Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 22, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #1,546 of 42,759
Ok, so what kind of plug should be on the Mojo side.

This is the type of 3.5mm 2 pole mono coaxial (Mojo side) to RCA adapter I used to connect the Mojo coaxial input.

Pic from the review.

Or, you can pick up something like this (choose your end).

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/custom-cable-cc35-3.5mm-coaxial-cable.html

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #1,547 of 42,759
Unfortunately there is no way to fix the interference problem except for using flight mode. I get the same, and, yes it's annoying but it's not so bad when the music is playing.

I guess the thing I find frustrating is that the Ha-2 didn't have any problems with it. If Oppo can shield their device properly why can't Chord?

Whilst I agree that most of the time when music is playing you can't hear it that much when I go through a tunnel on the train and it drops signal it becomes as loud as the music which is actually uncomfortable for my ears.

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #1,548 of 42,759

This thing is sooooo amazing. Sounds like the Hugo to me but a tad warmer and it's really small...

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #1,549 of 42,759
I guess the thing I find frustrating is that the Ha-2 didn't have any problems with it. If Oppo can shield their device properly why can't Chord?

Whilst I agree that most of the time when music is playing you can't hear it that much when I go through a tunnel on the train and it drops signal it becomes as loud as the music which is actually uncomfortable for my ears.

Are you streaming music when using the mojo? I find mine is a lot quicker when using Tidal in offline mode instead of streaming.

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #1,550 of 42,759
Are you streaming music when using the mojo? I find mine is a lot quicker when using Tidal in offline mode instead of streaming.

I was using Spotify in offline mode and wasn't using the internet at all.

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #1,551 of 42,759
Anyone knows where to get really short toslink cables? Wanting to connect the QP1r to the mojo...

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #1,554 of 42,759
I don't like using my phone for the exact reason of EMI interference and call interruptions and storage space but I understand why others do. Have you guys considered trying something like 3M EMI shielding tape? For the record I have no idea how effective it would be.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Electronics_NA/Electronics/Products/Electronics_Product_Catalog/~/3M-Embossed-Aluminum-Foil-Shielding-Tape-1267?N=8704974+3294002001&rt=rud

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #1,555 of 42,759
I don't like using my phone for the exact reason of EMI interference and call interruptions and storage space but I understand why others do. Have you guys considered trying something like 3M EMI shielding tape? For the record I have no idea how effective it would be.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Electronics_NA/Electronics/Products/Electronics_Product_Catalog/~/3M-Embossed-Aluminum-Foil-Shielding-Tape-1267?N=8704974+3294002001&rt=rud

I did think about doing that but as you said I am not sure how effective it would be. Anyone from Chord have any recommendations regarding reducing EMI other than airplane mode?

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #1,557 of 42,759
  Psikey, thanks for the impressions. I like that you tell a little bit about where you're coming from, what other gear you have, and we even get a little peek at the genres you've been playing. Great! What improvements did you hear over the HA-2? You've said "no hiss" and alive/rich/full. How do you feel the level of detail compares? When you listen to Louis Armstrong, do you hear that kind of breathing and airiness that makes you feel like the trumpet is in your room and not in some digital file, better with the mojo?

I avoid trying to be descriptive as my only experience of high end is the SE846 as previously just used lower end Shure, Klipsch and some Audio-Technica ATH-M50X headphones. I found the HA-2 great apart from the background hiss but I didn't get the "smile on my face" so much better than I did with the Mojo. Its a yes to all the description you posted fro the Louis Armstrong track. I listen to just about anything really other than Rap/Country/Heavy Rock but don't have much in DSD

My last stuff I posted in the other forum for anyone interested.

Some pics

Everything you get in the box
20151022_083929_zps4mdhm84f.jpg

My Sony OTG cable that has worked great (plus longer USB)
20151022_083945_zpsywgarjnt.jpg

20151022_083958_001_zpswi78l7cq.jpg

And finally, managed to reuse a great sized Razer Orochi Mouse Case ideal for the OTG and small USB cable with Mojo with it also having the central divider
clear.png

20151022_084830_zpshkluvoon.jpg

20151022_084904_zpslytw962i.jpg

Also tried the JRiver software on my XPS13 and works great with the Mojo without trying to get Foobar2000 configured correctly (though does cost) and now sounds as good as from the Note 4. With DSD Bitstreaming setting to None the Mojo indicated colour frequency and with it set to Bitsreaming: Yes (DSD) in shows white as with the Note 4 playback for DSD. Sounds massively better with its set to DSD Bitstreaming.

JRiver playing a DSD Bitstream to the Mojo indicating white correctly
20151022_094623_zpsky505zwa.jpg

PS, the Samsung S6 really takes stunning photos!!

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #1,559 of 42,759

What do you mean by interference? Some noise or small pauses in the music playback ?  I have no issues playing Spotify with offline music on my Note 4 other than the Mojo shows the power ball as Blue (192kHz) when Spotify tracks are supposedly 44kHz ??

Maybe android 5.1 plays 192kHZ out to USB DAC unlike UAPP which does frequency to match the track ?

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #1,560 of 42,759
 What do you mean by interference? Some noise or small pauses in the music playback ?

It is the typical jittering sound you get through audio equipment when a phone is near it like DU DDUDDD DU DDUDDD DUDUDDUUD DUDUDDUUD DUDUDDUUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back