Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 9, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #18,556 of 42,765
Hey Ho...
Well excuse the picture quality, but I had little time in my lunch break... Anyway look what waited for me...

The case fits perfectly and has a nice soft feel to it.
I would call it a Rubber case wearing a nice leather suit... And I mean nice leather, first I thought there were no leather at all, because the structure of the leather is so fine that it almost fits the structure of the rubber...poor baby cows :)
There is no artificial smell to it, like one could expect from a rubber case, with a nice soft touch.

So much for first impressions.
The inside is made of grey, soft suede... So more leather :wink:

Cheers

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #18,557 of 42,765
Hey Ho...
Well excuse the picture quality, but I had little time in my lunch break... Anyway look what waited for me...

The case fits perfectly and has a nice soft feel to it.
I would call it a Rubber case wearing a nice leather suit... And I mean nice leather, first I thought there were no leather at all, because the structure of the leather is so fine that it almost fits the structure of the rubber...poor baby cows :)
There is no artificial smell to it, like one could expect from a rubber case, with a nice soft touch.

So much for first impressions.

Cheers

Nice. Thanks for sharing this. Now I can't wait for my case to arrive.

Jun 9, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #18,558 of 42,765
Listening to Damien Rice - B-Sides - Delicate via Mojo and Sony MDR Z7.

Wow!!

Though I wish people in the crowd would stop fidgeting, I keep looking to my right expecting my wife to be standing there.

Meant ot be working but I am sitting here with my eyes closed listening haha.

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #18,559 of 42,765
  Listening to Damien Rice - B-Sides - Delicate via Mojo and Sony MDR Z7.

Wow!!

Though I wish people in the crowd would stop fidgeting, I keep looking to my right expecting my wife to be standing there.

Meant ot be working but I am sitting here with my eyes closed listening haha.

Sony MDR Z7 Vs. HD650, who will win ?

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #18,560 of 42,765

If I could only have 1, HD650 overall.

However they are both very easy listening headphones with very different sounds overall.

Both have a big bottom end, the z7 being bigger bottom end with deeper bass and the HD650 having a mid bass hump.

The mid range on the HD650 is thicker and more textured, with the z7 being thin at times.

The HD650 highs are dark and smooth but detailed.  The z7 highs are similarly thinner, and while probably less detailed the thinner sound makes them come across sharper sometimes.

THis is just my take, others have different opinions.

I actually find the z7 sounds more grand in its presentation than the HD650, sure the HD650 is open, but the z7 sounds like a concert hall.

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #18,561 of 42,765

If I could only have 1, HD650 overall.

However they are both very easy listening headphones with very different sounds overall.

Both have a big bottom end, the z7 being bigger bottom end with deeper bass and the HD650 having a mid bass hump.

The mid range on the HD650 is thicker and more textured, with the z7 being thin at times.

The HD650 highs are dark and smooth but detailed.  The z7 highs are similarly thinner, and while probably less detailed the thinner sound makes them come across sharper sometimes.

THis is just my take, others have different opinions.

I actually find the z7 sounds more grand in its presentation than the HD650, sure the HD650 is open, but the z7 sounds like a concert hall.

Thank you for quick reply and such detailed comparison.
For time being, i can stick to my Mojo + HD650 :)

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #18,562 of 42,765
I am mainly into speaker system. when I bought Hugo I thought to give headphones a try so I bought shure srh940 which was a very good match . them I bought beyerdynamic dt880 600ohm version thinking that it would use the high voltage output of Hugo better ( I have fiio x3 2k which does not have enough output) then mojo released which o bought too as it offered mobility. since then I am using beyerdynamic dt880 600ohm with mojo and i would say this under $1000 combo (mojo and Beyer) is the best thing imho one can have for the price. I have used the combo for everything right from jazz to classical to Indian classical and movies , it does the magic with all. right now I am planning to make 8ohm 4inch full range driver diy speakers for directly driving through mojo's output. there may not be high volume but for transparenc's sake this can be a very good idea.

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #18,563 of 42,765
Oh.. No doubt about that.. But by then, there will be a new toy in the size of Mojo, with much better performance, may be from Chord themselves and, we'll be back to square one :wink: .. Just saying .. 

Then We'll need to get Chord into Cyber enhancements, just to upgrade the relevant part of our ears and brain to appreciate how good the next thing actually is!

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #18,564 of 42,765
my mojo will be in the mail shortly.

question: for those using windows on their home desktop/laptop rigs, any enhancing music software to best enjoy the mojo?
I use windows...not mac.

i'm just exploring this now and have read from one poster who feels that the mojo works best with bit perfect sources of music....
i'm streaming thru spotify 320 and tidal hifi 1400...also have itunes (500)

for the road have an ipod.

there are a number of these audio mgmt programs now, roon, jriver, signalyst etc.
thing is: my collection and approach (alot of streaming) isn't huge or that sophisticated like many of you on here.
------------------------

happy friday, happy weekend!

lastly I hope that you all enjoy this very celebratory video for a Friday...justin timberlake's 'can't stop the feeling'
...isn't this, in the end, what we all want from all our music and devices: for them to move us in a great way?
i'm no timberlake fan, but came across this on my tidal this morning..i'm loving it...sort of 
reminds me of michael jackson's classic 'black or white' video in how he used so many of us regular folks to make it so special.

heck i've watched it a good 1/2 dozen times now with my morning coffee...definitely grew on me.
k701smile.gif

a few of his lines reflect chord's egalitarian philosophy of the mojo imo:
''i got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my feet, feel that hot blood in my body...''.

Jun 10, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #18,565 of 42,765
my mojo will be in the mail shortly.

question: for those using windows on their home desktop/laptop rigs, any enhancing music software to best enjoy the mojo?
i'm just exploring this now and have read from one poster who feels that the mojo works best with bit perfect sources of music....
i'm streaming thru spotify 320 and tidal hifi 1400...also have itunes (500)

for the road have an ipod.

there are a number of these audio mgmt programs now, roon, jriver, signalyst etc.
thing is: my collection and approach (alot of streaming) isn't huge or that sophisticated like many of you on here.
------------------------

happy friday, happy weekend!

lastly I hope that you all enjoy this very celebratory video for a Friday...justin timberlake's 'can't stop the feeling'
...isn't this, in the end, what we all want from all our music and devices: for them to move us in a great way?
i'm no timberlake fan, but came across this on my tidal this morning..i'm loving it...sort of 
reminds me of michael jackson's classic 'black or white' video in how he used so many of us regular folks to make it so special.

heck i've watched it a good 1/2 dozen times now with my morning coffee...definitely grew on me.:k701smile:

a few of his lines reflect chord's egalitarian philosophy of the mojo imo:
''i got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my feet, feel that hot blood in my body...''.

If you are a Mac user, Amarra for Tidal offers some nice improvements for your streaming needs. The interface is mediocre, but the sound itself is noticeably clearer, more spacious and more transparent overall.

Jun 10, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #18,567 of 42,765
Was wondering which would be better. Chord Mojo -> Lyr2 (SolidState) -> Ether C / Chord Mojo -> Liquid Spark -> Ether C.

Mojo -> Liquid Carbon -> ETHER C

Jun 10, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #18,569 of 42,765
haha so I've heard, unfortunately I don't have the money to buy it right now.
Dont have the MONEEEEEY? How can you play the game if you dont have the moneeeeeey? Dont eat, dont go on vacations, dont go on dates, game on !

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back