Chord Mojo battery replacement - solved!
Feb 27, 2019 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

TChalla

New Head-Fier
After extensively researching this forum and speaking with the helpful folk at Chord Electronics for answers to the sub par battery performance from my Chord Mojo, I realised my improper charging of the original battery was at fault.

I was quoted $340AUD (!!!) from my local dealer (Australia) to replace the battery. Decided to source it myself and thanks to another Head-fi user I ordered a replacement battery for $140AUD inc shipping.

It took less than 15 minutes to fit and was dead easy to do. Now I have a fully charged Mojo for the first time in eons and can get back to enjoying it on the road. If only I could use the Poly with my Bluetooth headphones :)

Hope this post helps anyone who finds themselves in the same position as I was.

file-3.jpg
file1.jpg
file3.jpg

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 24
Where did you buy the battery?

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 24
After extensively researching this forum and speaking with the helpful folk at Chord Electronics for answers to the sub par battery performance from my Chord Mojo, I realised my improper charging of the original battery was at fault.

I was quoted $340AUD (!!!) from my local dealer (Australia) to replace the battery. Decided to source it myself and thanks to another Head-fi user I ordered a replacement battery for $140AUD inc shipping.

It took less than 15 minutes to fit and was dead easy to do. Now I have a fully charged Mojo for the first time in eons and can get back to enjoying it on the road. If only I could use the Poly with my Bluetooth headphones :)

file-3.jpg
file1.jpg
file3.jpg
If you'd like to share a link to where you sourced the battery from that'd be handy!

Sep 6, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 24
do NOT buy from hifi pro in canada. i did that on recommendation of a poster here and it got held up in us customs for more than a week. the owner told me they aren't responsible for anything related to shipping as soon as the carrier takes it, so basically they'll take your money but not guarantee that you'll receive any product within any reasonable time. Better to find someone in the US.

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #6 of 24
I ordered from hifipro, but I do live in Canada. I'll post if there are any issues.

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #8 of 24
just received it, I had no issues.

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #9 of 24

file-3.jpg
file1.jpg
file3.jpg
I have a cracked marble are they easy to replace I see you took 1 out?

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #10 of 24

file-3.jpg
file1.jpg
file3.jpg
Great! Thank you very much for this post, extremely helpful. While waiting for my replacement battery to arrive, I opened up the Mojo and 3 little plastic T-shaped items fell out. Ooops.. Well I see from your photographs that they are meant to hold the 3 balls in place, but which side is up? Also, my battery is absolutely glued to the top half of the case, did you need to use force to pry it away? If you have any step-by-step info to offer, that would be most helpful. Thanks in advance // TG

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #11 of 24
Hi there
It's been a long time since I opened my MOJO so not sure I can help with the t shaped items. I'd suggest trial and error? Yes my battery was glued but you can remove it by hand - I don't recall it being too difficult. Everything else is pretty straightforward as there are not many moving parts.

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #12 of 24
After having struggled with this for nearly a month now, I think I have found the best path forward. By “divine inspiration” I contacted The Cable Company (an authorized Chord dealer in New Hope, Pennsylvania) and Jason in the service department was incredibly helpful. Not only did he first sell me a new battery at a very reasonable price - which I installed myself - but when that failed to revive the Mojo he asked me to send it in for analysis and arranged for its repair. So my HTG advice would be, don't bother to simply buy a battery and replace it yourself as there may be other issues at play. Instead, send in your unit to The Cable Co for a "lube job" and let them lavish their TLC on it. They charge peanuts for the service and you won't be sorry to have the professionals handle it (I am certainly a very happy customer) // TG

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #13 of 24

file-3.jpg
file1.jpg
file3.jpg
What do you mean by improper charging?

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #15 of 24
Leaving the MOJO plugged in to a USB charger for the majority of time

Well mine lasted almost 4 years running that way but the battery is now pretty much dead. Would have liked to have seen the pics in the first post but they do not expand when I click on them. Anybody else have any luck seeing fullsize pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back