Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 27, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #3,407 of 10,224
But mojo doesn't have volume knob 🥲. Just wonder if I could add this to volume PC volume through USB. So, I could play with knob whenever I feel like it.
You won't be able to use asio driver of mojo 2. Just for having volume knob you should not degrade the sound quality. Btw if you want knob then why at all you will spend on mojo 2 ?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #3,409 of 10,224
Which driver do you suggest to use when connecting the Mojo 2 with a PC? ASIO or WASAPI exclusive?

Mar 27, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #3,410 of 10,224
But mojo doesn't have volume knob 🥲. Just wonder if I could add this to volume PC volume through USB. So, I could play with knob whenever I feel like it.
if you want digital attenuation then many keyboards come with such knob to let you control digital volume without adding another USB device in the digital path. I would never add such device in my digital chain.

Mar 27, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #3,411 of 10,224
Which driver do you suggest to use when connecting the Mojo 2 with a PC? ASIO or WASAPI exclusive?
Chord do a driver for Mojo 2 on their website. Worked well for me on workstation.

Mar 27, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #3,412 of 10,224
Chord do a driver for Mojo 2 on their website. Worked well for me on workstation.
I know, I've already installed it since day one, on my laptop. What I'm asking is, in Qobuz I see the following:

- ASIO Chord 1.05
- WASAPI Chord Mojo 2 (Chord Async 44.1kHz - 768kHz)
- WASAPI (Exclusive Mode) Chord Mojo 2 (Chord Async 44.1kHz - 768kHz)

Which one is best/recommended?

Mar 27, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #3,413 of 10,224
I know, I've already installed it since day one, on my laptop. What I'm asking is, in Qobuz I see the following:

- ASIO Chord 1.05

Sorry I can't help you with that, I can't remember which one I used and have since got rid of my Mojo 2.

Mar 27, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #3,414 of 10,224

- ASIO Chord 1.05

I find WASAPI exclusive with Qobuz works best, ASIO seems a little inconsistent with outputting the correct sampling rate.

Mar 28, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #3,415 of 10,224
Hello guys I have a question!

My friend suggest that Mojo 2 might fit the sound signature I'm looking for but I do have a few questions.

1. I'm really using it ask desktop unit, so it doesn't NEED to be portable but I'm hunting for sound signature basically.
2. It says now it has improved battery management system in Mojo 2, is it able to run directly through USB power and skipping battery power entirely?
3. My headphone is Denon D5200, so it has sparkly treble and deep bass. I also like forward/intimate vocal that's what draws me to look at Mojo 2. Would this sound like it's for me? Imagine Grado forwardness and sparkly treble but Denon/Fostex bass.
4. My current daily driver is Dragonfly Red and I like its sound signature, but resolution is low. I tried L&P W2 and W2-131 but wish the vocal is closer. Doesn't need to be portable, but using those devices so I can use volume control from keyboard for convenience. But I understand Mojo 2 would have hardware buttons for volume. In a perfect world I prefer dongle dac (volume control from keyboard) but ok with dac/amp with analogue volume knob. Not my favorite but also ok with Mojo's buttons.
5. Based on my criteria, would Mojo 2 be for me? If not what other dac/amp would have the sound I'm looking for? Mainly looking for forward vocal follow by sparkly treble and deep bass. Neutrality/linear is NOT what I'm looking for.

Originally was thinking to try Mojo 1 but I heard charging it all the time as desktop unit will kill the battery fast that's why I'm looking at Mojo 2.

Any comment would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Some people have suggested iFi Zen Dac V2 if I'm going for musicality rather than accuracy. Or should I go for the Zen stack instead?

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #3,416 of 10,224

My friend suggest that Mojo 2 might fit the sound signature I'm looking for but I do have a few questions.

1. I'm really using it ask desktop unit, so it doesn't NEED to be portable but I'm hunting for sound signature basically.
2. It says now it has improved battery management system in Mojo 2, is it able to run directly through USB power and skipping battery power entirely?
3. My headphone is Denon D5200, so it has sparkly treble and deep bass. I also like forward/intimate vocal that's what draws me to look at Mojo 2. Would this sound like it's for me? Imagine Grado forwardness and sparkly treble but Denon/Fostex bass.
4. My current daily driver is Dragonfly Red and I like its sound signature, but resolution is low. I tried L&P W2 and W2-131 but wish the vocal is closer. Doesn't need to be portable, but using those devices so I can use volume control from keyboard for convenience. But I understand Mojo 2 would have hardware buttons for volume. In a perfect world I prefer dongle dac (volume control from keyboard) but ok with dac/amp with analogue volume knob. Not my favorite but also ok with Mojo's buttons.
5. Based on my criteria, would Mojo 2 be for me? If not what other dac/amp would have the sound I'm looking for? Mainly looking for forward vocal follow by sparkly treble and deep bass. Neutrality/linear is NOT what I'm looking for.

Originally was thinking to try Mojo 1 but I heard charging it all the time as desktop unit will kill the battery fast that's why I'm looking at Mojo 2.

Regarding using the Mojo 1 in desktop mode you could remove the battery and power it up with USB.

Mar 28, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #3,417 of 10,224
Regarding using the Mojo 1 in desktop mode you could remove the battery and power it up with USB.
From what I read is that Mojo 1's battery is 7.4V, but the USB is only able to supply 5V.

So while it will work but you will not get the same sound/performance as running off the battery. Though some people hack it with a USB supply that supports 7.4V, but this approach requires some DIY. Like they drilled a hole and hook up the power supply directly onto the battery line.

Otherwise considering the discounted price of Mojo 1 now, it would probably seem like a better option for me lol.

Mar 28, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #3,418 of 10,224

When it's purple fully charged it is skipping the battery, battery life seems good but I've been running it as desktop since I bought it and hope that preserves it. Make sure to get a proper wart and charge cable so it charges to white to get to that purple state quick otherwise it's slow, I still turn mine off from time to time because I don't trust having it on all the time not effecting the battery at all.

The dsp cannot really transform a headphone's signature, more enhance it's existing signature, I hate my hd650 because it has no bass and even maxing out the bass shelves didn't help.

On my bluedio victory V1 cheapo headphones (still my favorites), it made them even better by maxing every shelf except the subbass, messing with that just ruined the entire sound with distortion, so it will be trial and error and every can is different but don't expect it to really correct vocals ect jmo, there can also be sibbilance and tinny qualities if your phones are already bright.

I like loud bassy woofer rumbling headphones and it added a bit more vocals and treble but didn't change the sound signature, but it is better than my mojo 1 or mojo 2 vanilla and I think it was worth it.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #3,419 of 10,224
From what I read is that Mojo 1's battery is 7.4V, but the USB is only able to supply 5V.

So while it will work but you will not get the same sound/performance as running off the battery. Though some people hack it with a USB supply that supports 7.4V, but this approach requires some DIY. Like they drilled a hole and hook up the power supply directly onto the battery line.

Otherwise considering the discounted price of Mojo 1 now, it would probably seem like a better option for me lol.
Actually, there's an internal dc-to-dc converter which bumps up the 5V.
I did extensive tests with and without the battery and was unable to detect any SQ differences.

Mar 28, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #3,420 of 10,224
When it's purple fully charged it is skipping the battery, battery life seems good but I've been running it as desktop since I bought it and hope that preserves it. Make sure to get a proper wart and charge cable so it charges to white to get to that purple state quick otherwise it's slow, I still turn mine off from time to time because I don't trust having it on all the time not effecting the battery at all.

The dsp cannot really transform a headphone's signature, more enhance it's existing signature, I hate my hd650 because it has no bass and even maxing out the bass shelves didn't help.

On my bluedio victory V1 cheapo headphones (still my favorites), it made them even better by maxing every shelf except the subbass, messing with that just ruined the entire sound with distortion, so it will be trial and error and every can is different but don't expect it to really correct vocals ect jmo, there can also be sibbilance and tinny qualities if your phones are already bright.

I like loud bassy woofer rumbling headphones and it added a bit more vocals and treble but didn't change the sound signature, but it is better than my mojo 1 or mojo 2 vanilla and I think it was worth it.
lol ok cool at least it seems a few people have been running it as desktop unit so far. Keep me updated!
Actually, there's an internal dc-to-dc converter which bumps up the 5V.
I did extensive tests with and without the battery and was unable to detect any SQ differences.
Ohhhh that's good to hear, yeah my concern is the drop of sound quality. But if you say it sounds the same then I'll probably try to see if I can find a Mojo 1 at good price, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back