For any of you who haven't seen this:

https://vimeo.com/166570561

Yes, so...on my wish list is:

Second mojo for wife;

DAVE for me, DAVE for my kids, and even a DAVE for Mython for his labors at post #3 and organizing all the educational info from Rob.  

TTOBY 

My wife will have to cut back, and sacrifice and simply share DAVE with me.  We do draw a line somewhere.  Mojo's only failure?  My old audience recordings of Dylan's Never Ending Tour!  Unless it is soundboard, Mojo exposes all the flaws in the audience recordings!  Once I grew accustomed to marvelous detail, I did not want to hear anything less.

*but the only thing on order is the Mojo case!   I hope delivery to the US is soon.  

Is the case leather, or plastic?  I see that the handle is leather, but is the case, itself leather?  

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #18,840 of 42,765

To confirm, either Xperia does both of what you ask. Nowadays they run Android 6

Thanks!

I see you own both, are you liking them together? I thinking of getting the Mojo and Xperia Z5/Z3 compact. I use a iPhone for my phone so I never really keep up with Android, my Wife has a Galaxy S6 but this does not have a mSD slot. My only purpose for the Xperia would be a source for the Mojo only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back