Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #15,916 of 42,759
  Hi, URGENT. Massdrop is now offering "Little Dot MKIII Tube Headphone Amp"

I wanna know that is there any improvement if I stack Mojo with this? I would love to have smooth sounding (Treble especially) on my TH-600.

I could understand this question if Mojo had a reputation for having elevated, coarse or strident treble, but it doesn't...
blink.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #15,917 of 42,759

I am a bit stuck why you are stuck but I will try to explain again. No worries.

If you are running software that runs ASIO then you are sending bit perfect data. Same with WASAPI. The computer has initiated that driver. (When you install the Mojo drivers it installs all the drivers for the Mojo. WASAPI, ASIO, Direct Sound, and any other if there are any.) However your PC then tries to runs Youtube through the Mojo, but Youtube uses Direct Sound. Therefor if you PC still has ASIO running, it can't run Direct Sound at the same time. You can only have one sound driver ruinning at the same time.

That's what I think. If I am wrong, then I guess someone will correct it. However what happens in principle is exactly this. You can only have one format running at once.

You can however run Youtube and music played over Direct Sound driver. I have just tested it again to be sure but I knew already. I played a youtube vid. Plus I ran a FLAC rip in Media Go software which only allows me only the Direct Sound driver.

Good luck.

I think the issue is different, like i can watch a movie and watch youtube and that will work fine. But if i load up anything that takes ASIO control i get no youtube etc. Thats regardless of if i open it after or not, it will not play in any combination. If i watch youtube and open my software, it kills the yourtube video and takes control. If i play youtube when i have my software open, it wont even run the video it just doesnt respond.

Hence despite it being good ill have to bin the mojo and go back to a proper audio interface i think 

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #15,918 of 42,759

I could understand this question if Mojo had a reputation for having elevated, coarse or strident treble, but it doesn't...
blink.gif

Yes, Mojo is a warm sounding dac/amp. But i never try Tube amp yet. Just wanna know whether the smooth sounding for Tube can be better than Mojo?

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #15,919 of 42,759

blink.gif

Yes, Mojo is a warm sounding dac/amp. But i never try Tube amp yet. Just wanna know whether the smooth sounding for Tube can be better than Mojo?

Well, that doesn't come under the realm of 'Better' or 'Worse' - it comes under the realm of 'personal taste/preference', and because of that, only you can fully judge whether it suits your own taste or not.

Sorry, but it's true.

Some things only you can decide, for yourself
beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #15,920 of 42,759

Well, that doesn't come under the realm of 'Better' or 'Worse' - it comes under the realm of 'personal taste/preference', and because of that, only you can fully judge whether it suits your own taste or not.

Sorry, but it's true.

beerchug.gif

Haha i think im done with this. Dont want to spend more xD

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #15,921 of 42,759
@Light - Man, power is p =v * i. so high impedance headphones need more voltage and less current for the same power . sensitivity is other issue. a low impedance but low sensitivity headphone is most difficult because it will demand more output ( voltage) and will draw more current at the same time due to low impedance (like some planars ) . I have beyer DT 800, 600 ohm with mojo. mojo does not have any problem in driving these even when these demand over 1.5 v or so output and even upto 2.5 in some cases when watching movies.

Originally Posted by Mojo ideas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi the battery playing time is dependent on several factors I'm afraid the first being how hard the FPGA is working and this goes for the USB chip too this is dependant on the size of the files it's processing the bigger the more power I will take as there is a lot of processing going on inside mojo it's not like a simple Dac chip. The second factor is what it's driving surprisingly many Higher quality IEMs have impedances as low as eleven Ohms therefore mojo has to work harder . There are other factors too such as The ambient temperature and the natural capacity tolerance of the battery too. I doubt you unit has a problem it's more likely to be a number of these factors coming into play ofcourse if your at home you can play and charge at the same time. I hope that helps. JF.

Thanks @ rkt31, what you say makes sense to me but I should have included the post above (in bold) as it was the main reason for my post in the first place.

My main point is that increasing the Impedance increases the power consumption which seems to conflict with the point made in the post above?

I will leave it at that.
blink.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #15,922 of 42,759

Sorry, but it's true.

beerchug.gif

Haha i think im done with this. Dont want to spend more xD

Yes, it can be so tempting to buy stuff on Massdrop, because you can feel like you're missing-out on a good deal, but that often isn't true - it just plays upon a known weakness in human psychology, which is exactly why Massdrop has been a successful website!
wink_face.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #15,923 of 42,759
  Hi, URGENT. Massdrop is now offering "Little Dot MKIII Tube Headphone Amp"

I wanna know that is there any improvement if I stack Mojo with this? I would love to have smooth sounding (Treble especially) on my TH-600.

Chillex man. :)
Try to enjoy your new purchases at least for a few weeks.
(I see you have got this strong itch to change and improve and jump into new deals immediately, reading your posts on different forums.)

You do not need to change your headphones and amps/DACs every couple of weeks.

Mojo is great without external amps.
Immerse in this sound first, before you decide to try out other flavors of sound with another $400 purchase.

Of course, ignore my comment, if you easily say goodbye to $5-600 a month.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #15,924 of 42,759

Go for it.

It's the only way you will know

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #15,926 of 42,759
The issue with RF is that it can get into the tinniest hole.  I've oft considered a ferrite spray to coat the end of my cables and maybe apply around the port on the mojo but not in it.  Or some kind of tape that I could use to attach the micro usb to the mojo port and then spray ferrite on it, essentially leaving the cord attached.  I just haven't done it yet.  If I could get ferrite on the end of the cable I'm sure most of the RF would be gone or completely eliminated.  Stopping it where the data enters the dac-the end of the line-is the most important.

One strange phenomena that I've yet to account for is that sometimes the RF is in only the left ciem or maybe 70/30 in the left.  I have no idea how this could happen.

The interesting event is the RF is gone when I float my palm vertically between Mojo & iPhone. No need to wrap/hold Mojo/iPhone completely. This makes me wonder if there is such thing as RF-blocker type of case. Maybe I'll put pork/beef chop between them. :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Mojo ideas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi the battery playing time is dependent on several factors I'm afraid the first being how hard the FPGA is working and this goes for the USB chip too this is dependant on the size of the files it's processing the bigger the more power I will take as there is a lot of processing going on inside mojo it's not like a simple Dac chip. The second factor is what it's driving surprisingly many Higher quality IEMs have impedances as low as eleven Ohms therefore mojo has to work harder . There are other factors too such as The ambient temperature and the natural capacity tolerance of the battery too. I doubt you unit has a problem it's more likely to be a number of these factors coming into play ofcourse if your at home you can play and charge at the same time. I hope that helps. JF.

Thanks @ rkt31, what you say makes sense to me but I should have included the post above (in bold) as it was the main reason for my post in the first place.

My main point is that increasing the Impedance increases the power consumption which seems to conflict with the point made in the post above?

I will leave it at that. :blink:  

I'm curious as well, but it's not impossible. iFi Micro DSD spec shows less battery life in ECO mode (ultra-low output for ultra-low impedance stuffs) than in normal mode.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #15,927 of 42,759

evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

So helpful!

2 guys try to save this guy and you push him under!
wink_face.gif

There will always be that lingering doubt and thought of "If only"
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #15,928 of 42,759

evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

So helpful!

2 guys try to save this guy and you push him under!
wink_face.gif

There will always be that lingering doubt and thought of "If only"
tongue.gif

And spending money this time won't stop it happening again, and again, and again, and again, and again..... (although it is any person's right to keep buying compulsively, and I support their right to do so)

One may as well wake-up, realise one is being 'played' by the simple psychological trick I mentioned, earlier, and be free from spending one's money compulsively. It takes a little maturity to break the cycle.

Encouraging someone to continue being a victim to compulsion, all their life, only disempowers them.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #15,929 of 42,759

And spending money this time won't stop it happening again, and again, and again, and again, and again.....

So one may as well wake-up, realise one is being 'played' by the simple psychological trick I mentioned, earlier, and be free from spending one's money compulsively. It takes a little maturity to break the cycle.

Encouraging someone to continue being a victim to compulsion, all their life, only disempowers them.

Very true

I should have thought about that. After all not everyone can control these impulses

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #15,930 of 42,759

And spending money this time won't stop it happening again, and again, and again, and again, and again.....

So one may as well wake-up, realise one is being 'played' by the simple psychological trick I mentioned, earlier, and be free from spending one's money compulsively. It takes a little maturity to break the cycle.

Very true

I should have thought about that. After all not everyone can control these impulses

Hope you know I wasn't being deeply, darkly serious, there; just gently making a point
beerchug.gif

For some people, forever buying more gear is an addiction, much like gambling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back