Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 4, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #4,145 of 10,438
Maybe it works better on ios\andoid?

Any ios user here with white noise issue?

May 4, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #4,148 of 10,438
IMO it's nothing to do with the streaming service, I had the issue with OG using Tidal or with Apple Music, and M2 same. The issue, at least for me was the micro-USB connector becoming loose/dislodged. Once I avoided bumping or moving the connector the issue disappeared.

This issue has been reported with virtually all Chord dacs, including Dave. In my opinion,
it's very overblown although I wonder how the issue happens with
USB-C cable as that connector goes deep and isn't easily dislodged.

AFAIK hasn't happened with Poly.

Not an issue for me as I don't use on the go portably, use in a stable setup at home.

May 4, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #4,149 of 10,438
IMO it's nothing to do with the streaming service, I had the issue with OG using Tidal or with Apple Music, and M2 same. The issue, at least for me was the micro-USB connector becoming loose/dislodged. Once I avoided bumping or moving the connector the issue disappeared.

This issue has been reported with virtually all Chord dacs, including Dave. In my opinion,
it's very overblown although I wonder how the issue happens with
USB-C cable as that connector goes deep and isn't easily dislodged.

AFAIK hasn't happened with Poly.

Not an issue for me as I don't use on the go portably, use in a stable setup at home.
For me, I only gonna use it at home. Usb-c and tidal\ios .Maybe with win10 sometimes.
But they advertised it as a on the go unit. So it is bad if it don`t work on the go.,cause of bad connection.

Not sure what to do. Need a warmer amp\EQ for my RS2e. Mojo2 can be a good match

May 4, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #4,150 of 10,438
I only experienced it with my Windows laptop. I suspect it was a problem with the USB driver giving the laptop too much to do. No problem at all with the Android phone, Android DAP or Windows workstation.

May 4, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #4,151 of 10,438
I haven’t experienced the white noise issue on the m2. I did have a wee bit of noise on the original mojo on the 3.5mm jack closer to the buttons (still do, but only with ky most sensitive iems)

since i’ve never had the problem, can’t even guess where that noise issue comes from, but could it be a weakness in the output from the mac or pc? I had a problem some years ago with an imac running osx yosemite. Yosemite had something funky going on with the usb driver, but when i got a schiit weird (usb scrubber), the problem went away. After upgrading to later versions of osx, the problem went away so i didn’t need the schiit wyrd anymore.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #4,152 of 10,438
On my Android phone, running Neutron, with a proper USB cable and string (setting!) neutron hardware buffer to max. it has been over a year or maybe two, I haven't had any issues.
if the player is not misbehaving and cable is decent, it hardly ever happens.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #4,153 of 10,438
@AussieMick @the teh @henrikgadegaard

It looks like it occurs most on pc\mac,
and when the music change sample rate.

Any of you that use qobus with different sample rate?
I run QoBuz on a MacBook Pro into the mojo2 using USB-C. I’ve listened like this for three or four hours a day over the last two weeks (business trip) and not had a the problem. I’ve also been listening with iphoneX and the lightning camera cable while walking with no problems despite the combo being in a pocket bouncing about on my hip.

I did have one instance of bad sound which I posted about earlier in this thread. I tracked it down to not having pushed a connector fully in. Unplugging and re plugging cleared it and it has not happened again. The noise was very ‘white noise’ in characteristic so I wonder if my experience is related to the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back