Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #16,922 of 42,759
Probably that it doesn't have a guarantee anymore
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #16,923 of 42,759
Probably that it doesn't have a guarantee anymore
biggrin.gif

This just in: wait for a year after purchase to make this mod.

[edit] this was meant as a joke in reference to warranty expiration. It doesn't look funny.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #16,925 of 42,759
My ferrite noise suppressors came today to fit to my Mojo/Z5mini to see if eliminates interference over 4G cellular and amazingly it does, greatly. Still get some low level noise if hand goes near (on cellular) but otherwise can now stream Spotify/Tidal over 3G/4G/WiFi fine.

The Z5 is the perfect transport for the Mojo IMO due to size, takes a 200GB microSD, long battery life (especially standby) and built-in software even plays DSD though only scaled to Android 48/192 unlike UAPP which does native to Mojo.

Just to finish off my testing, I've now got one of those Fiio L19 Lightning  Audio Out cables to connect to a iPhone 5S and without a Ferrite collar there is no interference at all over cellular 3G/4G so either Android or USB introduces the interference where iPhone over Lightning doesn't. Just a quick test with the iPhone in the Z5mini case.

For just Spotify or Tidal Streaming this is likely the best as no interference and native bitrate to Mojo. Have a 64GB iPhone SE on its way so may use that with the Mojo instead of the Z5mini.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #16,928 of 42,759

Just to finish off my testing, I've now got one of those Fiio L19 Lightning  Audio Out cables to connect to a iPhone 5S and without a Ferrite collar there is no interference at all over cellular 3G/4G so either Android or USB introduces the interference where iPhone over Lightning doesn't. Just a quick test with the iPhone in the Z5mini case.

For just Spotify or Tidal Streaming this is likely the best as no interference and native bitrate to Mojo. Have a 64GB iPhone SE on its way so may use that with the Mojo instead of the Z5mini.

So with an iphone you can stream from spotify or tidal into the mojo without a third party app?  

Is there neutron for ios?

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #16,932 of 42,759
thanks bud

I was tired of jumping thru hoops to make it work for android, plus UAPP crashes all the time.
N7, Jetaudio, Hiby has never crashed on my phone with mojo.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #16,934 of 42,759
  Really enjoying my Mojo. Would like to know if there is any way to turn off the lights completely. Even when I have them dimmed, they are annoying to have on all the time. Thanks for any help.

Sigh.  It's the only thing I hate about the Mojo.  I hate it so much that I gave the Mojo a bad review when compared to the M9XX.  I don't think there is a way to turn it off.  

However, I think over time it will matter less to you.  The benefits of the Mojo outweigh this polarizing design choice.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #16,935 of 42,759
Any of those players lets you play steaming music?

For music I don't care to go find in FLAC, I use spotify (tidal subscription is ending).  Also spoteq (on ios) is a good basic eq app that works in conjunction with spotify, it kills uapp's eq.
Im not streaming but I use eq and they have different ways to browse the folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back