Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 25, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #18,091 of 42,765

This isn't true.  There have been apps for YEARS where you can do exactly what brent75 said above.  Vox has been around for ages and you can just drag and drop entire folders into it like he said in a post above. 

Like I said, you are still tied down to Apples iTunes, which is a complete joke if you ask me, and the process is again a#$ backwards. 

May 25, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #18,095 of 42,765
They actually brought it to you? Nice & congrats!

They have a shop in Mountain View (CA) and one near my house in Mexico.. so i can buy anything they stock in CA (which is everything i'd ever want..) they just transfer it to the shop in Mexico for me to pick up.  Very convenient, and the guys there have a knowledge base that is extremely impressive to even the most seasoned audiophile.

May 25, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #18,096 of 42,765

My current desktop rig. Reference sound that is truly portable!

May 25, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #18,097 of 42,765
These are new apps that did not exist before, also it is ass backwards compared to W10 and Android , not only can't you copy and paste the whole file with this iTunes method "you are also tied down to iTunes with any iDevice, which is an utter joke", your only option is to download each FLAC file "each individual track" which is a complete joke

It's obvious you're not a fan - but there are plenty of options:

I download from HDTRACKS, use XLD to create a 48/24 ALAC version, drag album/s to iTunes library, sync iPhone, listen to mojo+iPhone.

May 25, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #18,098 of 42,765
It's obvious you're not a fan - but there are plenty of options:

I download from HDTRACKS, use XLD to create a 48/24 ALAC version, drag album/s to iTunes library, sync iPhone, listen to mojo+iPhone.

If you want the full resolution you can use FLACTunes application from the Mac Store and it will automatically convert FLAC to ALAC is the same bit depth and resolution and put the album in your iTunes library.

Another tip, if you buy high resolution albums from Bandcamp, always choose FLAC as the ALAC is limited to 48/24 and again use FLACTunes to convert the 96/24 FLAC to 96/24 ALAC.

May 25, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #18,100 of 42,765
If you want the full resolution you can use FLACTunes application from the Mac Store and it will automatically convert FLAC to ALAC is the same bit depth and resolution and put the album in your iTunes library.

Another tip, if you buy high resolution albums from Bandcamp, always choose FLAC as the ALAC is limited to 48/24 and again use FLACTunes to convert the 96/24 FLAC to 96/24 ALAC.

Great tip -- just bought it and used it, and worked flawlessly on the new Radiohead. Thanks!

May 25, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #18,101 of 42,765
I just got my Mojo..... am i the first owner in Mexico?  I had Audio High bring one down for me from their location in California to their location in Mexico (it's not normally stocked here at this location). 

Question.. what are the best mini-USB to Lightning connector options right now?

Congrats on the purchase. I live in Mexico and am currently visiting family in Vancouver. I took advantage of being here to purchase a Mojo to bring back to Mexico with me, so if uses there'll be at least 2 of us with one. I've had it for a couple of days and am totally impressed with it with my 64 Audio U12 IEMs.

May 25, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #18,103 of 42,765
No I have not. Which in your opinion is better? Also, it is easy to add files from my iTunes library to the app?

I dislike iTunes in general but as a storage management system it is quite good. Also, I use FLACTunes on my iMac to convert all my music to ALAC in native resolution.
Both have free versions, both are players, both have EQs which one can fine tune the Mojo when needed.

May 26, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #18,104 of 42,765
Can you run me through this stack? I'm intrigued, but don't understand the use of anything other than the Mojo.

Sure!
1)The Wyrd4Sound Recovery helps to clean and re-clock the digital stream being fed to the Mojo with the use of a Femto clock. I find the Recovery to add a bit of immediacy to the leading edges in my music.
2) Mojo I use almost exclusively as a desktop DAC w/variable gain. Amazing Value here.
3) The CypherLabs Picollo (it has 10 matched triodes w/zero opamps in the signal path) amplifier. I love it's solid state w/ a hint of tube like sound. For me it helps tame peaky or sibilant prone sound signatures.

May 26, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #18,105 of 42,765
More Android resampling literature here. We will likely see resampling minimized in Android N. Also I'm not sure that this info covers USB output as well.

Sure!
1)The Wyrd4Sound Recovery helps to clean and re-clock the digital stream being fed to the Mojo with the use of a Femto clock. I find the Recovery to add a bit of immediacy to the leading edges in my music.
2) Mojo I use almost exclusively as a desktop DAC w/variable gain. Amazing Value here.
3) The CypherLabs Picollo (it has 10 matched triodes w/zero opamps in the signal path) amplifier. I love it's solid state w/ a hint of tube like sound. For me it helps tame peaky or sibilant prone sound signatures.

Very interesting. I'll have to check out the Recovery. Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back