Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 4, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #1,996 of 10,443
I received mine yesterday too. It is a nice little dac+amp but soundwise it is not that special compared to my good old geek out 1000. The differences are nearly zero and for me it is not worth to spent 600€. Maybe my ears are not good enough to hear the improvements :wink:.
I'm happy to have paid the 600 euros and I hope that Rob Watts will be able to drink a beer of the royalties that he will have.

Feb 4, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #1,997 of 10,443
Looking through the online manual I cant see a reference to a line level mode, unlike the Mojo where it is activated by pressing the two volume buttons simultaneosly. I have three questions:-
1. Is this an omission in the manual?
2. Is the Mojo 2 not designed to be used through an amplifier and speakers?
3. If it can, what is the output voltage, or is this controlled by the volume buttons?
Thanksn

Feb 4, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #1,999 of 10,443
Just received my Mojo and (had) been enjoying it this morning. However 3 times in the space on an hour I've been hit with ear piercing white noise!!! Have to restart the Mojo 2 to stop it. Anyone else having this issue? It's happened twice connected to my iPad Pro and once connected to my Mac.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #2,000 of 10,443
Just received my Mojo and (had) been enjoying it this morning. However 3 times in the space on an hour I've been hit with ear piercing white noise!!! Have to restart the Mojo 2 to stop it. Anyone else having this issue? It's happened twice connected to my iPad Pro and once connected to my Mac.
:s that sounds troublesome

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #2,001 of 10,443
Looking through the online manual I cant see a reference to a line level mode, unlike the Mojo where it is activated by pressing the two volume buttons simultaneosly. I have three questions:-
1. Is this an omission in the manual?
2. Is the Mojo 2 not designed to be used through an amplifier and speakers?
3. If it can, what is the output voltage, or is this controlled by the volume buttons?
Thanksn
Check the presentation Rob Watts shared about the Mojo 2, there he states that Line Out preset was dropped and explains why.
Short version: Mojo 2 is even better suited to run as a system DAC, and like with the original Mojo, yes, the volume buttons control the output voltage.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #2,002 of 10,443
I received mine yesterday too. It is a nice little dac+amp but soundwise it is not that special compared to my good old geek out 1000. The differences are nearly zero and for me it is not worth to spent 600€. Maybe my ears are not good enough to hear the improvements :wink:.

What sort of headphones did you use to test mojo 2 ? Once you dive into dac/amp area changes becomes subtle compared against differences between various headphones, but these subtle changes can make a huge difference on certain headphones. I could easily tell OG mojo apart from my desktop equipment or a dap player using Utopias, but with budget IEM I felt a bit lost

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #2,003 of 10,443
Great, so it's possible to disconnect the battery. I must admit that I have not come across this connector before. All you have to do is lever the plug on the front.

Here's how the connector latches (assuming that this is what the mojo 2 uses):
snapbee.gif

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #2,006 of 10,443
I just remember 6,7 years ago with Mojo OG wondering what exactly did i pay for, contributed zero soundwise, im definitely not being negative, genuinely want to hear what others are praising so much, I don't hear it.. let's see this time, with some bass shelf maybe..

Feb 4, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #2,007 of 10,443
I just remember 6,7 years ago with Mojo OG wondering what exactly did i pay for, contributed zero soundwise, im definitely not being negative, genuinely want to hear what others are praising so much, I don't hear it.. let's see this time, with some bass shelf maybe..

Kinda sounds like you’re being negative 🙄 especially after your “audiofools” comment and your 5 totl dongles.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #2,008 of 10,443
Kinda sounds like you’re being negative 🙄 especially after your “audiofools” comment.
Well, i think it's fair to say it as i hear it, especially that i have so much gear, i did hear H2 and there was difference soundwise, not my thing, prefer dap with C9, Mojo was a blank space in the chain for me

Feb 4, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #2,009 of 10,443
How interesting. I find the difference night and day. The original was “closed in” and flat 2D sounding. New one paints a complete soundstage. Luckily that was the factor I missed most in OG. I’d suggest your headphones are not up to the job which will therefore save you $600!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #2,010 of 10,443
How interesting. I find the difference night and day. The original was closed on and flat 2D sounding. New one paints a complete soundstage. Luckily that was the factor I missed most in OG. I’d suggest your headphones are not up to the job which will therefore save you $600!
Sorry, wasn't comparing old and new as I haven't heard it yet, was saying OG didn't make any difference to my chain back then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back