Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 22, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #1,531 of 42,765

I think you're both making the same point, really: It is the very ratio of impressions and misc. other stuff that makes it feel like you're looking for a needle in a haystack when you're trying to coerce some impressions from this thread.

Anyway, updating page 1 is certainly a great idea. Gotta keep this monster in line!

If members are kind enough to use a phras that makes searching for comments easier it would be a lot easier. 

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #1,533 of 42,765
I'm really curious why Rob says the analogue section in Mojo is basically the same as Hugo, yet a few have said Hugo has better driving power. Wish I had the HD800 and Hugo in hand to compare.

No worries here.  The Mojo is doing a really good job driving the HD800. 

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #1,535 of 42,765

how'd you know the 3.5 socket needs better materials if you can't open it ?... I'm intrigued.

Well.... cause Hugo's RCA sockets kind of suck, some guys upgrades all the sockets including 6.3/3.5 and coxial...
Just curious
rolleyes.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #1,537 of 42,765
  Well.... cause Hugo's RCA sockets kind of suck, some guys upgrades all the sockets including 6.3/3.5 and coxial...
Just curious
rolleyes.gif

just because someone says they've 'upgraded' something via some miraculous mod they've discovered doesn't automatically mean it's better.

Chord tend to use quality materials in ALL their products so any modification is pretty redundant & worthless imho... lots of people peddling their snake-oil wares on Head-Fi and please remember, doing modifications on Chord products completely invalidates the manufacturers warranty, a point well worth remembering when you've invested your hard earned cash.

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #1,538 of 42,765
Guys, need an advice here. Since my Mojo should be here next week, I'm wondering how to connect my Fiio X5II with it. What cable do I need?

From left - Fiio L12, Teac HA-P90SD incl. adapter, Fiio X5II incl. adapter.

from x5ii only via coax

Quote:
  *ahem* wasnt that high before it switched hands lulz

did you mean when they switch distributor last year from skm to eng siang?

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #1,540 of 42,765
Hello all, I received my Mojo last night And when connected to my phone in my house on Wifi it sounds great a fair bit cleaner than my old HA-2 more musical just nicer in general.

However, using it with my phone during the commute it is almost intolerable due to the levels of interference which is almost as loud as the music. I tried unplugging the cable to see if that helped and it did a bit but it was still loud. Not really that happy considering my HA-2 had no problems at all with this...

Before anyone says it yes Airplane mode stops it but that's not really an acceptable compromise in my opinion as a far cheaper device did not require it and I don't want to carry my phone and a dap/mojo stack as it is just too bulky.

Anyone got any ideas on reducing interference as u don't really want to have to go back to my HA-2 as the Mojo sounds so much better.

A very good point and one I find to be absolutely true, however I never took my HA-2 out of the house so Mojo for me is a good upgrade but it's not really a portable device in my opinion, just because it's small doesn't make it truly portable, other issues those who want to use it out and about should consider are;

Shape does not work well attached to a phone and it does not come with any straps etc.
Case will mark easily as it's painted matt black
Battery life not as good as HA-2
No cables supplied and hard to find decent short USB OTG cables and if you have iPhone you have to use the lightning CCK making it bulky and costing an extra £25

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #1,542 of 42,765
I look forward to the leather case and USB attachment. In terms of voicing I have found my right synergy and it works perfectly for me. I can't say I have perfect synergy with all my IEM but with the one that mattered the most I do. 

I really do not have any particular wishes either.

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #1,543 of 42,765

just because someone says they've 'upgraded' something via some miraculous mod they've discovered doesn't automatically mean it's better.

Chord tend to use quality materials in ALL their products so any modification is pretty redundant & worthless imho... lots of people peddling their snake-oil wares on Head-Fi and please remember, doing modifications on Chord products completely invalidates the manufacturers warranty, a point well worth remembering when you've invested your hard earned cash.

Gotcha.

By the way, Hugo modded with DHlab RCA and external super capacitor does have major improvement.

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #1,544 of 42,765
JH Angie single ended is awesome driven by Mojo, it's magic.
Angie running balanced on my AK240 is nice but lack of the magic. :innocent:

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #1,545 of 42,765
Hello all, I received my Mojo last night And when connected to my phone in my house on Wifi it sounds great a fair bit cleaner than my old HA-2 more musical just nicer in general.

However, using it with my phone during the commute it is almost intolerable due to the levels of interference which is almost as loud as the music. I tried unplugging the cable to see if that helped and it did a bit but it was still loud. Not really that happy considering my HA-2 had no problems at all with this...

Before anyone says it yes Airplane mode stops it but that's not really an acceptable compromise in my opinion as a far cheaper device did not require it and I don't want to carry my phone and a dap/mojo stack as it is just too bulky.

Anyone got any ideas on reducing interference as u don't really want to have to go back to my HA-2 as the Mojo sounds so much better.

Unfortunately there is no way to fix the interference problem except for using flight mode. I get the same, and, yes it's annoying but it's not so bad when the music is playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back