Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 7, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #3,631 of 10,441
So i got the mojo 2 today,and it sounds fantastic,but i hear some distortion in the sound that come and go.Like the sound of the sparkling in a fireplace.Jitter? I use the cable that followed my samsung note 10 plus.Maybe i should get another cable?
Yes that's worth a try, the Mojo 2 is incredibly transparent and sounds best with a good sounding cable. Or maybe it's RF?
In any case, if you can demo other cables I would recommend that.

Apr 7, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #3,632 of 10,441
So i got the mojo 2 today,and it sounds fantastic,but i hear some distortion in the sound that come and go.Like the sound of the sparkling in a fireplace.Jitter? I use the cable that followed my samsung note 10 plus.Maybe i should get another cable?
I know that sound from the Mojo 1 and even the Hugo2Go.
My M1 is stacked with a HiBy R3 DAP and when I activate Wi-Fi on the R3 I get the noise, even when I disconnect the cable between the units (Crackling for 1-2 seconds at regular intervals)

Recently I was traveling with the Hugo2Go and in a meeting room I got the same sound even though I was using the SD card as source.
It is some kind of RFI, but seems airborne, not transmitted through the cable. Check for strong signal sources nearby and try putting the Mojo in different places.

Apr 7, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #3,634 of 10,441
I currently have M17 as my player for both IEM’s and full size can. Is it worth getting the mojo 2 for just the iem (to pair it with my phone, on the go)? Or should I just stick with my current setup

Apr 7, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #3,635 of 10,441
I currently have M17 as my player for both IEM’s and full size can. Is it worth getting the mojo 2 for just the iem (to pair it with my phone, on the go)? Or should I just stick with my current setup
That’s a tricky question. M17 is heavy but carrying Mojo with phone is not great either and SQ wise it may be a side-grade. One will not outclass other but will just offer another flavor of sound.

Apr 8, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #3,636 of 10,441
My Mojo2 has gone crazy. I am now playing Apple Music from my Mabook pro. The Mac says 44khz and the Mojo light is green (96khz) and the music is playing playing around twice as fast as it should. This is messed up.

Apr 8, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #3,637 of 10,441
My Mojo2 has gone crazy. I am now playing Apple Music from my Mabook pro. The Mac says 44khz and the Mojo light is green (96khz) and the music is playing playing around twice as fast as it should. This is messed up.
try to change it back to 44khz through applications, utilities, audio midi setup.

wrong sample rates will cause speed up or slow down, I found that out once, familiar songs were like slightly off but just barely, knew something was either wrong with dac or my brain lol then I learned about that. Had the rate wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #3,638 of 10,441
Is it me, or is it that with most issues with Chord Dacs the common denominator is "Apple"!
Damn thing has incompatibility engraved in its every fibre of being. (I mean Apple products)
Chord dacs have almost no issues with Android or Windows, the ones that are , are mostly bad setup.

Apr 8, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #3,639 of 10,441
Is it me, or is it that with most issues with Chord Dacs the common denominator is "Apple"!
Damn thing has incompatibility engraved in its every fibre of being. (I mean Apple products)
Chord dacs have almost no issues with Android or Windows, the ones that are , are mostly bad setup.
Funny, I've had no particular issues with my Apple products and Chord Dacs.

Apr 8, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #3,640 of 10,441
Funny, I've had no particular issues with my Apple products and Chord Dacs.
+1

I've been using Chord DACs since the Mojo OG was released in the States. Always with Apple products. Never had an OS issue. Now there are limitations of macOS, such as the need to utilize the Audio Midi Setup app to change the sample rate. Of course, there are any number of software solutions to this issue.

Apr 8, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #3,642 of 10,441

I'm not sure your premise is correct, since most of the advice I've seen posted here for avoiding problems has been Windows-specific (WASAPI vs ASIO drivers, exclusive mode, bypassing the mixer, muting notifications, limiting yourself to certain applications, etc.).

To the extent you see Apple users having issues, it could be because the issues aren't OS-specific (e.g. the bad or loosely-connected cable theory) or because a disproportionate number of Chord users are Apple users. There's a certain similarity in philosophy between Chord and Apple products, whereas I can imagine Windows users being more likely to be attracted to products with more bang for the buck (e.g. Topping).

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #3,643 of 10,441
I’ve never been in a studio with anything but Apple computers. The same for every creative job out there (except 3D). And compatibility is 100% the reason for that.

Apr 8, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #3,644 of 10,441
@Rob Watts Hello, I´d like to ask you, is it possible to implement L R balance control into Mojos DSP please? Or does it have it already? I cannot be the only one here with damaged hearing and it is hard to find anything ... If you can do it, that will be a welcome help for many! :) thank you

Apr 9, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #3,645 of 10,441
Received Mojo 2 yesterday, it's really fun playing with the buttons and all.

White Noise:
I don't have any issues if I am using optical in but I am really frustrated with the white noise when using USB with my FiiO M11 Pro or PC. It's really annoying, it's random and only occurs when changing tracks.

Is this issue only with certain units? If that is the case, I will try to replace it with another unit.

PXL_20220409_030613397.jpgPXL_20220409_030635864.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back