Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 16, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #2,656 of 10,448
Come on!
It was just a crude suggestion, saying it could have been done.
If you are really nitpicking , look closely, the ends of Toslink and coax inserts are tapered in, they could go into the bottom part of the new insets, no?
OK not 8mm, make it 10mm.
Old Mojo+Poly cases would not fit new Mojo2 anyways.
Little hex locking screws on the adaptor could fix it to Poly firmly - Poly-Mojo is not all that stable, the case or a sleeve takes care of that.
Maybe Poly 2 will use USB-C and require an adapter to work with both mojos.

I‘m kidding of course. But that would have the same degree of elegance as Mojo 2 needing an adapter for Poly imho.

Feb 16, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #2,657 of 10,448
Chord could have implemented full USB-C for both data and charging, and kept Poly backward compatibility with a simple passive adaptor such as this.
If ever a new Poly should be conjured up, it could also adopt USB-C and stay compatible.
Really, was it that hard? :

1645025788552.png

Mojo2+Poly wouldn't fit in existing Mojo cases anyways! new cases could be made a few milimeters longer.
then they would have a make a new case to accommodate those additional millimeters from the adapter. they should have just made a poly 2 for the mojo 2.

Feb 16, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #2,659 of 10,448
My Mojo 2 has shipped! I should have it tomorrow. I added a Audeze LCD Classic Closed- back to go with it. Should be a good combo.

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #2,660 of 10,448
I can’t do it from abroad so I request help if there are any individuals who has both the Mojo2 and the LCD-XC. Could you share your views on this pairing both for amp power sufficiency and for sonic harmony?
I don’t have the Mojo2, but I do own the Mojo1 and the Audeze LCD-XC, so I might be able to help a bit. The Mojo1 has more than enough power for the LCD-XC from both a Voltage and Current delivery perspective, that is undeniable. The Mojo2 would be quite capable based on the specs.

The real question is, how do the two pair for one’s sonic preference? Luckily with the Mojo2 you can adjust the tone with the UHD equalizer to be what you want. I find the my LCD-XC to sound too energetic in the upper mids and low treble area compared to my other headphones, including the Utopia. If I had a Mojo2 I would likely lower the 3kHz, or raise the 125Hz by a few dB. Then again, you might feel the opposite so really it’s up to you. Either way, the quality of Rob Watt’s engineering approach can be appreciated while being able to tune the sound for your liking.

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #2,661 of 10,448
I don’t have the Mojo2, but I do own the Mojo1 and the Audeze LCD-XC, so I might be able to help a bit. The Mojo1 has more than enough power for the LCD-XC from both a Voltage and Current delivery perspective, that is undeniable. The Mojo2 would be quite capable based on the specs.

The real question is, how do the two pair for one’s sonic preference? Luckily with the Mojo2 you can adjust the tone with the UHD equalizer to be what you want. I find the my LCD-XC to sound too energetic in the upper mids and low treble area compared to my other headphones, including the Utopia. If I had a Mojo2 I would likely lower the 3kHz, or raise the 125Hz by a few dB. Then again, you might feel the opposite so really it’s up to you. Either way, the quality of Rob Watt’s engineering approach can be appreciated while being able to tune the sound for your liking.
Thanks, I am a bit hesitant since there are some comments on the net from some years ago which state that Mojo1 is not very harmonious with the LCD-XC.

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #2,662 of 10,448

Relic, if you are using Mojo for any amount of time, you need to get Mojo 2 - it’s really good!

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #2,663 of 10,448
Got a tracking number today. Hopefully a quick trip from Vancouver to Toronto. A new battery this week in my M1, and M2 on the way. Mobile Joy.

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #2,664 of 10,448
@Kentajalli, I follow your suggestions seriously, in the spirit of improvement and experimentation. Of course I take what you say as concrete, since you usually are!
A smiley face can confirm that you are joking! 😊

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #2,666 of 10,448
I received my tracking number!!! The Mojo 2 should arrive tomorrow!

Feb 16, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #2,667 of 10,448
My Mojo 2 + Poly has shipped today, so should get it tomorrow. The store was great to deal with and made a 15% discount.

Feb 16, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #2,668 of 10,448
Thanks, I am a bit hesitant since there are some comments on the net from some years ago which state that Mojo1 is not very harmonious with the LCD-XC.
I would be in the camp that would suggest the pairing isn’t very harmonious. With the tone control in Mojo2 to fix the LCD-XC’s tuning I may reconsider that position, is what I’m getting at.

Feb 16, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #2,669 of 10,448
Relic, if you are using Mojo for any amount of time, you need to get Mojo 2 - it’s really good!
I am considering it. Between the Hugo2 and the DAVE I’m not sure a Mojo2 would be necessary but, as I just posted, it would be an interesting option to compensate for different headphone’s tuning. I’m liking what I’ve been reading about the Mojo2, and I know Rob wouldn’t have released it if there was only a minor improvement to his ears.

Feb 16, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #2,670 of 10,448
I am considering it. Between the Hugo2 and the DAVE I’m not sure a Mojo2 would be necessary but, as I just posted, it would be an interesting option to compensate for different headphone’s tuning. I’m liking what I’ve been reading about the Mojo2, and I know Rob wouldn’t have released it if there was only a minor improvement to his ears.
Early impressions, but I was on the Hugo2 tour and preferred the Mojo tonality. Mojo 2 has the same OG Mojo tonality with more detail, from bass to treble, and better timing and resolution. Really stunning. Crossfeed is great. I haven’t explored the DSP much yet, but will when I try it with the Ether 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back