Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 26, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #39,107 of 42,765
I never understand why people take their time to add nothing helpful to a discussion?

If a post/question bores you, I'm sure you can find something that interests you here:

https://www.head-fi.org/forums/

Mojo battery health has been discussed to no end in this thread. Rob believes it's fine to be plugged in 24/7 but but some members have had battery related issues from leaving it on charge. You can find a stockpile of information regarding the battery and more in post #3. If youre that worried about the battery then charge over night and use disconnected during the day.

My genuine response was to just listen to music and enjoy your Mojo.

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #39,108 of 42,765
Mojo battery health has been discussed to no end in this thread. Rob believes it's fine to be plugged in 24/7 but but some members have had battery related issues from leaving it on. You can find a stockpile of information regarding the battery and more in post #3. If your that worried about the battery then charge over night and use disconnected during the day.

Thanks but Rob isn't afraid of technical queries and mine was a technical query. I love Rob's transparency with all technical queries and there are others that do too.

And my question was directly to Rob, not to you..

It is not mandatory for people to comment on posts/threads that don't interest them.

If something doesn't interest you, simply find something else that does interest you.

You don't have to read and reply to every post on this forum...

There are other threads you can check out. Or YouTube? Or maybe even follow your own advice and just go listen to music...

Thanks for your input and concern though dude.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #39,109 of 42,765
I never understand why people take their time to add nothing helpful to a discussion?

If a post/question bores you, I'm sure you can find something that interests you here:

https://www.head-fi.org/forums/

I think that it's because the same question gets asked over and over and there isn't any new information. The information has been collected and maintained for people in the third post so that they can go and do a little work reading through it to see the latest organized information w/o having to read through the whole 2608 pages.

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #39,110 of 42,765
I think that it's because the same question gets asked over and over and there isn't any new information.

Are you able to answer the question?

“When battery is held at a safe level, is it at 8.200V at all times? Or does it do trickle down cycles”

I couldn’t find it. If you are able to help, would be great.

It is a very specific technical question so please don’t just share something that says it can be safely left on 24/7/365 - we know that.

If the specific technical question doesn’t interest you either, then please feel free to browse somewhere else that does interest you...

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #39,111 of 42,765
Are you able to answer the question?

“When battery is held at a safe level, is it at 8.200V at all times? Or does it do trickle down cycles”

I couldn’t find it. If you are able to help, would be great.

It is a very specific technical question so please don’t just share something that says it can be safely left on 24/7/365 - we know that.

If the specific technical question doesn’t interest you either, then please feel free to browse somewhere else that does interest you...
Maybe this answers your question.
The four hours quoted is the primary charge and this will get you 95% of the charge; after the primary charge it goes into trickle charge mode, and this can take a few hours longer to finally leave trickle charge mode and the charge light to go off. So nothing to worry about from the charge POV. If its on at the same time it will take much longer to charge too, and will never leave trickle charge mode.

As to the power ball, it's possible it just needs some use to free up the ball.

Rob

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #39,112 of 42,765
Maybe this answers your question.

Thanks. I had already seen this but this post is just talking about trickle charging up from 95% to full charge.

It doesn't address if it trickle cycles up and done if left on 24/7/365...

Again, the question (to Rob) was "When battery is held at a safe level, is it at 8.200V at all times?"

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #39,113 of 42,765
Thanks. I had already seen this but this post is just talking about trickle charging up from 95% to full charge.

It doesn't address if it trickle cycles up and done if left on 24/7/365...

Again, the question (to Rob) was "When battery is held at a safe level, is it at 8.200V at all times?"
Maybe this post then? It says it will recharge automatically when the battery voltage drops. Sorry, is it what you call trickle cycles up and down? Or maybe you want to know what is the minimum voltage when the Mojo starts charging again? Cheers.
It was designed to run this way. If you want to maximize battery life, then turn Mojo off when not using it, with the charger connected permanently and it will be fine as the charger will disconnect automatically, and re-charge automatically when the battery voltage drops.

Rob

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #39,115 of 42,765
Maybe this post then? It says it will recharge automatically when the battery voltage drops. Sorry, is it what you call trickle cycles up and down? Or maybe you want to know what is the minimum voltage when the Mojo starts charging again? Cheers.

Hi,

Here is my question to Rob, once again:

"This is probably the best post I could find on Mojo's two modes of normal operation.

For Mojo on and charging at the same time, 24/7, 365 days a year:

When you say battery is held at a safe level, is it at 8.200V at all times? Or does it do trickle cycles, like the other mode of operation you described (Mojo off and charging)."

So as per above, my question isn't about when Mojo is off and charging - that part is crystal clear. It does indeed cycle voltage while Mojo is off and charging.

But my question isn't about when Mojo is off.

Cheers

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #39,116 of 42,765
You can charge Lithium Ion batteries with max voltage (8.4v, 4.2v/cell) to give you maximum usage time, or you can charge to 90% battery capacity but maximise battery life using 8.2v (4.1v/cell). I went for the max life strategy for Mojo, so the charger never exceeds 8.2v. However, on the rare occasions that Mojo battery fails, it's generally because it was left on 24/7 and with the charger connected. We early on changed the advice, so that when you run it with the charger permanently connected, to turn it off when not in use. Then the battery gets charged to 8.2v, then the charger turns off, once the trickle charge phase is gone. If you leave it on, then the charger permanently is in trickle charge mode, as the trickle charge feeds Mojo, not the battery, so the battery is permanently having an applied voltage - which can degrade life - even though it's at the safe voltage of 8.2v, not the maximum 8.4v.

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #39,117 of 42,765
You can charge Lithium Ion batteries with max voltage (8.4v, 4.2v/cell) to give you maximum usage time, or you can charge to 90% battery capacity but maximise battery life using 8.2v (4.1v/cell). I went for the max life strategy for Mojo, so the charger never exceeds 8.2v. However, on the rare occasions that Mojo battery fails, it's generally because it was left on 24/7 and with the charger connected. We early on changed the advice, so that when you run it with the charger permanently connected, to turn it off when not in use. Then the battery gets charged to 8.2v, then the charger turns off, once the trickle charge phase is gone. If you leave it on, then the charger permanently is in trickle charge mode, as the trickle charge feeds Mojo, not the battery, so the battery is permanently having an applied voltage - which can degrade life - even though it's at the safe voltage of 8.2v, not the maximum 8.4v.

Crystal clear Rob. Thanks again.

Hadn't seen this detail before in this thread, so for those lazily replying with something like 'do a search' please makes sure you understand the question in the first place...

And if the question doesn't interest you please move on to a different thread or find something on YouTube to enjoy.

People should be free to ask questions. Lazy replies like 'do a search' (especially when a poster has already said they've done a search) turns people away from asking questions.

And some of us like to learn about products here.

Rob's transparency is one of my favourite things - not just the transparent sound quality of his product.

Thanks again @Rob Watts

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #39,118 of 42,765
Computer - - > Chord MOJO Dac - - > Schiit Lyr 3 hybrid tube Amp (Kenrad 6SN7GT Black Glass '44 tube) - - > Audeze LCD-2C planar magnetic headphone = My Audio Nirvana

20190826_222943.jpg

Finally dipping my toes in more serious audiophile hi-fi realm!

Yup, I think I'll be satisfied for a while now. Just loving the sound quality I'm having with my audio setup. Smooth, luscious, musical, large soundstage, and impactful bass.

Coming from a Fostex TH-X00 + Chord MOJO, I was initially disappointed with less bass slam on the Audeze, but after adding some bass EQ with +3 on 70hz low shelf and +2 on 85h low shelf via Equalizer Pro for Windows 10, as well as adding the Lyr 3 hybrid tube Amp with Kenrad 6SN7GT Black Glass '44 tube (same sound as the coveted Kenrad Vt-231 Black Glass tube!), I've gotten back majority if not lost of the bass slam, as well as gained the audio fidelity and sound signature inherent with the Audeze LCD-2C.

I understand what they mean now with having "speakers by your ears" when it comes to planar magnetic headphones.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #39,120 of 42,765
Why do I get light pink when playing DSF with Foobar?

I have chord drivers, foo_out_asio,foo_input_sacd and foo_input_dsdiff installed. Output is chosen to be DSD:Asio:Asio Chord 1.05, Asio drivers show Asio Chord 1.05 and Asio4all v2. Double clicking the Chord driver does not provide any further menus. SACD setting in DSD or DSD+PCM, Dop checked or unchecked.
What else should I do? I looked at the FAQ in the early part of this thread but don't see some of those menu items discussed.

Thanks.
Hi. Anyone able to give me some advice on this?
I've searched the forum and I see that some say it is actually a white that appears pinkish, but what I'm seeing is decidedly pink (and I've seen the "white" with another machine I had before). That's why I think I might be getting 768 instead of DSD. How can I get this sorted out? Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back