Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 17, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #16,187 of 42,759

Yea the Mojo def doesn't last 8-10 hours like described in the product.  In real life , it only lasts to around 4h-6h
And I think in the long run, the battery will be degraded as well, so you're looking at even shorter battery life.  

I think your right. I purchased the Mojo to act as my desk top dac. I don't keep it plugged in 24/7, rather, I wait for it the battery to die and then a fully recharge it. When the battery does degrade I think that it is then that I will try the constant charge method others practice here.

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #16,188 of 42,759

I think your right. I purchased the Mojo to act as my desk top dac. I don't keep it plugged in 24/7, rather, I wait for it the battery to die and then a fully recharge it. When the battery does degrade I think that it is then that I will try the constant charge method others practice here.

You're probably better off leaving it plugged in all the time in this scenario. That way, the battery is not constantly getting drained and recharged unnecessarily. 

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #16,189 of 42,759

You're probably better off leaving it plugged in all the time in this scenario. That way, the better is not constantly getting drained and recharged unnecessarily. 

Thank you for your reply Mediahound. Do you think that the Mojo benefits from having a separate/clean power supply? I am thinking about using my Schiit Wyrd to power/charge the Mojo perpetually and then buying the Wyred4Sound Reclocker to feed it the music signal? What do you think, overkill?

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #16,190 of 42,759

Thank you for your reply Mediahound. Do you think that the Mojo benefits from having a separate/clean power supply? I am thinking about using my Schiit Wyrd to power/charge the Mojo perpetually and then buying the Wyred4Sound Reclocker to feed it the music signal? What do you think?

I'd just use any USB power supply. Probably doesn't matter that much if at all. 

Apr 17, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #16,192 of 42,759
  I would not recommend using any cheap usb cable and power supply, you might save a few dollars, but I wouldn't recommended it.  

Why not? The power goes through the battery first anyway. 

Apr 17, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #16,193 of 42,759
Hey guys,  I have been away for a while, and am just getting back into headphones again.  As with many things in my life, I am going for simple and easy.  Of course I want to get the best sound quality I can.  I just recently signed my family up for Google Play music, which I believe is at streamed at 320 Kbps out of my android phone.  Is this level music quality worthy of the Mojo, or am I better off with a lower end of Amp/DAC?

Thanks!
Greg

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #16,194 of 42,759
I just spotted the Mojo for sale at Richer Sounds. http://www.richersounds.com/product/dacs/chord/mojo/chor-mojo-hp-dac-blk

@GregBe I think the Mojo makes a nice job of 320kbps; I have no qualms with it. I recall the What Hi-Fi review. It said, the Mojo will not go out of its way to be nasty to low bit rate files. (Look it up.)

I think the main advice I can give is, whatever the bit rate you choose, use bitperfect in your player.

However it's possible that you'll use the Mojo for more too.

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #16,195 of 42,759
Yea the Mojo def doesn't last 8-10 hours like described in the product.  In real life , it only lasts to around 4h-6h
And I think in the long run, the battery will be degraded as well, so you're looking at even shorter battery life.  
Guess for now best to have two Mojos.

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #16,196 of 42,759
I use it every day at the office, plugged in, driven by either a laptop or the DP-X1. When I leave, it is fully charged and ready to run for the rest of the day. 4, 6 or who cares how many hours, it's delivering. Repeat. It is that simple. 

For transatlantic flights I use a power bank that can charge both the Mojo and DP-X1 several times over so music never stops.

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #16,197 of 42,759
Recently acquired a Mojo and let's just say it's lived up to the hype. So much I'm thinking of just keeping it and replacing my current rig's DAC.

Any issues using the MOJO primarily as a desktop DAC??? I know each time you power it up you need to set it to line level.

Also I'll mostly be using my DX80 to output via COAX to it. Will any 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable work or should I get something more specific?

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #16,198 of 42,759
I use it every day at the office, plugged in, driven by either a laptop or the DP-X1. When I leave, it is fully charged and ready to run for the rest of the day. 4, 6 or who cares how many hours, it's delivering. Repeat. It is that simple. 

For transatlantic flights I use a power bank that can charge both the Mojo and DP-X1 several times over so music never stops.
In your case you solved the issue of running out of power. In my case I go to three schools per day to coach which requires walking, taking trains and buses, plus turning off and on multiple times. Guess for now my only way to solving it is a Power bank. What size power bank do you use ?

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #16,199 of 42,759

What kind of time are people getting with planars which can be quite current hungry ?

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #16,200 of 42,759
In your case you solved the issue of running out of power. In my case I go to three schools per day to coach which requires walking, taking trains and buses, plus turning off and on multiple times. Guess for now my only way to solving it is a Power bank. What size power bank do you use ?

I have been using this little beast for over a year now. 12,000 mAh in a fairly small format. Can juice up your Mojo and your phone/DAP at the same time.

https://patriotmemory.com/product/fuel-mobile-rechargeable-battery-12000-mah/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back