Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 23, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #39,736 of 42,759
Hi,

I'm actually using an iPhone 8 Plus as source for my Mojo (for the main 2ch and for the headphones).

The results seem great but I want to use my iPhone when I'm listening music so am thinking to change source.

I thought about some fanless computer or similar things, but I think that maybe I could buy another iPhone (less fuss, no A/C to wall and I know that it works good).

I found out some "regenerated" iPhones that are very cheap...

I found a good offer for an iPhone 6S.

My question: theorically (or by yourself experience), using Mojo as DAC, I could hear differences between the combos iPhone 8 Plus+Mojo and iPhone 6S+Mojo or the sound should be the same (bit perfect it should be)?

In addition, I will use that iPhone only as source so I won't install any other apps, only Roon (that is my player).

Thanks a lot.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #39,737 of 42,759
Hi,

I'm actually using an iPhone 8 Plus as source for my Mojo (for the main 2ch and for the headphones).

The results seem great but I want to use my iPhone when I'm listening music so am thinking to change source.

I thought about some fanless computer or similar things, but I think that maybe I could buy another iPhone (less fuss, no A/C to wall and I know that it works good).

My question: theorically (or by yourself experience), using Mojo as DAC, I could hear differences between the combos iPhone 8 Plus+Mojo and iPhone 6S+Mojo or the sound should be the same (bit perfect it should be)?

In addition, I will use that iPhone only as source so I won't install any other apps, only Roon (that is my player).

Thanks a lot.
Id imagine they sound very similar to each other as the same operating system and prob near identical hardware.

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #39,738 of 42,759
Hi,

Thanks a lot.

Weird thing with Mojo is that it is very transport sensitive and will sound slightly different depending on wich device is feeding it.

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #39,742 of 42,759
Weird thing with Mojo is that it is very transport sensitive and will sound slightly different depending on wich device is feeding it.

there is a particular source that you can advice that is roon compatible?

Jan 25, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #39,745 of 42,759
Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #39,747 of 42,759
Curious, since I am deciding between the mojo and Q5s myself. happy with the purchase?

Happy with the sound/amplification and construction quality. Micro usb is not my favorite secure connection but it is well implemented. If you can find one for €200 - €230 in a very good condition and battery state then go for it otherwise look somewhere else.

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #39,748 of 42,759
heard the mojo promo price extension will end in 4 days

Jan 27, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #39,749 of 42,759
I did this method and found that it makes the humming/buzzing noise almost instantly. I tried multiple chargers and then all gave the same result. Can you confirm your setup does not have the buzzing and what charging volt/amps you are using? I would greatly appreciate it!
No didnt happen to me, but the buzzing happen on normal/usual usage few weeks after i bought it, and it happen due to driver problem. installing from mojo website solve it. Windows 10 use usb 2.0 audio driver as plug n play hence cause the noise due to incompatibility i guess.

also try to check your home plug whether its grounded or not. I use 2 micro usb wire from desktop usb ports for both power and data. Voltage output from either usb 2.0/3.0 is enough to power the mojo without battery. i didnt charge it direct using charger with 5V output or above.

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #39,750 of 42,759
I don't follow this site much anymore, but noticed a reputable dealer price is increasing for Mojo from 399 to 499.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-mojo-deal-ending-and-more.924337/

If you're in the market you may have to make a decision soon.

Not sure what to make of it as CanJam Chord launching new products in 2-3 weeks.

Like the 399 price point, but Mojo2 lurking in the wings? Maybe they are raising back the price because Mojo2 will be around 699 or 799? Mojo1 @499 versus 699 not as bad as @399 versus 699.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back