Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 28, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #166 of 10,443
The next Mojo will have a solid state battery to last a couple of weeks, an improved M-Scaler built-in, a 0.29 femto gagiligooglesecond re-clocking USB type C and I2S inputs, along with dual AES, coaxial and optical of course, and 2.5 million taps to match the next version of Dave. I read all this on a Chinese site that is in the know, so it must be true. Oh, and it will cost about $300, give not take $499.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #167 of 10,443
Nothing to see here. It seem like first-hand photos at first, but they are not the orginal poster's photos.

It's probably from a third-party company like Fidelizer which does Chord mods:

https://fidelizer-audio.com/tag/chord/

fmojo.png

So if you see a Mojo with 2.5 termination and cosmetically change the logo by adding a subscript '2', you can easily mistaken it as a new 'Mojo2'.

Also, RW stated it's very difficult to even consider a HMS + DAC in one desktop unit much less for portable use.

Keep up the good work on the speculation front. Seems like it's still out of stock and pls update on retail price changes.

Unfortunately, it looks like a USB-C mod. It seems like a good attempt, but looks very knock-offish. But then again, maybe they needed to make it backwards-compat for Poly users, so major overhaul internally but slight modifications externally. If online photos were taken down, then it's /r/conspiracy time. But then again, it wasn't a official retail Chord shop. Just a rando website.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #169 of 10,443
Apr 28, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #170 of 10,443
That's another thing, the user interface seems off. It doesn't seem like a professional layout, just something bolted on.

Also, Chord does a good job of keeping their movie scripts tight. No leaks, no spoilers.

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #171 of 10,443
That's another thing, the user interface seems off. It doesn't seem like a professional layout, just something bolted on.

Also, Chord does a good job of keeping their movie scripts tight. No leaks, no spoilers.
The only thing I can think of is that they needed it to keep working with the Poly…. Honestly, I’d still buy it if it looked like this.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #173 of 10,443
Oh, and Chord Mojo's packaging is tight and efficient so they can move product like Amado.

They wouldn't package in a huge plain white box.

Original Mojo box was very similar:

DSC01138.jpg

Although they did update the packaging a few years later.

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #174 of 10,443

DSC01138.jpg

Ya we have no idea if the packaging is “plain white” or what. Their packaging of their higher end products isn’t exactly sleek…

I’m still skeptical though…

what are you guys thinking? Should I be the guinea pig and try to order this from the sketchy Polish site? :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #175 of 10,443

DSC01138.jpg

Corrected. Cheers. Guess I'm in need of a Mojo2 since I'm a bit outdated.

If you get a chance can you go to https://archive.org/ and plug in any websites you have seen 'Mojo2' photos?

I want to try to see the before on photos taken down.

Your recent photo shows nice clear vacuum sealed plastic wrapping while the "Mojo2" photos posted seems a bit used and loose. Maybe a lighting issue.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #176 of 10,443
Corrected. Cheers. Guess I'm in need of a Mojo2 since I'm a bit outdated.

If you get a chance can you go to https://archive.org/ and plug in any websites you have seen 'Mojo2' photos?

I want to try to see the before on photos taken down.
I think if this is a legit Mojo 2 then the release is likely imminent. Either reviewers have been sent samples or there are units in back rooms waiting for the release to be announced. Where would it come from otherwise? Unless Chord is trying to build some hype... which is smart, and fun... wouldn't be out of character.

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #177 of 10,443
I think if this is a legit Mojo 2 then the release is likely imminent. Either reviewers have been sent samples or there are units in back rooms waiting for the release to be announced. Where would it come from otherwise? Unless Chord is trying to build some hype... which is smart, and fun... wouldn't be out of character.

Colin from Chord announced in a livestream today (linked previously in this thread) that they have 3 new products set for release the 1st quarter of 2021, which is basically any time now.

Apr 29, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #179 of 10,443
Apr 29, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #180 of 10,443
Colin from Chord announced in a livestream today (linked previously in this thread) that they have 3 new products set for release the 1st quarter of 2021, which is basically any time now.
I thought he said first half? (I'm watching right now) Still very exciting. Wouldn't be surprised if we see it in early May... Every shop, far and wide, has been sold out of the Mojo it seems. I do hope they have sorted the battery issues with the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back