Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 26, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #3,376 of 10,433
@Rob Watts
If the second 3.5mm port supports line out/optical out, that would be wonderful.
It is already basically the line out with the way Rob designs his DACs. Think of the Mojo’s 3.5mm output as other DAC’s analogue output.

Why have an optical digital output on a Digital to Analogue Converter? There would be no point of spending money on the Mojo then.

Mar 26, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #3,377 of 10,433
@Rob Watts
If the second 3.5mm port supports line out/optical out, that would be wonderful.
Why so many people still over the years couldn't understand that chord dacs don't have seperate headphone amp and dac line out stages. Volume control is applied digitally within FPGA before converting to analog. So headphone out and dac line out are same. If you want line out, simply use an output which is suitable to you, by clicking down from the highest output. I would however prefer sending the output directly to power amps likes of ahb2 which can handle high output of chord dacs. I myself use tt2+m scaler with ahb2 directly.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #3,379 of 10,433
It is already basically the line out with the way Rob designs his DACs. Think of the Mojo’s 3.5mm output as other DAC’s analogue output.

Why have an optical digital output on a Digital to Analogue Converter? There would be no point of spending money on the Mojo then.

Why so many people still over the years couldn't understand that chord dacs don't have seperate headphone amp and dac line out stages. Volume control is applied digitally within FPGA before converting to analog. So headphone out and dac line out are same. If you want line out, simply use an output which is suitable to you, by clicking down from the highest output. I would however prefer sending the output directly to power amps likes of ahb2 which can handle high output of chord dacs. I myself use tt2+m scaler with ahb2 directly.
The main reason I want to buy Mojo 2 is for its EQ.
1. I want to use it as a portable DAC/AMP with my DAPs.
2. I want to use it as a pure EQ to my desktop DAC/AMP stack.

Mar 26, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #3,383 of 10,433
I know the mojo2 has no "one touch line level". so what "colors" of the button should I set to have a similar line level output ? does anyone knows?

thanks.
I’ve found that the dark blue volume colors fit as a good line out volume. Anything over that you may get distortion when feeding into another amp.

Mar 26, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #3,384 of 10,433
Since both output ports are wired in parallel, if you plug a 30 Ohm headphone into one socket, and get output from the other to an amplifier, you force the output stage to go into class AB mode, unplug the headphone and it reverts to class A !
If I understood RW explanation correctly.
Not that class AB would sound inferior, take it as a fun fact.

Mar 26, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #3,385 of 10,433
Since both output ports are wired in parallel, if you plug a 30 Ohm headphone into one socket, and get output from the other to an amplifier, you force the output stage to go into class AB mode, unplug the headphone and it reverts to class A !
If I understood RW explanation correctly.
Not that class AB would sound inferior, take it as a fun fact.
What if both amp and headphone are plugged in but amp is powered off. Does mojo2 still operate in class ab?

Mar 26, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #3,386 of 10,433
What if both amp and headphone are plugged in but amp is powered off. Does mojo2 still operate in class ab?
Yes I believe so.
It is the low impedance that does it.
The output stage is in class A for high impedance loads (high impedance headphones and line inputs of an amp), but it goes into class AB for low impedance loads, hence I mentioned 30 Ohm headphones.

Mar 26, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #3,387 of 10,433
The main reason I want to buy Mojo 2 is for its EQ.
1. I want to use it as a portable DAC/AMP with my DAPs.
2. I want to use it as a pure EQ to my desktop DAC/AMP stack.
Better sell your dac amp stack and use mojo 2 direct. There is no point in using other dac when you have mojo 2's ultra clean analog output. Seriously mojo 2 can replace your even most expensive dac + amp desktop stack, it is so good . (Until unless you are using tt2 or dave ). Did you try your headphone direct out of mojo 2 ?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #3,388 of 10,433
Better sell your dac amp stack and use mojo 2 direct. There is no point in using other dac when you have mojo 2's ultra clean analog output. Seriously mojo 2 can replace your even most expensive dac + amp desktop stack, it is so good . (Until unless you are using tt2 or dave ). Did you try your headphone direct out of mojo 2 ?
Mojo2 has an excellent amp, but it can sound a touch too clean / lively for my taste. I really like mojo feeding into my tube amp.

Mar 26, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #3,389 of 10,433
I have yet to buy Mojo 2, been waiting for it to be back in stock in India.

It will be available next month.

If Mojo 2 powers my headphones HD6XX and LCD2C as good as my desktop stack, I will decide on selling it.

Mar 26, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #3,390 of 10,433
I have yet to buy Mojo 2, been waiting for it to be back in stock in India.

It will be available next month.

If Mojo 2 powers my headphones HD6XX and LCD2C as good as my desktop stack, I will decide on selling it.
I am already using mojo 2 with r70x and he400se and with tiny EQ adjustment i would say it is the best headphone sound experience i have ever had in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back