Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #301 of 42,759
I'm going to patiently wait for someone to test all the inputs to ascertain which is best... My shortlist of DAPs...

Optical: Questyle QP1R, capacity 432gb
USB: Sony ZX2, capacity 328gb
Coax: FiiO X5 mki, capacity 400gb

Obviously ignoring overheads on those figures above, will probably be USB knowing my luck haha.

Should say I own all the above, but don't have time to test right now, yet I know this is something that will pop up

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #302 of 42,759
  You will find the Mojo quite a bit better (musically) than the Hugo.  Warmer, less clinical and better bottom end, and if the first 24 hours are anything to go by it will get better.  I'm hoping that Chord will provide an upgrade for my Hugo, should only be a PCB swap?

Provocative post

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #303 of 42,759
Provocative post
I have to say with the Layla's at least, that it is also truthful, the lushness in the mids is hugely engaging, well the whole sound spectrum is :)

Rob knows his stuff!

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #304 of 42,759
I have to say with the Layla's at least, that it is also truthful, the lushness in the mids is hugely engaging, well the whole sound spectrum is
smily_headphones1.gif

Rob knows his stuff!

Great, (I guess )

My Mojo is on its way so I shall find out soon whether my Hugo has indeed 'lost it's mojo'...

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #306 of 42,759
I'm going to patiently wait for someone to test all the inputs to ascertain which is best... My shortlist of DAPs...

Optical: Questyle QP1R, capacity 432gb
USB: Sony ZX2, capacity 328gb
Coax: FiiO X5 mki, capacity 400gb

Obviously ignoring overheads on those figures above, will probably be USB knowing my luck haha.

Should say I own all the above, but don't have time to test right now, yet I know this is something that will pop up

What I'm anticipating is the effect it has on the various AK players and where the sweet spot is for best value improvement. I'm hoping that the jr or 100ii with the mojo will compete with the 240 or 380....basically saving a bundle! Ps still wish it had a 6.3 & 3.5 input for full size cans like my TH900 :frowning2:

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #307 of 42,759
Royal Mail International Signed for (With tracking) @ 12.95 UK pounds.

It will arrive via EMS in the Middle East. However, Custom Cable have since posted a disclaimer saying they can only ship this item within the EU.  Thats pretty disgusting that they just changed their mind after I placed the order yesterday

Damn!
So what about your order??

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #308 of 42,759
Damn!
So what about your order??

Dunno.............I've just emailed their customer service to complain coz now I'll be at the back of quite a long queue with Moon Audio.   :frowning2:  

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #310 of 42,759
mmm......I've done many orders from Moon Audio (for cables). All I can say is: top-notch, professional-level service and, yes, they ship to my country with zero problems. I have a similar horror experience with another company: Marshall. I pre-ordered their Marshall London. Paypal cleared and, after a few days, they cancelled the order saying that shipping was not allowed to my country. I was absolutely livid. Why did they process my order and then cancel it a few days later??? Suffice it to say that I'll never deal with that company again.

Btt, to my ears, Chord Hugo still tops the Mojo. If I still had the Chord Hugo, I would not exchange it for the Mojo. It is a trade-down or downgrade. But for those without a Chord yet and on a budget, the Mojo should be on top of the short-list. Chord TT owners, on the other hand, needs to seriously consider the Mojo as an extremely portable complement to their TT.

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #312 of 42,759
Will the MoJo play ALAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back