Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 1, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #1,681 of 10,442
Hi everyone,

I got my Mojo 2 this morning, could I ask a favour from someone, I've watched two Mojo 2 unboxing's on YouTube, one from the UK and the other US, in both they show a button guide card that should be included in the box, I didn't get one for some reason.

Any chance someone could scan or photo the front and back of the card and PM it to me if it's not too much of a faff, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

Cheers, Jez

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #1,682 of 10,442
I would compare both on their best, mojo on 3.5 and gryphon on 4.4

I’m super interested in this comparison
Yeah, me, too. Since the Mojo 2 is supposed to be more transparent than the Mojo OG, I am also wondering about the general sound signature.

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #1,683 of 10,442
Hi everyone,

I got my Mojo 2 this morning, could I ask a favour from someone, I've watched two Mojo 2 unboxing's on YouTube, one from the UK and the other US, in both they show a button guide card that should be included in the box, I didn't get one for some reason.

Any chance someone could scan or photo the front and back of the card and PM it to me if it's not too much of a faff, it would be much appreciated, thank you.

Cheers, Jez

You can download the user manual.

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Mojo-2-user-manual-V.1.pdf

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #1,684 of 10,442
Hi everyone,

Cheers, Jez
I don’t recall one either with mine. I’m going to screenshot the manual & print the specific pages.

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #1,685 of 10,442
Yeah, me, too. Since the Mojo 2 is supposed to be more transparent than the Mojo OG, I am also wondering about the general sound signature.
I had a Mojo OG which I hardly ever used and literally just sold, and today I got a Mojo 2 out of curiosity. I've just dialled the upper treble down a couple of dB as it seemed brighter. I also noticed some harshness on recordings where I hadn't noticed it before.

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #1,690 of 10,442
That’s correct, it disconnects the battery in desktop operation which caused heating issues on the original and reduced battery life
This feature helps extend the battery life due to reduced heat, however the battery is still exposed to the heat generated from normal operation. It would be good to know if the (improved) charging circuit can be used to power the M2 with the battery removed altogether.

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #1,691 of 10,442
Feb 1, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #1,692 of 10,442
Hi Guys,

How long ago was the Chord Mojo released?

The Hugo 2 is out now.

Any idea on when the Mojo 2 might come out?
Any rumours, etc?

Any chance you can change the thread title and eliminate “speculation” since the Mojo 2 is live. ✌️

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #1,693 of 10,442
I’m listening to the Mojo 2 with a vast selection of headphones, but it proving messy to compare to the Gryphon and Xduoo XD-05 Bal as I was using 4.4mm balanced cables with them. I have had to change everything to 3.5mm unbalanced. Has anyone got an idea how to swap cables fast?

My verdict on the the Mojo 2 so far - “The best balls in the business” . I just love the coloured balls. As to the sound quality it’s still a work in progress trying to establish the quality and also compare it.
How about comparing it to the M1 as a starting point?

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #1,694 of 10,442
Yes, it looks like the same sticker on the OG Mojo which I did remove because it was crooked, however, I would advise not tossing it but keeping it safe somewhere in case of warranty repair.

It’s strange that the top of the Mojo looks like an industrial work of art, yet on the bottom it looks like a crude DIY project. Good to know that the ugly sticker can be peeled off!

Feb 1, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #1,695 of 10,442
I’m listening to the Mojo 2 with a vast selection of headphones, but it proving messy to compare to the Gryphon and Xduoo XD-05 Bal as I was using 4.4mm balanced cables with them. I have had to change everything to 3.5mm unbalanced. Has anyone got an idea how to swap cables fast?

My verdict on the the Mojo 2 so far - “The best balls in the business” . I just love the coloured balls. As to the sound quality it’s still a work in progress trying to establish the quality and also compare it.
May I ask why you need to even bother equalizing everything to 3.5? Just compare them with what you got. I don't think it's anyone's fault that the Mojo doesn't have balanced except its creator. Or are the 3.5 and 4.4mm cables you got very different? I'm just hinting that maybe after so many years we need to take the mojo for what it is. It is a single-ended device and so far I've never been able to listen to it through my 4.4 TOTL cables. Could be a flaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back