Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #15,631 of 42,765
Listening to Stevie Nicks Rhiannon live... Damn, intoxicating.

I love my Mojo. I'm dead serious. I really love the little black box. It's amazing. I am still impressed by it.

I thought I'd return it, it'd be a waste of money, I was so wrong. This might be one of my favorite musical devices ever. It's right up there with my favorite IEMS. This thing is nothing short of brilliant. I couldn't be happier (unless it had bass boost).

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #15,632 of 42,765
Listening to Stevie Nicks Rhiannon live... Damn, intoxicating.

I love my Mojo. I'm dead serious. I really love the little black box. It's amazing. I am still impressed by it.

I thought I'd return it, it'd be a waste of money, I was so wrong. This might be one of my favorite musical devices ever. It's right up there with my favorite IEMS. This thing is nothing short of brilliant. I couldn't be happier (unless it had bass boost).
Listening to the Mac on which iem?

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #15,634 of 42,765
What I found absolutely shocking was the clear and unexpected difference between the AK240 and the AK100 mk2 with the exact same optical connector.

You said you found the AK100 brighter, but didn't actually say which sound you preferred. It's only opinions but out of interest, which do you like best into Mojo?

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #15,635 of 42,765
You said you found the AK100 brighter, but didn't actually say which sound you preferred. It's only opinions but out of interest, which do you like best into Mojo?

Oh boy. I don't really want to answer this..... I'd hate to be dragged in to a debate.... Well, for the team... I find the AK240 preferable to for my tastes. There, I said it. It's not because it cost more, I really don't care about that. The AK100 mk2 sounded slightly more flat while having slightly more brightness. I prefer the AK240 because of the slightly more depth and (to me) more natural sound. Again, it isn't night and day but it is noticeable (to me). Enough that it took approximately 0.0024 seconds for me to hear it. Listening with the ETHER C (1.1) plugged in to the Mojo.

I would prefer if I heard no difference because the AK100 mk2 stacks better and has a much better battery life, but there, I said it. Now I can imagine all the doubters saying the difference isn't there, as I did earlier, but it is, with the exact same optical interconnect and same tracks. Once again I'm eating my own words. Mmmmm, words.

For what it's worth I don't really hear any difference at all from the X5, X5ii, or my MacbookPro running Audirvana+ to the Mojo. Just the using the AK units as a source do I really notice the difference between the two, which has me stumped as to why. I still have to do a more recent comparison to the FiiO DAPs and figure out which AK unit stands out more between all the sources.

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #15,636 of 42,765
Oh boy. I don't really want to answer this..... I'd hate to be dragged in to a debate.... Well, for the team... I find the AK240 preferable to for my tastes. There, I said it. It's not because it cost more, I really don't care about that. The AK100 mk2 sounded slightly more flat while having slightly more brightness. I prefer the AK240 because of the slightly more depth and (to me) more natural sound. Again, it isn't night and day but it is noticeable (to me). Enough that it took approximately 0.0024 seconds for me to hear it. Listening with the ETHER C (1.1) plugged in to the Mojo.

I would prefer if I heard no difference because the AK100 mk2 stacks better and has a much better battery life, but there, I said it. Now I can imagine all the doubters saying the difference isn't there, as I did earlier, but it is, with the exact same optical interconnect and same tracks. Once again I'm eating my own words. Mmmmm, words.

For what it's worth I don't really hear any difference at all from the X5, X5ii, or my MacbookPro running Audirvana+ to the Mojo. Just the using the AK units as a source do I really notice the difference between the two, which has me stumped as to why. I still have to do a more recent comparison to the FiiO DAPs and figure out which AK unit stands out more between all the sources.

Let it out bro, we're all here for you. 
smile.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #15,637 of 42,765
Apr 10, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #15,638 of 42,765
Lol!

Must. Figure. Out. Why.

Later, I'm enjoying the music to much right now to analyze.

beerchug.gif

I've heard differences using various smartphones as transports, my Tralucent DAC sounds slightly different running optical or USB.

The thing is, if someone doesn't agree or feel they need to prove you wrong, don't worry about it.

Just scroll past the post, 'yep, ok, whatever...' and move on with your life. 
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #15,639 of 42,765
I've heard differences using various smartphones as transports, my Tralucent DAC sounds slightly different running optical or USB.

The thing is, if someone doesn't agree or feel they need to prove you wrong, don't worry about it.

Just scroll past the post, 'yep, ok, whatever...' and move on with your life. :wink:

:beerchug:

For sure. I was being dramatic in a tongue in cheek sort of way. Too dry? :D

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #15,640 of 42,765

Can you check if you have the EQ in the AK100 Mk2 set to off or if the PRO-EQ is on? I realized the EQ works if you use optical out (surprisingly).

Cheers!

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #15,641 of 42,765
Can you check if you have the EQ in the AK100 Mk2 set to off or if the PRO-EQ is on? I realized the EQ works if you use optical out (surprisingly).

Cheers!

Of course, all EQ off. I would have posted otherwise. There technically should be zero difference.

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #15,643 of 42,765
  I have some issues getting the mojo to work with Steam tonight.. All steam games is muted. Have turned the mojo on/off, restarted the computer and other speakers does work
confused.gif

I have to close down apps such as JRiver which I have running in WASAPI, before I can hear Steam games. Steam will be using the direct sound driver. Thus I must close down any existing app running any other sound driver before I launch Steam.

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #15,645 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back