Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Dec 6, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #6,016 of 10,443
Hi,
Thanks for the useful discussion these days, especially for comments from CaptainFantastic and Tiax. I think I now reach a conclusion.
I now have two Mojo2 at hand and they are both new. The hissing I have noticed does present at both unit similarly. It is a universal hissing picked up from my shure 535 IEM since after mojo2 boots, it is not loud but noticeable, seems like not influence my music, but definitely there. Such hissing does not relate to volume, connection of USB, etc. The hissing can be easily fixed by attenuation (ex ifi iEMatch).
My conclusion is the hissing is normal for mojo2 and my IEM combination. Otherwise it is hard to believe both new mojo2 has similar defective hissing plus their SN is far away from each other. I will keep the one and return another (simply choose the one with less hissing), with Amazon in US, it is super easy to return.
It seems like Tiax and CaptainFantasitc may have different issue, since their hissing is more like a defective unit and easily proved.
I have Shure 846 and I have no hissing with them. Could it be a problem with your 535s?

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #6,017 of 10,443
I heard a rumor (only a rumor!) that the iPhone 15 will be only wireless charging; no connector at all. That's pretty radical move because it would cut off all connection options, not just charging.
Wireless charging only doesn’t mean it can’t have a lightning connection as well. As long as it doesn’t charge from it it bypasses the EU directive.

Dec 6, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #6,018 of 10,443
Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #6,020 of 10,443
so i just got the chord mojo 2 and have it hooked up to the IPAD Pro running IOS 16.1.1. When I play any song in the Apple Music, the resolution does not change on the Mojo 2. It only shows 44khz for all Hi Rez songs in the Apple Music. I have the Apple Music set to Hi Rez in settings for Apple Music. Any thoughts what might be going on here? I am using the standard USB C cable I got with the IPAD Pro. I thought the resolution change was seamless on the IPAD/IOS. It does the same on the IPHONE also.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #6,021 of 10,443
so i just got the chord mojo 2 and have it hooked up to the IPAD Pro running IOS 16.1.1. When I play any song in the Apple Music, the resolution does not change on the Mojo 2. It only shows 44khz for all Hi Rez songs in the Apple Music. I have the Apple Music set to Hi Rez in settings for Apple Music. Any thoughts what might be going on here? I am using the standard USB C cable I got with the IPAD Pro. I thought the resolution change was seamless on the IPAD/IOS. It does the same on the IPHONE also.

Are you 100% certain the setting is Hi Res and not just lossless ?

I don't have a Mojo 2 but I connected my iPad mini with the same 16.1.1 with the same Apple charging cable and it streams hi res from Apple Music to an ifi Gryphon with no problem. With a different but basic cable it also streams hi res to my original Mojo. Logically it should work the same to Mojo 2.

Something seems off and the logical first guess is the audio quality setting.

You are not perhaps inadvertently using data rather than wifi and the data setting is to something other than hi res ?

Dec 7, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #6,027 of 10,443
I have Shure 846 and I have no hissing with them. Could it be a problem with your 535s?
I don't think so, I also have the ifi iDSD black label no hissing with the 535. chord told me it is possible for sensitive IEM to have hissing. Also based on my search it is common for low impedance IEM to have hissing, the hissing or not really depends on the combination of DAC and IEM. Maybe 535 do , 846 don't have hiss with mojo2. I know it is strange, but there really nothing I can dig in now without buying new IEMs and DACs.

Dec 7, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #6,029 of 10,443
Dec 7, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #6,030 of 10,443
Is it safe to use a Balanced Cable with a 4.4mm to 3.5mm Adapter with the Mojo 2?

I remember reading that it wasn't safe to use such a connection with one of my DAC/Amps, I can't remember if it was EarMen Sparrow, Mojo or one of iFi's devices.
Dunno about using a 4.4mm to 3.5mm cable on a single 3.5mm port of the Mojo 2, but PW Audio released an adapter that leverages both 3.5mm ports for a single 4.4mm port. I ordered the 1960s version of this. Should be arriving next week! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back