Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 1, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #38,882 of 42,765
I have sold my Oppo Ha-2 and ordered a Mojo :)
I hope I will be able to tell the difference between the two ...
This was the choice I had 3/4 years ago. Plumped for the Mojo and haven't looked back.
Although I had not heard either before buying

Jul 1, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #38,883 of 42,765
I tried searching here and on Google and have had no luck. Does anyone know if the HiBy usb c to 3.5mm coax cable supports otg? I'm using it with my lg v30 and my chord mojo and sound comes out of the phone speakers instead of the mojo.

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #38,885 of 42,765
In that case ur phone has not recognized the cable as a device.

Any reason why? I have used the mojo up until now with a usb c otg cable plugged into the micro usb included with the mojo and it works just fine.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #38,886 of 42,765
Any reason why? I have used the mojo up until now with a usb c otg cable plugged into the micro usb included with the mojo and it works just fine.
Like u had mentioned, if with another usb c cable if it worked, then ur usb port can recognise the devices as DAC, In USB C to coaxial cable, coaxial converter inside the cable should be ideally identified by the phone as a USB DAC. whether something is connected to the other end or not shouldnt matter here. If you hear sound front speaker, that means USB c port has not recognised this cable. Have u tried this cable with any other device?

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #38,887 of 42,765
Like u had mentioned, if with another usb c cable if it worked, then ur usb port can recognise the devices as DAC, In USB C to coaxial cable, coaxial converter inside the cable should be ideally identified by the phone as a USB DAC. whether something is connected to the other end or not shouldnt matter here. If you hear sound front speaker, that means USB c port has not recognised this cable. Have u tried this cable with any other device?

I bought it specifically for this use, I don't have another device to test it on.

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #38,889 of 42,765
Then I think it's safe to assume it doesn't work.

Wow, you're just full of insight aren't you? You literally just repeated back to me what I had already said and knew.

Anyone else have this issue, or am I the only one?

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #38,891 of 42,765
I am selling the third Mojo I owned. Exceptional piece of gear for its price.

Bought my first one just after the first release in 2015.

Now I run a Qutest into a good SS amp and tried Hugo2 too. Mojo lately was my acceptable compromise on the go.

I bought the Empyrean recently which is much more efficient than my previous Audeze headphones. Out of curiosity I tried them from Mojo and honestly, I was very surprised how good they sounded. Not as good as my Qutest/Taurus combo, but honestly, not that far behind. I actually preferred the upper-mid/treble rendition on the Mojo.

No question, the Qutest/Taurus combo sounds superior, but Mojo alone is surprisingly enjoyable. My combo sounds more spacious with better and more impactful bass, more natural sound with higher resolution and detail retrieval overall, but there is something in Mojo's higher frequencies that makes the sound very appealing.

It almost sounds like the Taurus is a hindrance between the Empyrean and the pure Chord sound. (Even though I am swimming in audio bliss atm.)

That's why I bought the TT2.

Mojo got me hooked on Chord sound a few years ago. Enjoyed Hugo2 and Qutest since then and now Mojo made me upgrade to the TT2 and sell my Qutest + amp combo.
Chord indeed does something special.

Jul 4, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #38,892 of 42,765
The Mojo roll off is awesome, agreed. I rarely like warmer tonality but the Mojo is so sweetly tuned. If I had to describe it in one word it would be 'Lush'.

As I clock in more and more hours with both Mojo and Hugo the benefits of the Hugo are piling up but I still reach for the Mojo daily for a fix of its sweetness.

Listening to Steely Dan - Gaucho via the Mojo and HD600 as I type and it's just great, to think that one can grab this setup at roughly $500 used is pretty impressive.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #38,893 of 42,765
I tried searching here and on Google and have had no luck. Does anyone know if the HiBy usb c to 3.5mm coax cable supports otg? I'm using it with my lg v30 and my chord mojo and sound comes out of the phone speakers instead of the mojo.

This cable works 100% to me with the same setup. But I do prefer Shanling L2 cable for the crisp and full sound.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #38,894 of 42,765
Hey lads, I would like to pair my Mojo with an Airplay device (under 300€/$) but do not want to get the Poly, which is extremely overpriced to me...
So the goal is to stack Mojo+Airplay device and control the music “wirelessly” with my phone or ipad...

any suggestion?? thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back