1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
  1. Multimediers
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

As you suggested, I checked my USB power supply 9and even cables) and can be sure that it can output 2.0A + of current for prolonged period. However, the situation did not turn better.

After a full charge (over night, the power LED was off and the Mojo turns from warm to cold), the power LED start from Blue, for not more than 30 mins, it turned Green and from Green to flashing RED, it was only about three hours (FLAC playback with line level O/P). Is this normal? (the Mojo have gone thru not more than 10 complete charge up and discharge cycles)

Just want to get an idea on whether my Mojo should be sent back for repair?

Thanks

2. jmills8
    20160405_150615.jpg

3. Multimediers

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

As you suggested, I checked my USB power supply 9and even cables) and can be sure that it can output 2.0A + of current for prolonged period. However, the situation did not turn better.

After a full charge (over night, the power LED was off and the Mojo turns from warm to cold), the power LED start from Blue, for not more than 30 mins, it turned Green and from Green to flashing RED, it was only about three hours (FLAC playback with line level O/P). Is this normal? (the Mojo have gone thru not more than 10 complete charge up and discharge cycles)

Cannot get an proper idea on min battery life elsewhere and would like to get an idea on whether my Mojo should be sent back for repair?

Thanks

4. Mojo ideas
    Apple direct is not quite flat 20 Hz to 20kHz they tinker with the response lifting both bass and treble slightly we found this out when we were developing Mojo

5. Mojo ideas
    Sorry its still going

6. Wilderbeast

That's v interesting. Did you find this with other services like Spotify? I'm convinced its sound has been 'shaped'.

7. Mojo ideas

8. Signal2Noise
    I have. Since the Mojo will not work with my Lumia 950XL Windows Phone I resorted to blowing the dust off my M8 One and give it a spin. I am using a micro-usb/micro-usb OTG and connects perfectly with the DAC. For apps I've tried both the native music player and Rocket Player which is unlocked/paid for version so it can play FLAC. While I don't think there's a highly distinguishable difference with or without Mojo, there does seem to be more clarity and "oomph" when volume is considered. Overall not a bad combo and I will band these together for portable use when the need arises. My XDP-100r on it's own is just as good with less encumbrance of course.

9. shotgunshane Contributor
    I would like to see these 'shaped' responses. All the measurements I've seen of iOS devices are flat.

10. rbalcom

My ears are too old to notice small differences so not really. For me, cables are more about an efficient method rather than searching for every minute sound quality improvement. I liked that cable because it had right angle connectors, thus resulting in a closer cable connection.

11. Xacxac

+1. I'd like to see. I've only seen flat result from modern iOS devices.

12. CalvinW
    Is the battery replaceable after it is deteriorated? 

13. Whitigir
    Appear so!

14. CalvinW
    Okay, thanks! That's reassuring 

15. jmills8
    you can replace everything or you can just get another unit.