Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jul 25, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #5,086 of 10,408
Chord Dacs are all about sound quality and not convenience.
Even LDAC degrades the sound noticeably.
Even the BT on Poly was an afterthought. the network side, is bit perfect!
If you need BT, choose something from ifi, much cheaper, smaller and on LDAC, probably same sound quality as any DAC. the BT is the bottleneck.
I used the BT on my Hugo2 once, to know I never need to do it again.
Same goes for BT LDAC on my Topping DX7 pro, it degrades the sound too much (for me).
BT is absolutely fine if I want to use streaming services. I want to have just 1 devices that does it all, instead of having many for different purposes.

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #5,087 of 10,408
BT is absolutely fine if I want to use streaming services. I want to have just 1 devices that does it all, instead of having many for different purposes.
That is a fair comment, but I did say, convenience is not what they are made for.

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #5,089 of 10,408
That is a fair comment, but I did say, convenience is not what they are made for.
BT is very cheap now days. By adding BT to Mojo people would have nothing to complain about. It could be a perfect portable device.

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #5,090 of 10,408
BT is very cheap now days. By adding BT to Mojo people would have nothing to complain about. It could be a perfect portable device.
It has nothing to do with being cheap/expensive to add. It has everything to do with prioritizing sound quality and not changing the architecture of the circuit. Does BT really add that much extra connivence when the Mojo has to be in your pocket regardless? It's not like this is a BTR5 or GoBlu that's small enough to clip to a collar and reduce the dangling wires.

Jul 25, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #5,091 of 10,408
It has nothing to do with being cheap/expensive to add. It has everything to do with prioritizing sound quality and not changing the architecture of the circuit. Does BT really add that much extra connivence when the Mojo has to be in your pocket regardless? It's not like this is a BTR5 or GoBlu that's small enough to clip to a collar and reduce the dangling wires.
I just want to be able to use it when I’m watching movies. I still use direct connection for music. Would be nice to it to have to buy another device when I want to use my headphones and watch a movie on the go from my phone or my nvidia Shield at home that has LDAC. People are not dialed in to hifi all day long you know what I mean.

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #5,092 of 10,408
Hi Guys,

I bought Hifiman EF400 last month and it completely spoiled me with it's warm, smooth and lush sound. I was not liking the Mojo 2 (Cowon PM2 optical out) sound anymore (I always prefer warm sound), I could not listen to a single song completely. So, I decided to sell Mojo 2 and buy a warmer sounding DAP. So I bought Hiby RS6 as few days ago and listed my Mojo 2 for sale. I got curious how Mojo 2 will sound with RS6 as transport. And to my SURPRISE the pairing sounded wonderful for me. I don't have a clue.....:thinking:

I was not at all convinced with people telling that Mojo 2 with Poly sounds much better than phone or anything else......I BELIEVE you now :relaxed:.
You can argue that RS6 is expensive to use as a transport but I don't care.

Jul 29, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #5,093 of 10,408
Hi Guys,

I bought Hifiman EF400 last month and it completely spoiled me with it's warm, smooth and lush sound. I was not liking the Mojo 2 (Cowon PM2 optical out) sound anymore (I always prefer warm sound), I could not listen to a single song completely. So, I decided to sell Mojo 2 and buy a warmer sounding DAP. So I bought Hiby RS6 as few days ago and listed my Mojo 2 for sale. I got curious how Mojo 2 will sound with RS6 as transport. And to my SURPRISE the pairing sounded wonderful for me. I don't have a clue.....:thinking:

I was not at all convinced with people telling that Mojo 2 with Poly sounds much better than phone or anything else......I BELIEVE you now :relaxed:.
Transports and cables play a big role, we would not have products like an Auralic Aries if this wouldn’t really matter.

Jul 29, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #5,094 of 10,408
Hi Guys,

So the Cowon used as transport sounds different than the RS6 used as transport? That's interesting. How is the RS6 connected to the Mojo?

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #5,095 of 10,408
So the Cowon used as transport sounds different than the RS6 used as transport? That's interesting. How is the RS6 connected to the Mojo?
Yes, USB. With RS6 it sounds lively and warm.
I used M11 Pro via USB earlier but I couldn't find any difference. It was nothing special and was not paying much attention to find the difference.
I was very dismissive of the transports sounding different.

Jul 29, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #5,096 of 10,408
Planning to upgrade my Mojo I’ve had for 5 years to a Mojo2, DAVE is something I would really like but too expensive for me :frowning2: maybe one day
Kev

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #5,097 of 10,408
Hi to all......Had the Mojo 2 two months now, I got the original mojo upon release and have had the Hugo TT2 for nearly 3 years. The mojo2 is an unbelievable piece of kit. It seriously cuts the the gap between OG mojo and TT2. So much so , Ive got to think were does that leave Hugo2, at £1995 and Mojo2 at £500 that is a massive £1495 more. You can get a whole lot of IEM for that kind of money.!. The EQ on the mojo2 is fantastic and really not as complicated as it might first seem....So in conclusion the Mojo2 offers incredible value for money, pull the plug on one Kevin JB in Yorkshire you wont regret it!!. Also massive thumbs up Mr Watts. PS. Was big fan of the little bit and upgraded to the enlightenment, back in the day.!. Anyway folks, enjoy ya tunes.

Jul 29, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #5,099 of 10,408
Yes, USB. With RS6 it sounds lively and warm.
I used M11 Pro via USB earlier but I couldn't find any difference. It was nothing special and was not paying much attention to find the difference.
I was very dismissive of the transports sounding different.
Can the Cowan be connected via USB instead of optical to even things out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back